To all the more tech savvy members out there than myself, I was wondering what the best and easiest way is to transfer files from one memory card to another. I want to make sure I dont lose or screw up any of my pics, themes and bw sets before I venture to try this. My first thought that if I do a backup on DM, then remove the old memory card and replace with the new, then do a restore it would tranfer the files this way? Any feedback or ideas would be great
    09-30-12 09:07 PM
    I've always done it using a computer as an intermediary (just a regular copy-paste), and have never lost any data.
    09-30-12 09:09 PM
    losing data on the micro SD card is definitely a headache. and once in a while my SD card tend to be unreadable and hence the phone asked me to do format. which is crazy knowing that with 6GB of pictures and music on hand, i would definitely NOT format it.
    because of that, i occasionally copy the whole 8GB of SD card into another flash drive AND pc. i do this almost every two or three days.
    and whenever it got corrupted every once in a while, i just format in phone and reinstall all the data back to the SD card.

Sent from my torchy Torch 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-30-12 09:30 PM
    losing data on the micro SD card is definitely a headache. and once in a while my SD card tend to be unreadable and hence the phone asked me to do format. which is crazy knowing that with 6GB of pictures and music on hand, i would definitely NOT format it.
    because of that, i occasionally copy the whole 8GB of SD card into another flash drive AND pc. i do this almost every two or three days.
    and whenever it got corrupted every once in a while, i just format in phone and reinstall all the data back to the SD card.

Sent from my torchy Torch 9800 using Tapatalk
    Yah I don't think that's normal. I've had several sd cards and not once have they been corrupted. I would suggest getting a new one - could be some bad sectors on the one you've got.

To the OP, what raino said - copy to computer first then transfer over to new sd card. Did this awhile ago when I upgraded to a 32 GB.
    09-30-12 10:37 PM
    Yeah, just use your computer.

Save everything from one SD to your computer and copy and paste to the new one.

That way you will at least have a backup of your SD files on your computer.
    10-01-12 12:26 AM
    Hi everytime I try this its says its media protected and
    wont let me paste
    07-10-13 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD