I just got my curve yesterday and it was cool. My husband played with it a bit today and now it is soooo slow. What apps can cause this? I'm not a tech chick so I'm lost.
    08-13-09 12:07 AM
    How may apps do you have open? You have to remember to close apps or some will keep running in the background. Also a battery pull wouldn't hurt...take the back off and remove the battery while the phone is on.
    08-13-09 12:13 AM
    Thanks, i'll try that. I don't think anything is open but just scrolling the front screen or checking texts is sooooo slow. Not like it was earlier today.
    08-13-09 12:16 AM
    Took out the battery, works great now. Hope it stays this way! Merci
    08-13-09 12:34 AM
    Battery pulls seem to solve most problems such as this. Anytime your berry acts up, do a battery pull.
    08-13-09 12:50 AM
    Yep, +1 on the battery pull fix-all.

Too bad curing cancer and solving world hunger issues isn't that simple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 01:00 AM
    I'm glad to see the battery pull worked! I have a a great app called QuickPull QuickPull Pro v3 - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store it's totally worth the $2.95 to keep your BB running smoothly
    08-13-09 09:44 AM
    There is also a free version of the quickpull.
    08-13-09 06:11 PM
    There is also a free version of the quickpull.
    Thank you for pointing that out, I totally forgot about the free version.
    08-13-09 06:21 PM
    So wouldn't the Alt + Shift + Delete work just as well.. It does on my Tour?
    08-13-09 07:09 PM
    So wouldn't the Alt + Shift + Delete work just as well.. It does on my Tour?
    Yes, but you can set QuickPull to do a pull once a day automatically. I have mine set to do it at 4 AM while I am sleeping.
    08-13-09 08:08 PM
    Also try turning on memory cleaning. Options - security options - memory cleaning.

08-13-09 08:58 PM
    Also try turning on memory cleaning. Options - security options - memory cleaning.

Memory cleaning clears maybe 100 kb out if you're lucky. Even less if you try and clear out the event log (Alt + LGLG). Nothing major like 1 MB or even 500 kb. Trust me, I was the king of trying to get as much free memory as possible when I had my 8320. Try out the old John Clark BlackBerry Memory Optimization guide on BlackBerry Forums. It's godly when you have a device with low memory. It cleared 2-3 MB out instantly for me.
    08-13-09 11:15 PM
    i think the biggest culprit to beginners if failing to properly close all open apps that can be closed. if they are, then a daily battery pull or the shortcut posted will relieve the sluggish OS issue.
    08-14-09 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD