ShopBlackberry.com.us has been down for weeks with the lame message that it there are temporary difficulties, etc. Smacks of a company going out of business. I know better, but wish RIM would be a little more candid about what the "hay" is going on!
    11-30-12 09:29 AM
    ShopBlackberry.com.us has been down for weeks with the lame message that it there are temporary difficulties, etc. Smacks of a company going out of business. I know better, but wish RIM would be a little more candid about what the "hay" is going on!
    I agree. I brought this up earlier this week. I'm not one to cast stones at RIM... but I was looking to buy a couple PlayBooks and had to get them from Amazon instead. With the holiday shopping season among us, this really isn't an ideal time to have a retail site down... just sayin'
    11-30-12 09:38 AM
    I agree. I brought this up earlier this week. I'm not one to cast stones at RIM... but I was looking to buy a couple PlayBooks and had to get them from Amazon instead. With the holiday shopping season among us, this really isn't an ideal time to have a retail site down... just sayin'
    That's where I bought this PB and wanted to buy my son one. But, if I didn't know RIM I'd think, if they can't get there you know what together to to launch a sales site how the heck could they make a decent smartphone?
    11-30-12 09:54 AM
    That's where I bought this PB and wanted to buy my son one. But, if I didn't know RIM I'd think, if they can't get there you know what together to to launch a sales site how the heck could they make a decent smartphone?
    I'm not sure if they are having technical difficulties with it.. or just brought the site down to revamp it and it is taking longer than anticipated. Either way, not very good timing!! Hopefully it will be up soon.. although I already bought at 32 GB PlayBook for a Xmas present for my kid... $185.. I'm still peeved that I couldn't get a $150 64GB version from Office Depot.
    11-30-12 10:22 AM
    ShopBlackberry.com.us has been down for weeks
    I see it's down - but - the correct address is: shopblackberry.com and us.shopblackberry.com

.com.us is not a site
    11-30-12 11:57 AM
    Yeah, it's been down for a while now. ShopBlackBerry.com wasn't powered by BlackBerry, but by a third party company who then went bankrupt. Left them without a store, so BlackBerry is now building a new one.

Here's the statement from BlackBerry on it I received when I reached out after it first went down.

“Due to circumstances beyond our control, ShopBlackBerry.com is temporarily unavailable. Customers who have paid for merchandise but have yet to receive it will have their orders fulfilled by RIM as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause.

“We are currently working to restore functionality so that customers are able to continue purchasing BlackBerry Smartphones, Tablets and Accessories from ShopBlackBerry.com in the near future. BlackBerry products remain on sale from a wide variety of retail websites and locations around the world.”

They just updated the ShopBlackBerry store landing page recently to a coming soon for BB10, but for a few weeks before that they were linking out to other retailers. They actually had ShopCrackBerry.com listed as the recommended online store.

I'm sure they're hustling to get relaunched as fast as possible.
    bizzyqu, pkcable and Tom689 like this.
    02-13-13 03:40 PM
    02-13-13 03:44 PM
    I also prefer this place
    02-13-13 07:49 PM