So I don't know if my BB(Pearl 8110) is the only one that does this or if it's normal...

I notice that sometimes my tracker ball and phone(where the numbers are) light up and other times not. And it doesn't just light up when I first begin to use it and then stay off the entire rest of the time I am using it. It usually lights up, then goes dark(while the screen becomes less bright), and then sometimes lights up again while other times it doesn't light up again at all. I have turned off the "Dim Background Light" option. Ideally I would like to keep it bright light the entire time I am using it. Anyone know of the timing sequence of these lights? Or is it just my phone that's weird?

(also, I noticed the screen will be really bright and then kind of dim, and then bright again while I am playing a game, even though I have checked the option for backdrop light to always on)

Puzzled~
    05-21-09 10:11 PM
    The berry's have a sensor to determine how much light is in the area you are using it in. This effects how much backlight it produces and when the keypad will light up. The keypad on my berry usually doesn't light up during the day unless I am in an extremely dark room.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 10:39 PM
    Wow! What they can do these days! I guess I've been living in the total "dark" about this. (Yes I am a first-time BB user/abuser). Thx!
    05-21-09 10:46 PM
    Wow! What they can do these days! I guess I've been living in the total "dark" about this. (Yes I am a first-time BB user/abuser). Thx!
    Lol. You're welcome. Don't feel bad about asking questions. I've been using Blackberry for a year now but didn't know a darn thing about these phones until I found this site back in March. Now I'm just trying to learn everything I can and help out whoever I can with what I've learned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 11:02 PM

it helps a lot with overcoming there battery problems... saves a lot of battery for the lights to not be active or as bright when not needed..

Previously blackberrys were not known for good battery life that's for sure!
    05-21-09 11:17 PM
    yea I thought the same thing at first to, I was like why does the ball sometimes light up and sometimes don't lol and after that I thought maybe if i receive an email or txt then it light up but after doing some much needed research on my BB curve, it was the light thing
    05-21-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD