Here is my problem..

I have the 9930 with Verizon for less than a month.

Verizon is just too expensive..

ATT sucks and is too expensive..

Sprint has the BEST plans, but their service sucks and customer service is even worse. Even someone's voice on the other end sounds weird.

TMobile was my savior. GREAT plans, good service and the best customer service. Never had a problem with them. However, they want out of the US market and are going through the B/S with ATT.

Forget Metro PCS or any of those other unreliable companies.

So what do I do?

If I knew forsure TMobile would stay the same and do what they been doing all these years without taking a step back in service and keep up with service then I would go back with them tomorrow.

So, can anyone let me know anything? I would appreciate it.

TY
    09-22-11 09:03 PM
    Nobody can tell you anything. Nobody knows anything. Quite frankly, it doesn't matter. If you sign a 2 year contract with T-Mobile today and take advantage of their well priced plans, you will have service. DT will not just shut down T-Mobile. The assets are still valuable, and if the ATT transaction doesn't go through, they will have to either keep it, spin it off or break it up and sell off the assets. If ATT buys them, you will have service, and your contract will remain in force. If the transaction is blocked completely, you will have service and it will remain the same. If T-Mobile is spun off or sold to another carrier, your service will remain the same. If the ATT transaction does not go through, it will take T-Mobile a while to find a new strategy and implement it. So, no matter what, your service will most likely stay the same for the forseeable future....until it changes. And, if it changes, you can always transfer out when your contract is up. Everybody is so worried about what is going to happen. Nobody knows, so enjoy the service and great prices now, and worry about it when there is actually something to worry about.
    jkrc717 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-22-11 09:13 PM
    I don't think the ATT and Tmobile deal will ever go through, there's too much opposition from more than one important agency. I laughed at the deal from the start...

Even if it would go through though, you'll be safe for a long time, Att won't be able to force you into an expensive plan for quite some time after the merger. By that time Sprint might be a better choice, or there might be different choices out there.

Don't think of what it's going to be like 3 or 4 years down the road, things will be very different then. If you think Tmobile is the best choice for you at this time, then go to them, or worry about the future when that time comes.
    jkrc717 likes this.
    09-22-11 09:13 PM
    Thanks to both.. i'm going back to TMobile..
    09-22-11 09:30 PM
    I don't think the ATT and Tmobile deal will ever go through, there's too much opposition from more than one important agency. I laughed at the deal from the start...

Even if it would go through though, you'll be safe for a long time, Att won't be able to force you into an expensive plan for quite some time after the merger. By that time Sprint might be a better choice, or there might be different choices out there.

Don't think of what it's going to be like 3 or 4 years down the road, things will be very different then. If you think Tmobile is the best choice for you at this time, then go to them, or worry about the future when that time comes.
    I agree that the T and T-Mobile deal will die. It will be expensive for T, and T-Mobile will stay in the US market, it would cost more than they have to just abandon the US market. Might they sell to someone else? Yes, probably will but it will be awhile before the T deal ends and they can begin looking around again. Stick with T-Mobile for awhile.
    jkrc717 likes this.
    09-22-11 09:38 PM
    Being a current tmobile customer, I will say I overall still like them as my grandfathered plan is hard to beat. Not to mention for the most part I get service everywhere.

Only negative I have currently is their once #1 in customer service has went way downhill. It takes longer to get somewhere on their automated system and when connected to a live rep it is someone foregin. They have been outsourcing a lot lately. Shame as it was something they take a lot of pride in.

Good luck on whoever you choose. Least it is nice to still have options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 11:40 PM
    Carriers ... mobile carriers... well i think that you need to just select what is best for you and go with it.. you will find a lake of something anywhere.. there is no such thing 100% perfection...
    09-23-11 12:25 AM
    I could never use CDMA without SV&D. Too terrible a user experience. Have friends who I IM with via our phones and everytime he gets a call he goes offline, then comes back online... Then goes offline cause he had to make a call, then comes back online. Etc. Etc. Fills up my windows with "<x> comes online/goes offline at <y> time" bullcrap.

Not too mention my mother has a CDMA BB and when I was trying to install some apps for her I kept getting interrupted by incoming calls, which would completely end the download and made me have to start all over again (not good for peeps with low data plans, IMO!).

On the flip side. T-Mobile's coverage is terribad. AT&T is actually putting up new towers. T-Mobile has the spectrum, but they aren't building out their network coverage cause they don't have the cash to do it. It truly is the most inconsistent cell network I've ever used. You can have full 3G bars and 3 minutes later you're with 1 bar of GPRS, etc.

For some odd reason, AT&T's signal also seems to have better penetration in buildies for me.

I'm with T-Mobile now, but I'm in the process of trying to sell all my devices so I can move back to AT&T. Especially if the iPhone 5 has a 4" screen like a few rumors are suggesting...

If you don't travel a lot, and T-Mobile is good within a good 20+ miles of where you live. Go with them and save money. If not then I'd just bite the bullet and go with AT&T. Verizon is just too expensive. Even if they got coverage here (they don't, they won't even sell us phones to check because they say they won't - we tried :P ) I would not use them (and they're CDMA, anyways).
    09-23-11 12:26 AM
    Only negative I have currently is their once #1 in customer service has went way downhill. It takes longer to get somewhere on their automated system and when connected to a live rep it is someone foregin. They have been outsourcing a lot lately. Shame as it was something they take a lot of pride in.
    I don't think I've actually CALLED T-Mo customer service in the past 2 years. I always use their chat feature. It takes like 30 seconds to get connected to a rep.

T-Mobile Support Community: Topic: Chat
    09-23-11 11:18 AM
    I have never used that feature. I may give it a whirl next time, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 07:30 PM
    I have been with Verizon for over 15 years and I have tried all the others. Hands down Verizon has the best coverage and customer service. Att had the best voice quality and tmo has great customer service.
    During the last hurricane Irene my phone never failed me but my neighbor who just switched to tmo lost service for a week!
    He now wishes he didn't but too late he has a two year contract.

The building I work at has a Att tower on it that went down and wasn't fixed for a week.
    So if your looking for reliability then by far Verizon is the one IMO.
    09-23-11 07:56 PM
    For what it's worth, AT&T has said that T-Mobile customers will be able to keep and renew their contracts just as AT&T customers on "unlimited" data plans can retain them in spite of AT&T's adoption of it's tiered data plans.
    09-23-11 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD