So i got a blackberry curve today and I am a t-mobile customer. What is free and what will i get charged extra for?
    07-06-08 11:41 PM
    What are the details of your plan?
    And more importantly, why would you sign up
    for a plan without knowing the answer to this?
    07-06-08 11:43 PM
    LMAO....Very good point AG...kinda scary if you dont know the answer to this especially since blackberry's operate using Data...
    07-06-08 11:53 PM
    Very good point as always, ag.
    Hopefully the op has unlimited data at the very least!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 11:59 PM
    Happy to hear you got a Berry, sad to hear you haven't read the fineprint of your contract. Guess its back to TMO for you to know exactly what amount you going to be forking out every month.

07-07-08 12:02 AM
    Your bill is free every month. Don't worry about making a payment at all. LOL ok I kid. You get free wi-fi. There are free apps if you go to mobile.blackberry.com and some on here. Search the net for free things.
    07-07-08 12:06 AM
    I didnt sign up for a plan...I had t-mobile before and my phone broke and I was given this phone...so i simply just took the sim card out and put it into the blackberry...Basically i have unlimited min and text....I dont need to check my email on my phone and I dont need internet...but i noticed how there is wi-fi and how if you make calls through wi-fi its free?
    07-07-08 02:02 AM
    You can sign up for h@h service, but I don't think you need it to make uma calls.
    Good luck and welcome to cb!

07-07-08 02:07 AM
    UMA = calls thru wifi
    H@H = free calls thru wifi (@ $10/mo.)

07-07-08 09:03 AM
    Nothing.....
    07-07-08 09:34 AM
    Unlimited Data on TMobile is $19.99

Email only is $9.99

WiFi is free

Call TMobile and inquire about your plan... there are so many different combinations of addons, etc that we cannot help you given the information you provided
    07-07-08 09:42 AM
    I didnt sign up for a plan...I had t-mobile before and my phone broke and I was given this phone...so i simply just took the sim card out and put it into the blackberry...Basically i have unlimited min and text....I dont need to check my email on my phone and I dont need internet...but i noticed how there is wi-fi and how if you make calls through wi-fi its free?
    Wifi is not for making calls.
    07-07-08 09:48 AM
    What they are trying to say is.....without a data plan, you really can't use the blackberry the way it was meant. However, WiFi capable just means with T-mobile, when you are in a Hot Spot you will have faster internet service. You will have T-Zones but you may not be able to access everyything they offer unless you pay a monthly fee. My suggestion would be to go to the Blackberry website and download the desktop manager for your PC, T-mobile can give you a link throught their site. This way you can download free games and such and then load them onto your BB.
    I hope this helps. I just switched from T-Mobile and had the 8320 Curve.

Welcome to Crackberry,
    07-07-08 10:19 AM
    Your bill is free every month. Don't worry about making a payment at all. LOL ok I kid. You get free wi-fi. There are free apps if you go to mobile.blackberry.com and some on here. Search the net for free things.
    But one needs to pay for the data to download those free aps / ringtones / wallpapers... Nothing's free really.
    07-07-08 10:23 AM
    Very good point as always, ag.
    Hopefully the op has unlimited data at the very least!

i bet he is on a pay as you go data plan and have been on CB all day ...

that should be a cheap bill
    07-07-08 02:41 PM
    i bet he is on a pay as you go data plan and have been on CB all day ...

that should be a cheap bill
    Hehehehe....
    07-07-08 02:43 PM
    Hi Fikky and welcome!
    Go to TMo on-line from your computer and register to see what you've got and to manage your account. I'm pretty sure you got a CD with Desk Top Manager with your BB. Install that on your computer and do the tutorial. I'll give it to you straight, if you want to use your BB to it's potential, you're looking at about $90 a month. That'll get you unlimited texts, data[internet] and about a 1000 minutes a month. Calls through TMo @ home [WiFi] are free - there may be more to this option but I haven't used it yet because I live in the country and I'm waiting for the hi speed internet microwave provider to hook me up. My appointment is for next week.

There is a TMo thread on this site that has a lot of good info for you. It really is up to you what you want and can afford. Your BB will do a lot of amazing stuff. Good luck!

07-07-08 03:19 PM
    UMA = calls thru wifi
    H@H = free calls thru wifi (@ $10/mo.)

...thanks for the help from some of you and some of you need to calm down. It seems like if you own a balckberry you turn into a smart ***?...is that for free? because I think I'm learning quick.
    07-08-08 12:33 AM
    Hi Fikky and welcome!
    Go to TMo on-line from your computer and register to see what you've got and to manage your account. I'm pretty sure you got a CD with Desk Top Manager with your BB. Install that on your computer and do the tutorial. I'll give it to you straight, if you want to use your BB to it's potential, you're looking at about $90 a month. That'll get you unlimited texts, data[internet] and about a 1000 minutes a month. Calls through TMo @ home [WiFi] are free - there may be more to this option but I haven't used it yet because I live in the country and I'm waiting for the hi speed internet microwave provider to hook me up. My appointment is for next week.

There is a TMo thread on this site that has a lot of good info for you. It really is up to you what you want and can afford. Your BB will do a lot of amazing stuff. Good luck!

Thank you! I actually went to the t-mobile store today and got that set up.
    07-08-08 12:35 AM
    Hi Fikky,
    Good for you! Remember to install that CD that came with your Curve on your computer. It has a program called DeskTop Manager. This has utilities that will walk you through backing up your BB on the computer. That way you'll be able to restore your unit if anything happens to it's progamming.

There's also a program that allows you to drag and drop music and other media files onto your Curve for entertainment. There is also the tutorial I mentioned. It's pretty good and will teach you a lot about using your machine if you can stay awake through the background elevator music, lol. Speaking of media, make sure you buy and install a media card if you haven't yet. Get at least 1 gb. You can find instructions here at CB or on your BB's help file about how to put all of your media on the card.

You have a lot to learn but it's easy and fun. Make sure you visit the TMo thread here. Just wait until all of your email from all your providers just show up on your machine! It makes things so much easier. Don't worry about the smart alecs, they don't mean any harm and they get nicer after you've been around for a while. I think, ha-ha.

Have fun communicating, and I'll talk to you later,
    Mike

07-08-08 03:29 AM
    ...thanks for the help from some of you and some of you need to calm down. It seems like if you own a balckberry you turn into a smart ***?...is that for free? because I think I'm learning quick.
    I agree with you completely. There are some users that just have that "I own this place" tone about them, always. It's unfortunate, but you just learn to ignore their posts.
    07-08-08 06:55 AM
    What is it for then, jenaywins, why don't we enlight our new friend? Geeze! One word, sandpaper.
    07-08-08 06:57 AM
    Well I would suggest getting the bb minutes and mail plan with t-mobile. With it for $59.99 you get 1000 anytime minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited data, and I don't remember if it includes nights and weekends - I don't think it does though. The only thing it doesn't include is MMS. It is a great bargain for any BB user!

07-08-08 07:44 AM
    It seems like if you own a balckberry you turn into a smart ***?
    Hold the phone there grasshopper, my question was not meant to
    be smartassed. I was just curious as to why a person would buy
    a phone and not know what their plan included. And your initial
    post did not make it at all clear that you did not have a plan yet.
    That you explained a bit later.
    07-08-08 11:13 AM
    why act like freaking einsteins, isnt this forum just for that ... teach the new & not so *HIP* everything and anything ...

some of the response here are totally un called for . if the question (in your mind is not valid ... SIMPLE!!! DO NOT POST! and life does goes on... if this site is taking most of your time than you need new hobbies people.
    01-31-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD