Over the past few weeks, I've seen many stories about the Passport and the Classic. I know this is probably taboo on CB but I absolutely dislike the Passport and don't prefer the Classic.

Passport looks odd (not in a good way), plus what's the point of the keyboard if you have to use the touch screen anyway for numbers or simple capitalization? I understand that some of you love it, and that's fine but I seriously doubt it's BB's salvation.

Classic is a the type of device I prefer but the classic belt of keys on top of the keyboard is not my idea of evolution of technology. Again, I understand why people want the call keys, back button, and the trackball, I've used the Pearl & 9900.

Brings me to my question, will BlackBerry release the next version of Q10? (touch + full keyboard) Also, what about the next Z30?
    06-29-14 07:17 PM
    Over the past few weeks, I've seen many stories about the Passport and the Classic. I know this is probably taboo on CB but I absolutely dislike the Passport and don't prefer the Classic.

Passport looks odd (not in a good way), plus what's the point of the keyboard if you have to use the touch screen anyway for numbers or simple capitalization? I understand that some of you love it, and that's fine but I seriously doubt it's BB's salvation.

Classic is a the type of device I prefer but the classic belt of keys on top of the keyboard is not my idea of evolution of technology. Again, I understand why people want the call keys, back button, and the trackball, I've used the Pearl & 9900.

Brings me to my question, will BlackBerry release the next version of Q10? (touch + full keyboard) Also, what about the next Z30?
    Yes to both but no official announcement of when. But in the days that followed the announcing of the Q20 (now named BlackBerry Classic), they said the Q20 type phone would not mean the end of Q10 type phones, it would just be an alternative option for those who want the function row keys and trackpad.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    06-29-14 08:21 PM
    I wanna see some specs soon!
    06-29-14 10:32 PM
    It makes perfect sense to sell a cheaper Q5 with a 3.5 inch screen. I really do not see any market for a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 11:33 PM
    If you don't see a market for Q10, how do you see Passport/Classic? As DOA?
    06-29-14 11:55 PM
    I agree with OP, both the Passport and the Classic does not really work for me.

The "ending call" option could have used an existing physical button for that. They could have used the voice control activation key for hanging up (as that key does not have any function during the call currently)

While I won't be replacing my Q10 any time soon, it would be nice to know that there will be a direct successor to the Q10.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    06-30-14 12:03 AM
    If you don't see a market for Q10, how do you see Passport/Classic? As DOA?
    No. The Q10 has already ceased production. It will be sold off once the Classic is released. There is only a very small market for a 3.1 inch phone except perhaps at a $150 price level. I think they could make and sell a 3.5 inch Q5 without a trackpad at a low price point.

Any phone with a screen that is 3.5 inches or less can benefit from a trackpad hence the Classic should sell better than the Q10. I think the Passport will outsell all previous BB10 phones.

Yes, BlackBerry badly needs a Z30 replacement and an updated Z10 with a 4.6 inch screen as well.
    Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 09:57 AM
    Sorry, but Passport will be one of the worst BB10 running phones. Hope I'm wrong though...

No. The Q10 has already ceased production. It will be sold off once the Classic is released. There is only a very small market for a 3.1 inch phone except perhaps at a $150 price level. I think they could make and sell a 3.5 inch Q5 without a trackpad at a low price point.

Any phone with a screen that is 3.5 inches or less can benefit from a trackpad hence the Classic should sell better than the Q10. I think the Passport will outsell all previous BB10 phones.

Yes, BlackBerry badly needs a Z30 replacement and an updated Z10 with a 4.6 inch screen as well.
    Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 01:42 PM
    Have to complement BB for trying to satisfy all. It is a balancing act larger screen, keyboard and various incidentals without carrying a IPAD.
    07-01-14 12:59 AM