So after coming back from being a way from BB for a while my 9650 and I wanted to go to a Verizon store and check out the 9930 in person. So first store I go to has no BB at all and I thought that was strange. So my second stop at Verizon I ask about it and the guy tells me they have none on display but offers me to check out his being that's what he uses. So now on way homw I stop at another location and they tell me they could special order me one in but have none in the store! What the **** is going on? I can't blieve how much a year in time makes. I remember this time last year half of the phones on display were berries now its like they never exsisted. I'm a little worries for Rim I must admit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-11 01:24 PM
    yea my local verizon has one bb "9930" over in the corner and thats it.BUT THEY HAVE EVERY ANDROID DEVICE/tablet you can think of.
    12-06-11 01:47 PM
    Verizon stocks what sells. BB doesn't sell well so why bother? I had to get my S2 special ordered last year. Not one store in the area had one in.
    12-06-11 02:03 PM
    I spent three hours over the last two days at verizon and got two 9850's and two bluetooths. They had 9930 and 9850 in stock.
    BB's were out selling iphones/androids at least while I was there.
    Hard to sell you a phone when the store has none in stock.
    Also my brother just recieved his sixth droid in the last month. Verizon upgraded him to the droid3.
    12-06-11 02:12 PM
    Space not saying your wrong but I tend to agree with ColdSunshine.

Last edited by Accidental Post; 12-08-11 at 01:08 PM.
    12-06-11 02:23 PM
    Six droids in a month??? What the ...
    12-06-11 03:16 PM
    Hard to not sell better when that is all they push on you when you go in there. Your avg person is going to take what they are pushing.
    12-06-11 04:00 PM
    Android is what they push, at least here. Not the iPhone, and definitely not BB or WP7. It's all about the Android. They look at you like you are from outer space when you tell them that you aren't interested in Android.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-06-11 04:02 PM
    I am from outer space
    12-06-11 04:06 PM
    Verizon stocks what sells. BB doesn't sell well so why bother? I had to get my S2 special ordered last year. Not one store in the area had one in.
    How is it suppose to sell if you don't stock it?
    nuangel2 likes this.
    12-06-11 04:25 PM
    I am from outer space
    I am too. When my wife and I went back to Verizon to port from AT&T, before we walked in the door, we knew what we wanted. Iphone for her, BB for me. The rep was just shocked that we didn't both want Android. The world doesn't revolve around Android. It's great for those who like it, but there are people who don't like it or want it.
    kbz1960 and ThePinkChameleon like this.
    12-06-11 05:38 PM
    Well maybe because in general BB users are smarter than the average bear they buy them from other sources which are ALWAYS cheaper than the V-stores.
    12-07-11 06:29 AM
    You can't blame the carriers just look at the OS 7 launch there are no themes available yet and the app selection is not up to par and now rim admits to nuking issues with the 9900 series. People want the latest and greatest and that's what is selling. I had high hopes for rim but I have to say if the QNX devices don't appear soon and be comparable to what's on the market than its over for rim.
    12-07-11 08:45 AM
    Look at the way the phones are marketed. Droid = Sexy, Hot, Music, Social Media, In, 4G, Fast, Super, Rule the World, ETC BB= Productive, Email, BES, 3G, A grey flannel suit in the board room. If your a 20 something or even older what do you want? Even if your not a 20 something and you have no real knowledge of Smart Phones which are you going to buy? That is the fear I have for BBX old staid trite marketing.
    12-07-11 10:07 AM
    My local T-Mobile store still stocks and have quite a few BB's on display.

I guess it just depends on the carrier. With that said, there were still more Android phones. Carriers will push what sells better, most the time. Don't they get more commission on stuff like that, or is that a myth?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    12-07-11 02:52 PM
    Android is what they push, at least here. Not the iPhone, and definitely not BB or WP7. It's all about the Android. They look at you like you are from outer space when you tell them that you aren't interested in Android.
    That's how the VzW stores in my area are also....pushing the androids.
    12-07-11 07:05 PM
    IF they will push Blackberry it will sell.. but i think that Verizon don't want them in the market.
    12-08-11 05:35 AM
    My local T-Mobile store still stocks and have quite a few BB's on display.

I guess it just depends on the carrier. With that said, there were still more Android phones. Carriers will push what sells better, most the time. Don't they get more commission on stuff like that, or is that a myth?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    The sales people there do work on commission.

IF they will push Blackberry it will sell.. but i think that Verizon don't want them in the market.
    I don't think it has anything to do with carriers not wanting them. It has to do with the quality of the BBs. When you've got a BB like the 8530 that freezes and crashes and you've got it next to an iPhone and the latest Android, why bother? The Android and the iPhone will win out every time. Just like the chart that Accidental Post posted on the first page. Even now with the OS7 BBs out, people still remember the crappy ones and it's just a reaction to stay away. This is where positive marketing comes in which is something RIM knows nothing about. Even in print ads here for AT&T and Verizon there are no BBs in the ads. It's Androids and iPhones.

It's also not just Verizon. The ex has AT&T and he took his iPhone in to get it updated to iOS5 and I tagged along. At the AT&T store in town, it was Android this and iPhone that. They had the Torch touch and the Torch slider on display shoved into a tiny corner next to the bill pay kiosks. Even the sales reps in the store all had iPhones or Androids clipped to their belts. No one had a BB.
    Last edited by ColdSunshine; 12-08-11 at 09:02 AM.
    12-08-11 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD