Good day all,

I've just had mine sent in and I'm told 6 to 8 weeks. Do they have that many returns that it would take over a month to get back?
    12-15-13 02:52 PM
    That's a while lol, I sent my Z10 in through my carrier for a repair and in took about 10 days I believe. No more that 14 for me

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 02:56 PM
    Well that's not so bad. Was it wiped cleaned when you got it back?
    12-15-13 03:01 PM
    Yes it was wiped

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 04:47 PM
    6 weeks, wasn't even fixed, had to resend, only took a week 2nd time

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    12-15-13 04:48 PM
    Was yours wiped too?
    12-15-13 08:21 PM
    AT T has u back up via link, wipe phone, send it then new phone arrives in 3 days max. U hook to BlackBerry Link and update your back up info and perfecto! Simple and fast warranty process

Posted via CB10 with Z10
    12-15-13 09:21 PM
    Depends what's wrong with it, I sent a 9900 in when they were bricking during night charging and they sent a new one back. I know it was new because of different imei and pin + my screen protector was missing. Mine took two weeks through rogers.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:24 PM
    Thanks everyone.
    12-15-13 09:49 PM
    10 business days, which ended being 2 weeks.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 01:34 AM
    I guess I got lucky then. Every time my Sprint or Nextel BB died, I got shipped another. I didn't keep any of the phones longer than a year which was covered under the mfg's warranty.

A couple of the RNs I work with said it took close to two months to get theirs back and when they got them back, they weren't fixed so they moved on to another platform. I don't know the specifics of what exactly was wrong with their phones. I just knew they weren't happy.

A former friend of mine had the same problem. BB kept on breaking and RIM kept it almost a month and a half.
    12-16-13 08:48 AM
    Sent my o2 z10 back to BlackBerry with a software issue was back in 8 days

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 09:39 AM
    10 business days, which ended being 2 weeks.

Posted via CB10
    Wiped?
    12-16-13 04:14 PM
    Sent my o2 z10 back to BlackBerry with a software issue was back in 8 days

Posted via CB10
    Wiped?
    12-16-13 04:15 PM
    For security / privacy reasons all BlackBerry's are wiped when being returned to BlackBerry. Your carrier should have told you that when you returned your phone. It's been years since I returned a BlackBerry for repair, but the 2 times I did, it was 1-2 weeks

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 04:18 PM
    I sent mine in through my carrier, and they told me 2-4 weeks. I didn't see it for 6...

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:03 PM
    I find this amount of time to be excessive especially considering I've only had the phone for three months. The defect is through no fault of mine and I'm being told 6-8 weeks. Ridiculous. I wonder if other companies like Samsung or Apple have the same delay...
    12-16-13 05:24 PM
    Wiped?
    I backed up and wiped it before giving it to them, but they asked me if I had backed it up when I gave it to then since they said the repair people would wipe it before doing any work on it.

I wiped it for privacy reasons though (even if they had guaranteed my data would be OK).

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 07:34 AM
    It's stuff like this that makes me wonder why people are so curious why BB's sales are so poor. Their customer service is ATROCIOUS!!! It's embarrassing that our devices still have to be sent in to be repaired and can't be replaced on the spot like they should be or sent a new one next day over the phone. It's a wonder this company is even around at all with the pathetic way they treat their customers.
    12-17-13 09:43 AM
    It's stuff like this that makes me wonder why people are so curious why BB's sales are so poor. Their customer service is ATROCIOUS!!! It's embarrassing that our devices still have to be sent in to be repaired and can't be replaced on the spot like they should be or sent a new one next day over the phone. It's a wonder this company is even around at all with the pathetic way they treat their customers.

Delays aside, the only instance in which a phone would be given on the spot, at least in regards to my provider (Bell), is if I had taken the extended warranty plan and that applies to any phone. If not, I have to wait for a replacement. That's not a Blackberry specific procedure tho. Granted the delay for a replacement is too long but I don't believe this is solely a phone manufacturer issue.
    12-17-13 11:29 AM
    When I broke my 9380 they returned it in 2-3 weeks.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    12-17-13 12:37 PM
    They don't actually go to BlackBerry, they go to authorized 3rd party service centers that have contracts with BlackBerry. Each area is different.. here in Ontario its flextronics in newmarket. Turn around time is USUALLY 2 weeks unless there's a part on back order or something. Other servcies centre's would be diffrent.

Also of note, these service centers are not exclusively BlackBerry.. So their backlog has nothing to do with how many defective BlackBerry's there are, or in some cases even how many defective cell phones there are across the board. They might fix TV's, car radios you name it. So it's just dependant in their total workload.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 12:44 PM
    Delays aside, the only instance in which a phone would be given on the spot, at least in regards to my provider (Bell), is if I had taken the extended warranty plan and that applies to any phone. If not, I have to wait for a replacement. That's not a Blackberry specific procedure tho. Granted the delay for a replacement is too long but I don't believe this is solely a phone manufacturer issue.
    If you are in Canada, it shouldn't take more than two weeks. I have had a few Blackberry phones repaired and if you get it in late in the week, it is typically back by the end of the next week. This is with Rogers. In my case, they went to Flextronics and seemed to only take two or three business days to fix them and then a couple days to ship back to the store. In a couple cases, a 9810 and 9800, they replaced the phone. In the case of a 9900 with dead pixels, they replaced everything but the circuit board, as everything was new including the housing and keyboard.

It seems that both Bell and Rogers have gone to the American model of using a third party for insurance (Assurance for Rogers) and it may be in their best interest to sell this and as a result have less of their own repair infrastructure or repair sub-contactors. It has been eighteen months since I Iast sent a phone in for repair, so even Rogers may be slow now. At least they loan you a phone when yours is off for repair.

I also deal directly with a Rogers company owned store. I am not sure if third party stores may cause some of the delay as well, such as only sending the phones in batches once a week. With Rogers, they took my phone and it went right into a courier envelope and into a courier pickup box to go next day to Flextronics.

The final option is see if there is a warranty approved repair center in your area. For example, in my area there is a third party Rogers dealer that can repair a lot of the brands in house, including BlackBerry phones.
    12-17-13 01:10 PM
    I also deal directly with a Rogers company owned store. I am not sure if third party stores may cause some of the delay as well, such as only sending the phones in batches once a week. With Rogers, they took my phone and it went right into a courier envelope and into a courier pickup box to go next day to Flextronics.
    THIS!

It's not at all uncommon for 3rd party stores to sit on a defective phone in their stock room for 2 weeks before even sending it to the repair center. Then when you call they go "oh crap.. uh yeah.. it's uh waiting for parts..maybe another few weeks ' and finally ship it out.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 01:16 PM
    Be lucky that your carrier lets you send it in for repair. Verizon flat out refused to let me send mine for repair! They claimed that BlackBerry doesn't offer such a service. Instead they said they can only swap my phone for a refurbished one -and I only had it about a month and a half.
    12-17-13 01:19 PM
33 12