Ok, is anyone else having trouble with their BB Curve??? I have the Verizon 8330. I got it almost exactly a year ago. Well, since Friday, it's got a mind of it's own!!! It's moving in and out of being able to use apps, and most of the time, it doesn't matter what button you hit, it just displays #, random numbers and letters, doesn't let me get messages...it's nuts and it's driving me insane. I was going to take it Verizon tonight, but of course it was working fine...so, now that they're closed for the night, it's acting up again...any ideas??? Battery problem??? Something more? I've not had trouble with this thing up til now...
    06-11-09 08:28 PM
    Its a blackberry, get used to it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 10:56 PM

Wow!! You get the award for the worst advice ever given on Crackberry! You should be proud of yourself!

06-11-09 10:59 PM
    Ok, is anyone else having trouble with their BB Curve??? I have the Verizon 8330. I got it almost exactly a year ago. Well, since Friday, it's got a mind of it's own!!! It's moving in and out of being able to use apps, and most of the time, it doesn't matter what button you hit, it just displays #, random numbers and letters, doesn't let me get messages...it's nuts and it's driving me insane. I was going to take it Verizon tonight, but of course it was working fine...so, now that they're closed for the night, it's acting up again...any ideas??? Battery problem??? Something more? I've not had trouble with this thing up til now...
    Hope you're still within that one year warranty period! If you are, get it replaced.

06-11-09 11:01 PM
    Well, I got it on the 15th last year, so I hope it is.
    06-12-09 07:24 AM
    The 15th of this month last year? If so, you better get on the phone with your carriers CS and have it exchanged!

06-12-09 07:27 AM
    Back up your device and do a wipe see if that helps kinda a hard reset

06-12-09 07:49 AM

Huh?...you really, really, really wanted to win the "Worst advice of Forever Award"!

To the OP...the good advice is to call your customer service department...NOW!

Posted from my Bold with a little help from not being bitter towards BBerry for some reason..
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-12-09 at 09:02 AM.
    06-12-09 08:53 AM
    Thanks to all of you for recognizing the content of that post is not helpful or appropriate.

From your description, I would suspect a stuck trackball sensor switch or perhaps the connection between the keyboard assembly and the logic board. Signals are getting through, but not reliably. Interesting that the effect is intermittent, that sure does sound like a signal path is failing.

This is a hardware issue, your carrier should replace your device with a referb.
    06-12-09 12:26 PM
    Mine was just about over a year old last week and i found a reason to get a new one if you have insurance be creative.
    06-12-09 01:52 PM
    Thanks for the input folks. I think tomorrow I'm going to run it back up to the store where I got it from. It doesn't make sense to me...one second it's fine, next second it's doing all sorts of weird stuff, even to the point of not being able to reply to or send texts and get on the web. Even hitting the delete button isn't working...it starts typing in random letters and things...

This is my first real problem with it since I got it...
    06-12-09 01:56 PM
    I'm also hoping it does this when I take it to the store so they don't look at me like I'm nuts when they play with it and it acts fine! LOL
    06-12-09 01:57 PM
    taking it to the store proably wont do u any good... stores dont like to deal with the devices, nad usually wont, after the 30-day warranty period is up.. call vzw CS and have them exchange it out.
    06-12-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD