I'm just trying to find out what's the best internet to use on the bold 9700. I have bolt installed to view secure pages but it takes to long when in putting user names and passwords in any help please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 03:34 AM
    i use the regular internet browser, set as Blackberry. i never use the emulators. Opera and Bolt are only for specific brower needs. the only person that can answer this question is you. use each one and find out what works best for the sites you browse.
    08-26-10 04:00 AM
    i dont get the question... my assumption is that the plug_plug is talking about browser emulation in bolt.

i use ie for emulation in bolt. as ie is still the most widely used browser and most of the websites are built keeping that in mind.
    08-26-10 04:07 AM
    I don't bother with changing the emulation unless a website acts up. Other than that, I have two computers at home, one I could take with me to any wi-fi hotspot to use anywhere. Both run Ubuntu as the primary, most-used OS, GRUB handles everything else, firefox is most used, chrome in second place and IE is *never* used due to malware falling in love with it LOL

PS. Desktop of mine (in sig) triboots.

08-26-10 05:02 AM
    fyi, cant see your sig Rootbrian since you posted from wap.
    08-26-10 08:07 AM
    When I first read this, I was like lolwut.

BlackBerry will redirect you to the mobile site most of the time.
    Firefox/Internet Explorer wont.
    Internet explorer shows a warning.. so I'd go with Firefox if you want to load the full site.
    08-26-10 07:00 PM
    To be honest i really don't see the problem with the default BB Browser, Sure it's not Webkit based or anything but unless you're trying to view pages built specifically in HTML5 and CSS3 (And there's very few, And will continue to be very few for a few more years) you won't be able to tell the difference, Besides, HTML5 and CSS3 aren't even fully supported standards yet, You build a site in CSS3 and go validate it over at W3Schools they'll shoot you in the face for being such a rebel.

Most of the time you'll get a link for the full or mobile version of the site anyway, It usually doesn't matter even what handset you're browsing off, If you're browsing on a mobile, You'll more often than not get the mobile version.
    08-26-10 07:09 PM
    So the option for ie or firefox are emulators that just make the website you are accessing think you aren't on a mobile device? I have played with them but don't see a difference that I noticed on my end in terms of how they function. They don't have a different interface like using Bolt or Opera Mini would then.

I'll piggyback one more q onto here -- When would I use the HotSpot Browser option? Is this supposed to be selected when I'm using Wi-fi everytime?

Thanks, if there is a thread going that answers all this somewhere, feel free to redirect me there.

09-19-10 12:43 AM
    The best, I say, is BlackBerry. RIM warns you about IE, and Firefox doesn't really do anything but to prevent me from going to mobile site (sometimes mobile sites act up while full do not).

Also, hotspot browser can only be used if you're on Wi-Fi, so that should answer your question

09-19-10 01:05 AM
    Yeah, I just keep the BlackBerry option and I use Opera Mini sometimes too.

09-19-10 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD