Here goes nothing. First, I had some Kyrocera device (it was marketed on Virgin Mobile as the Party Animal..don't ask). After that, I had a TDMA Nokia device on AT&T, which was superceded by a Nokia 3595. After that, I got a V505 on AT&T, which was right before the AT&TWS/Cingular merger. Once the merger went over, my service went to garbage. The people at Cingular said that if I moved over from Cingular Blue, I'd get better service (what a joke). That's when I got the V551, which didn't last long when I broke the contract with Cingular and went to T-Mobile. Over at T-Mobile is where I had my first experience with a "smartphone" and grew my hatred for Windows Mobile. I got an HP iPAQ h6315. I believe that I exchanged that device 14 times for various issues before I gave up on it. I went back to my V551 (which was unlocked) until I got my Treo 650. After about a year, my Treo started to give me issues, so I tried to file a claim with Asurion for another Treo (note: T-Mobile doesn't sell the Treo 650). They tried to palm (no pun intended) off a HTC Wing, which I declined. After about 6 hours of phone tag, I gave up and bought a Treo 680. A few months later, I switched to Verizon and got the Treo 700p. What a nightmare. After exchanging my 700p about four times for screen issues, I got a Treo 755p, which I thought would be better. Six months later, it too starts having the same screen issues. I tried to get them to exchange it for another device, but they refused. That's when I added another line and got a BB Curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 12:19 PM
    My first phone was a prepaid nokia that was kind of big, but not too big. Then I had a nokia that was the size of my hand, and extremely light. Then I had an LG, a LG with a qwerty Keyboard, the motorola v220. After that I had the Samsung A707, then the Samsung Blackjack, and finally my precious curve .
    08-23-08 12:46 PM
    I used to have one similar to the one below but it was black (that's not me in the pic, btw). You could actually hurt someone with that thing so in a way, it was also a weapon. lol

08-23-08 12:53 PM
    First "mobile" was a radio or maybe it worked via satellite used in Northern Manitoba in the 70's. I needed to climb a tree to put up the antenna and it worked on a car battery. Then a walkie talkie sized OKI in '89 and progressively smaller to the 8130. My have times changed!
    08-23-08 01:07 PM
    ...with an old Ericsson (before the merger w/ Sony) flip phone back in '96. Used that until the SE T68i -awesome phone and my first ever bluetooth device-. Used that until I got the Nokia 6620 - the first round of AT&T mobile tv...what garbage!-. Used THAT until I got the palm Treo 600 - complete crap...kept shutting down-. Upgraded to the palm Treo 680 - awesome device and my first smartphone-. Dropped the 680 for the 1st gen iPhone - less than average phone, great iPod/browser-. Dropped the iPhone for my current AT&T 8310 Curve - I'm in <3 -.

It's been a long, strange trip...Looking forward to the Javelin!
    08-23-08 01:08 PM
    First phone was a Motorola flip in high school...that thing was bigger than the house phone and the battery weighed about 5 lbs.

The rest weren't very memorable...except the craptastic Razr that I finally ditched a few weeks ago for my first BB...Sunset Curve...love it!
    08-23-08 01:10 PM
    (Numbers in parenthesis are the number of times I've had them)

iPhone 16gb White
    iPhone 4gb (2)
    iPhone 8gb (1)
    Blackberry Curve 8300
    Blackberry Curve 8310 (4)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Blackberry Pearl (3)
    Blackberry 7290
    Blackberry 8700c
    Blackberry 8820 (for a day or two)
    AT&T 8525
    Treo 750 (2)
    Treo 700p (2)
    Treo 700wx
    Samsung Sync
    Samsung Blackjack II (2)
    Samsung m500
    Samsung a920
    Samsung a900
    Nokia 6682
    Nokia 6030
    Sidekick II
    Sidekick III (2)
    Motorola Razr (original black)
    Motorola i95
    Motorola i830
    Motorola i730 (2)
    Motorola i860
    LG VX-6000 (one of my favorites as it was my first camera phone, too bad Verizon sucked)

I had a couple of voicestream and AT&T (before cingular) phones as well.

There are definitely more, but I can't remember all of them.
    08-23-08 02:28 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD