First, I think im in the wrong fourm but i couldn't find any other suitable......

but yeah really whats the big craze for 3G when now 4G is possibly two years away?????
    Now its like all us Berry addicts and those Iphone junkheads gotta wait to upgrade again, or pray for new models...? its getting crazy , phones are starting to be like comps and always obsulete by next year..... im not on the whole 3G kick really....i got the hotspot and wi-fi so im good ... and is it true , i've heard that wi-fi is at times faster then 3g.....Im just waiting to see if T-mobile ever gets 3G berrys...cuz my contract is up in may, and i gotta sign another two year with an 8900 and in 2011 we have 4G, the phone is pretty dated, ya get my point? although im pretty sure there will be some dope Berrys by then
    02-20-09 01:44 AM
    Because 3g is finally getting up and running as a reliable service, which has taken years.
    Even if, come 2011/12 you get hold of a 4g phone, it won't work across most of the world, and will be another 5-10 years before it gets good coverage, by which time 3g will be on everything as standard. That's progress.
    By the time 4g is reliable, 5g will be on the way, and so on. That's human inventions for you - take the reliable trusted slower one, or the newer, faster one that doesn't always work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 03:25 AM
    True I agree....the only reason I ask is I work commercial construction, In a LaborerUnion...alot of the guys I talk to who have like three four yr old phones the still use or did....they said that companys like verizon/sprint mostly , told them that there phons are insufficent and non compatible with 3G so they told them to BUY a new phone.....
    I thought that was ridiculous....
    02-20-09 09:12 AM
    That's because a lot of them still have devices with no color and a lot less function. I remember my company was giving us the 7290 and finally started giving us 8700 when the 7290 got retired. Now we are getting Pearls as our company devices.
    02-20-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD