Wifi kills your battery, from what I have seen with my brothers TMO curve and IPHONE. Would love to be able to use my phone in my basement though!! Verizons coverage is awesome for me other than that.
    06-18-09 10:43 AM
    Wifi kills your battery, from what I have seen with my brothers TMO curve and IPHONE. Would live to be able to use my phone in my basement though!! Verizons coverage is awesome for me other than that.
    That is why there is an OFF switch.
    06-18-09 10:44 AM
    I'm in the "don't really care either way" camp when it comes to Wifi on Verizon phones. In So. Cal, the EVDO reception is pretty good, so I always have a nice signal for some quick data speeds. I am not a hardcore data user so maybe that has something to do with it, but with Verizon, I really don't think it's that necessary.

However, on At&t (I currently have an 8900) I definitely NEED Wifi. Having only an EDGE connection, it's imperitive to have Wifi to supplement the slow data speeds. Even 3G on At&t is less than steller since the iPhones have slowed the network down to a crawl during business hours. Basically, on At&t I find it necessary to have Wifi...on Verizon I do not.

I will be switching back to Verizon as soon as the Tour is released...At&t has run it's course in the last year (iPhone 3G, Bold, Curve II)...
    06-18-09 10:59 AM
    Have you not heard of an AEROPLANE?

People simply like to whine. Wi-Fi is a nice feature certainly but it shouldn't be a deal breaker unless you travel a lot in dead zones.
    06-18-09 11:02 AM
    Will I be able to use Skype on the new Tour with out wifi?
    06-18-09 11:07 AM
    I swear that when the first CDMA Blackberry is released with Wifi, I am going to start a complaint thread about the fact that it actually has wifi.
    Do it. LOL, just for laffs.
    06-18-09 12:26 PM
    I believe he's correct. The limit is only enforced for tethering (at least with VZW).

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/faq...e-read-238075/

FAQ #3 and #6
    On #5..... Vzw does NOT limit your data. It is unlimited for the device functions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No read the tos agreement and you will see that there is a 5gb cap on all data plans on VZW even if you are not tethering. It has been pointed out to me several times by vz reps.. Im 99.99999% sure about this. Use orb on your bb for hours everyday and you will see how fast they cut your service off and charge you that ETF for breaking the tos.
    Last edited by treyatl2006; 06-18-09 at 01:10 PM.
    06-18-09 01:01 PM
    No read the tos agreement and you will see that there is a 5gb cap on all data plans on VZW even if you are not tethering. It has been pointed out to me several times by vz reps.. Im 99.99999% sure about this. Use orb on your bb for hours everyday and you will see how fast they cut your service off and charge you that ETF for breaking the tos.
    I have had VZ reps point out the same thing to me as well, however, there really isn't a cap on regular data usage. Yes, they will cut off your phone for doing too much streaming, but that is because streaming media is technically against the TOS. The 5g cap really is only for tethering. The VZ reps on this forum have stated that repeatedly.
    06-18-09 02:11 PM
    It's not a hard cap. However, if you consistently go well over 5GB (e.g. 10GB+ several months in a row), then your account will be flagged and most likely they will figure out that you've been doing something against the TOS, leading to either overage fees, penalty fees, or maybe even throttling back your data speeds (although I'm not sure if they have the capability to do this last one).
    06-18-09 03:06 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD