I would only download an os upgrade via my carrier (us cell) so in this case, I would not have to delete the vendor files...

In case I miss a step or so, make a mistake, what would be the worst thing that can happen? Please don't say the 5 letter word> B R I C K
    01-31-09 11:14 AM
    If you follow the instructions and best practices to the letter, you
    should be fine.

If you don't you will end up with a corrupted and non functioning
    Operating System that renders your phone a mere paperweight,
    in other words a B R I C K
    01-31-09 11:24 AM
    But you if you do get a BrickBerry, you can find plenty of members who will get you running again. In fact I would read this thread:http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/blac...kberry-145916/
    01-31-09 11:29 AM
    If you follow the instructions and best practices to the letter, you
    should be fine.

If you don't you will end up with a corrupted and non functioning
    Operating System that renders your phone a mere paperweight,
    in other words a B R I C K
    If in the case I did, could it bring back to the store and have them do it or am I on my own?
    01-31-09 11:32 AM
    If in the case I did, could it bring back to the store and have them do it or am I on my own?
    You are completely on your own. Stores do not fix/install/upgrade OS's
    01-31-09 11:46 AM
    Luckily, the process is quite simple, and as long as your not in a rush when doing it, it 9 out of 10 times goes smoothly.

And deleting the file is ultra easy, but still with the us cell os to keep your warranty in tact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 12:10 PM
    My 15 year old brother in law upgrades his OS on his curve all the time. You should be fine!
    01-31-09 12:24 PM
    Check out CrackMem:http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

It was designed to doing OS upgrades. One of the features it that you can delete Vendor.xml with the click of a button.
    01-31-09 01:19 PM
    The worst thing that can happen during an OS upgrade is a nuclear accident at any one of North America's state of the art power generating facilities.
    That, or you phrig up your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 12:55 AM
    You could totally brick your phone and then that would be one impressive paperweight! But it's very simple to update an OS if you take your time.
    02-01-09 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD