Hey everyone!

So I'm with Telus and I have the Storm which should be unlocked tomorrow. I'm coming to North Carolina in a month for 6 weeks and don't want to use Telus roaming since I'll get raped. I've been looking at different pay as you go providers (as I can live without my blackberry data) and I just need some help.

Like I said I don't need BB data, I just want to be able to text mostly and to Canada if possible. As for talk time, I don't need a lot, really 200 minutes is fine, or if there's a pay by the day and get unlimited incoming or evenings weekends that's perfect.

I've been looking at Virgin mobile and other CDMA providers and they seem really inexpensive for what you get. Some are $19 for the phone and then have pretty good plans. Because my Storm is unlocked though I'd like to use a GSM sim.

I checked T-Mobile and AT&T's websites, both are pretty uninformative. With Rogers/Fido up here most have options to add extra features on or pay $1 a day and get what I want but the plans I've seen there seem not that great.

Is there anything anyone can recommend that is good, or should I just ditch the storm and deal with Virgin's throw away phones, since the rates really are much better...

Just as a breakdown:

Virgin: $20 a month 200 any time minutes or $30 for 400, $10 is 1000 text messages. Has options like $5 for 5mb data and so on.

AT&T: $29.99 a month for 200 any time minutes, or $39 for 300 any time and 500 nights, $10 for 1000 text messages

T-Mobile: Seems to be the worst $1 a day 10 cents a minute so really 10 mins a day?? no mention of adding text messaging or any other types of plans. Is their site just bad or are their plans really this bad?
    03-25-09 10:43 AM
    My friend has his storm unlocked and has a ATT prepaid sim card in it and works great when he doesn't use his verizon account. Check the coverage map to see if they have good service in the area that you will be in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 10:53 AM
    I'm thinking it looks like AT&T will be the way to go. It's really more just for text messaging the odd time, or the odd local call. I have skype and a USB skype phone so I'd just use that to call back home and what not.
    03-25-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD