I've been using Twibble for a while now and it hasn't let me down so far.....lol
    04-02-09 07:47 PM
    waiting on social scope,
    but for now, SMS updates for Miley,
    and when I wanna see others, i go into TinyTwitter.
    Much better than TwitterBerry.
    04-02-09 07:55 PM
    SocialScope is great. Unfortunately it lags while trying to update. It's really annoying to see the hourglass while you're typing a tweet.
    04-02-09 09:06 PM
    i love tweetie on my itouch. i'm not enjoying twitterbery that much in comparison.

is there something similar to tweetie?
    04-03-09 03:21 PM
    i love tweetie on my itouch. i'm not enjoying twitterbery that much in comparison.

is there something similar to tweetie?
    Nothing... Tweetie is by far the best Twitter app out there. For $2.99, it's well worth it.

I don't even install Twitterberry on my berry. I love SocialScope. But if I really want to use Twitter (pc like functions), I use tweetie on my iPhone.
    04-03-09 03:57 PM
    Twitterberry works great for me
    04-03-09 04:58 PM
    as someone that uses twitter a lot for business & personal reasons, i can't stand twitterberry. i would love to get tinytwitter to work but i get "error network exception: tunnel failed" constantly. any insight?
    04-03-09 07:21 PM
    TwitterBerry 0.9.0.4 is actually pretty good now... Can't wait to see 1.0
    04-03-09 10:24 PM
    TwitterBerry 0.9.0.4 is actually pretty good now... Can't wait to see 1.0

Is anyone else having TwitPic issues with the newer TwitterBerry? If I set my connections to TCP like the old one, TwitPic uploads hang at 100% but never actually get sent. If I switch connections to "auto" it completely reboots my phone every time I try to send to TwitPic.

I've reinstalled and tried two different OS's with no change.

Another question: Does TinyTwitter offer TwitPic support? How about alerts for @replies and DM's?
    04-03-09 11:03 PM
    I just installed Twitterberry on my curve... am i supposed to received notifcations like i do with my facebook app?
    04-03-09 11:28 PM
    So, where do you get SocialScope? And is it just for Twitter and Facebook?
    04-03-09 11:38 PM
    Twitterberry is the Best!!1
    04-03-09 11:41 PM
    I personally love twitterberry. Tinytwitter wasnt all that great IMO. And I've heard the same from a few other Crackberry users.
    04-04-09 12:23 AM
    Twitterberry all the way here...

The Beta 4 was better but still needed a little work for me (wayyyyy to slow) but the standard .8 version is just fine for now.
    04-04-09 12:38 AM
    So, where do you get SocialScope? And is it just for Twitter and Facebook?
    SocialScope.net

Also, twitter @socialscope and ask for an invite. They respond rather quickly to any tweets.
    04-04-09 12:43 AM
    Is anyone else having TwitPic issues with the newer TwitterBerry? If I set my connections to TCP like the old one, TwitPic uploads hang at 100% but never actually get sent. If I switch connections to "auto" it completely reboots my phone every time I try to send to TwitPic.

I've reinstalled and tried two different OS's with no change.

Another question: Does TinyTwitter offer TwitPic support? How about alerts for @replies and DM's?
    Haven't tried twitpic with 0.9.0.4 yet... I did get 0.8 to work with the TCP trick though

Like others have said, we need a tweetie-esque app... A full-featured twitter app with a native BB UI
    04-04-09 03:29 AM
    Haven't tried twitpic with 0.9.0.4 yet... I did get 0.8 to work with the TCP trick though
    I had .8 working via TCP as well. Sadly though, if I downgrade TwitterBerry to .8 I loose the notifications (fixed in Beta 4) So for now I have to choose between alerts and twitpic. hmmmm.... tough call!

Like others have said, we need a tweetie-esque app... A full-featured twitter app with a native BB UI
    Couldn't agree more.

My primary concerns for Twitter on my BB are notifications of @replies and DM's (I downloaded a special tweeting bird ring tone - yes, I'm a geek.) and reliable TwitPic support. The only time I really use TwitPic is from my phone. I very, very rarely check friend's timeline when away from my computer.
    04-04-09 12:14 PM
    I just dled twitterberry like 2days ago..... I dont understand the whole twitpic thing... can someone break it down for me ... like how i can upload pics from my curve to twit pic
    04-05-09 08:17 PM
    I just dled twitterberry like 2days ago..... I dont understand the whole twitpic thing... can someone break it down for me ... like how i can upload pics from my curve to twit pic
    You should be able to send pictures by TwitPic via the BB key. Try opening Media>> Pictures, highlighting the photo you want to upload and hitting the BB key.

In the "send as" section of the menu, (near "Send as MMS," "Send To Messenger Contact," etc.) you should see "Send To TwitterBerry."

That will open TwitterBerry with the image you selected as an attatchment. Type in your Tweet and update, you should be good to go - but definitely let us know if you have problems!

EDIT: PS, if you do run into trouble, be sure to let us know what version of TwitterBerry you are using
    04-05-09 08:24 PM
    Thanks, So I am using 0.8 Twitterberry and i dont have that option to upload my pic... theres a 0.9 version right... how do i get that?
    04-05-09 08:39 PM
    after tryn both apps for some time now I have to agree and say that twitter berry is alot better
    tb- faster,you can answer or view any links posted
    tt-takes to long to load up and I couldnt reply fast nor could i see any links that were posted by tweets
    04-05-09 09:20 PM
    The cool thing about TinyTwitter is the "nearby" feature... Although that rarely ever worked, so forget it.
    04-05-09 09:44 PM
    Thanks, So I am using 0.8 Twitterberry and i dont have that option to upload my pic... theres a 0.9 version right... how do i get that?
    I'm pretty sure .8 allowed TwitPic uploads... maybe try opening the picture and doing it from there? I think .9 just made it possible to upload from more locations, where .8 only gave you the option in one spot. Sorry, I know that was kind of vague, plus I could be wrong about TwitPic even being an option in that version.

You should be able to find the latest beta here: TwitterBerry for BlackBerry

be warned though: TwitPic results (for some at least, myself included) are a little spotty. Sometimes the upload will hang at 100% - and upload the photo but not the tweet. I've personally found that if my TwitterBerry connection is set to "Auto" twitpic uploads cause a reset of my device, so make sure you select TCP on the Connections screen. Other times it works perfectly, which is always nice!

There are some other nice improvements with the Beta (entire Tweets show up now so you don't have to open them individually... audio alerts work a lot better than in .8) so overall I think it's worth it. If my tweet doesn't go through on a twitpic upload, I just try it again a few minutes later
    04-05-09 09:48 PM
    I'm pretty sure .8 allowed TwitPic uploads... maybe try opening the picture and doing it from there? I think .9 just made it possible to upload from more locations, where .8 only gave you the option in one spot. Sorry, I know that was kind of vague, plus I could be wrong about TwitPic even being an option in that version.

You should be able to find the latest beta here: TwitterBerry for BlackBerry

be warned though: TwitPic results (for some at least, myself included) are a little spotty. Sometimes the upload will hang at 100% - and upload the photo but not the tweet. I've personally found that if my TwitterBerry connection is set to "Auto" twitpic uploads cause a reset of my device, so make sure you select TCP on the Connections screen. Other times it works perfectly, which is always nice!

There are some other nice improvements with the Beta (entire Tweets show up now so you don't have to open them individually... audio alerts work a lot better than in .8) so overall I think it's worth it. If my tweet doesn't go through on a twitpic upload, I just try it again a few minutes later
    so i uploaded .9 and now i have the option to send to twitterberry but it keeps sayign netowrk failed.... i changed it to TCP tooo (btw what does TCP stand for)
    04-05-09 11:02 PM
    and how do i get it to stop flashing my LED light
    04-05-09 11:08 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD