What's the best multi messaging system? Also, that you can check AIM away messages on, since you can't get them on the AIM app. I have the verizon curve
    01-09-09 09:18 PM
    I believe it is Jivetalk or Beejive? Someone correct me if i am wrong...
    01-09-09 09:20 PM
    I believe it is Jivetalk or Beejive? Someone correct me if i am wrong...
    It's an opinion based question. There is no correct answer.
    01-09-09 10:27 PM
    It's an opinion based question. There is no correct answer.
    He was talking about the away messages I believe, I don't use aim so I wouldn't know
    01-09-09 11:00 PM
    I use Beejive IM and it's awesome. I message with MSN and AIM.

As for checking away messages you can see them pop-up when you highlight someone's name however if it's too long, you won't be able to read the whole thing.

You can bring up their info separately though and read it there.

It's not a free app but I think it's well worth the price.
    01-09-09 11:27 PM
    I just use Yahoo, it's where all my friends are.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 11:34 PM
    Ok so I have 2 web sites gtalk, yahoo and 2 hotmail messenger accounts what is the best program so that I can login to all the accounts at once and chat on all of them with one program instead of login in and logout to see who is online with each of them

01-11-09 04:38 PM
    My opinionated answer is get BeeJive. Well worth the money.

01-11-09 07:08 PM
    I use the free instango, it is great
    01-11-09 08:00 PM
    Instango!!!!! And they have a storm version.
    01-11-09 08:02 PM
    Ebuddy. Its free, supports AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ and even supports Facebook messenger.

01-11-09 08:12 PM
    I have Instango 2.0 for my BlackBerry Bold. It's the best all in one IM for the blackberry so far
    get.instango.com
    01-11-09 08:14 PM
    I have yet to find a definitive answer to whether IMs sent via Instango count as data or as SMS text messages. Searching just turns up arguments both ways. I can vouch for BeeJive messages going over my data plan. Since I don't have unlimited texting that's a big deal to me.

01-11-09 08:20 PM
    I use jivetalk for my IM apps-both yahoo and aim, I believe that u can view ur contacts away mess. But as someone else said if they r too long u can't read the whole thing. As for messages u receive when ur away they would still read like a convo.

01-11-09 09:38 PM
    For what it's worth I just received assurances from the Instango developer that all IMs are sent as data, not SMS/MMS, so those of us without huge texting plans could use it fearlessly. Enjoy!
    01-12-09 12:50 PM
    All the IM applications are data now...
    01-12-09 12:53 PM
    All the IM applications are data now...
    No one sent me the memo. Last I had heard, some months back, was a firm insistence from a poster who said it used SMS. Just now the developer told me of their "SMS" feature that can send SMS to external destinations and which apparently confused people enough he took pains to mention it to me. Hopefully others' misinformation can be laid to rest as mine was today.
    01-12-09 12:57 PM
    There was a few that would count as SMS, that is no longer. It was a big topic of discussion here awhile back...
    01-12-09 12:58 PM
    See? This place teaches me something every day!
    01-12-09 12:59 PM
    Wow you guys are awesome! Thanks so much for the info. This is my first data phone and on my last cell phone VZW did tell me that they charged SMS fees to AIM messages. I was hoping to find a data oriented messenger service. I'll be installing this ASAP. Glad I found these forums!
    01-12-09 01:13 PM
    Have a look here http://forums.crackberry.com/f136/20...on-app-129391/ this poll only closed last night.
    01-12-09 01:15 PM
    Instango user here, its free, it works, I have no reason to try anything else
    01-12-09 01:33 PM
    Well, I bought BeeJive, before I knew the scoop on Instango; but, I was too cheap to buy the portable version so if ever I upgrade to, say, a Bold, I'd have to buy it again. Looks like I have a good alternative.
    01-12-09 01:36 PM
    Is. Insatngo free?

01-12-09 05:09 PM
    I got tired of dealing with AIM through Blackberry never loading my buddy lists, so I downloaded the free trial of BeeJive earlier today... Its awesome!! Im a big AIM & Yahoo user so its perfect... The only thing is that I cant see my icon on Yahoo, but I could see my friends icons... Im pretty sure Ill end up purchasing it when my trial is up...

Would anyone happen to know how to get my icon to show up on Yahoo through BeeJive?
    01-12-09 08:43 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD