Does anybody know how much is the z30 in the UK? My carrier is dropping BlackBerry for obvious reasons and I think no Philippine carrier will carry it anymore. They told me that they still have tons of z10 and q10 in their inventory.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 10:04 AM
    This is serious, the rate at which carriers drop blackberry is alarming. Hope blackberry can come out of this. Just thinking!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 02:03 PM
    I just purchased a z30 direct from Blackberry for $500. My q10 cost about $350 through an ebay auction, and my two z10s cost $165 to $180, also through ebay. The quality of Blackberry hardware & software can not be matched, IMO.
    05-31-14 04:54 PM
    I highly doubt they have tons of devices, if that was the case why have they been saying to prospective customers that they have no stock? Why not push them out even as a pay as you go plan? Anyway back to your question the Z30 can be bought for around 500 USD which is an excellent price for the BEST device on the market. If you can get one it would be worth it.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 06:26 PM
    In the UK? You can get it from Carphone Warehouse unlocked onto any carrier, you'll likely have to order it as it's only stocked in a few stores

Check Out TechCraze
    05-31-14 06:36 PM
    The market dictates whether a product is priced right or not. I would say it's priced too high.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-01-14 07:43 AM
    The market dictates whether a product is priced right or not. I would say it's priced too high.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    The market can be influenced, by marketing

Check Out TechCraze
    06-01-14 07:44 AM
    The market can be influenced, by marketing

Check Out TechCraze
    Not totally.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-01-14 07:46 AM
    Not totally.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I didn't say totally but thanks for the clarification

Check Out TechCraze
    06-01-14 07:48 AM
    I didn't say totally but thanks for the clarification

Check Out TechCraze
    It's just that people have been using marketing as an excuse for poor sales since BB10 came out. The whole world knows it exists now. If it was competitively priced it would sell better. Not as well as the big boys, but better.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-01-14 07:52 AM
    The fact is national security agencies around the world like NSA will not allow their average citizens to use BlackBerry. This is such an obvious fact it needs no explanation. BlackBerry will be a phone Only for the elite and the elites business interests (enterprise, governments etc). The average Joe will not have the privilege of security and privacy that BlackBerry offers.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    06-01-14 08:03 AM
    It's just that people have been using marketing as an excuse for poor sales since BB10 came out. The whole world knows it exists now. If it was competitively priced it would sell better. Not as well as the big boys, but better.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Of course, and if it was 1p sales would be through the roof, but brand image and brand value would be through the floor..

There's a happy balance to be reached, value to the brand -> higher market equilibrium.. , being 'competitively priced' is not a long term market strategy that's desirably to markets outside of an oligopoly were (in theory) price doesn't change..

Think of all the 'best' products in any industry, how many of them are 'competitively priced'? I put that in brackets because for me Blackberry's devices are competitively priced because they surpass the value of iphones at a lower price, but that value haven't been communicated to the end customer so they aren't willing to pay the price, because they don't know why they should..

I'll stop here since this is not the thread for it, I agree marketing isn't the only failure of BlackBerry, there are organisational failures too but it would go a long way...

Even now if you see what they are doing im.yhe enterprise space, it is working, and it's targeted marketing that's making it work, all these BlackBerry Experience events that's what they're for, showing how valuable BlackBerry is to enterprise customers and why it's worth parting with the cash.

Ok I'll stop here.. for real lol

Check Out TechCraze
    06-01-14 08:06 AM
    The fact is national security agencies around the world like NSA will not allow their average citizens to use BlackBerry. This is such an obvious fact it needs no explanation. BlackBerry will be a phone Only for the elite and the elites business interests (enterprise, governments etc). The average Joe will not have the privilege of security and privacy that BlackBerry offers.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that's the reason. Not!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-01-14 08:12 AM
    What is Z30 Pricing in the UK?-marketingspending.jpg

It's OK... I'm also guilty of buying inferior products I didn't need because of fancy emotionally-resonating ads (damn them all!)

The "whole world" might know *of* BB10 devices, but they don't really know much *about* them.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    06-01-14 08:18 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MarketingSpending.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	275173

It's OK... I'm also guilty of buying inferior products I didn't need because of fancy emotionally-resonating ads (damn them all!)

The "whole world" might know *of* BB10 devices, but they don't really know much *about* them.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is "inferior" is a subjective term.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-01-14 08:20 AM
    The problem is "inferior" is a subjective term.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    But can be used to describe a widely accepted view

E.g. 1p is inferior to �1 / 1 cent to $1

Check Out TechCraze
    06-01-14 08:28 AM
    But can be used to describe a widely accepted view

E.g. 1p is inferior to �1 / 1 cent to $1

Check Out TechCraze
    You believe what you want but the fact remains it's overpriced (the reason I don't have one). Excuses won't change that. I waited until I found a used Q10 for around $200 before I bit. I got a brand new Nexus 5 for $250. Both better deals.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-01-14 08:48 AM
    Amazon.com BlackBerry Z30 Smartphone Unlocked Import

Price: $429.99 & FREE Shipping

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Z30 Smartphone Unlocked Import: Cell Phones & Accessories
    06-01-14 08:54 AM
    It's true that marketing does help.....proof is in the pudding. However, the value of the z30 is getting around. in my area, I am actually very surprised at how many people are using BB10 now and the z30.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 08:55 AM
    You believe what you want but the fact remains it's overpriced (the reason I don't have one). Excuses won't change that. I waited until I found a used Q10 for around $200 before I bit. I got a brand new Nexus 5 for $250. Both better deals.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    That's good for you..but not everyone is you, it's overpriced for you! Otherwise porshe design wouldn't sell at all.. there's a difference between an excuse and an explanation..

There will always manufacturers who can make things cheaper especially in the developing markets (China, India) where they're owning economies of scale..

If BlackBerry just use price then for reasons I've explained before it won't work.. price was what sold a lot of legacy devices, and it's probably the main reason why so many still sell, but it will get to the point where even that's not worth it.

In the short term you can reduce price.. in the long term isn't it better to add value to the brand? From a consumer perspective you may want things as cheap as they gets, but from a business perspective they want to sell at the highest price where people are willing and able to buy so they can cover the costs of making the device and make a profit.. If they can convince people to pay more, then why not, especially now when even apple is struggling to keep its profit margins, BlackBerry shouldn't reduce itself to trying to be the cheap option because there are loads of cheap alternatives. Instead convince people why BlackBerry is worth paying the extra price.. the general populace. Not individual who will always want things cheaper regardless

Check Out TechCraze
    06-01-14 09:00 AM
    That's good for you..but not everyone is you, it's overpriced for you! Otherwise porshe design wouldn't sell at all.. there's a difference between an excuse and an explanation..

There will always manufacturers who can make things cheaper especially in the developing markets (China, India) where they're owning economies of scale..

If BlackBerry just use price then for reasons I've explained before it won't work.. price was what sold a lot of legacy devices, and it's probably the main reason why so many still sell, but it will get to the point where even that's not worth it.

In the short term you can reduce price.. in the long term isn't it better to add value to the brand? From a consumer perspective you may want things as cheap as they gets, but from a business perspective they want to sell at the highest price where people are willing and able to buy so they can cover the costs of making the device and make a profit.. If they can convince people to pay more, then why not, especially now when even apple is struggling to keep its profit margins, BlackBerry shouldn't reduce itself to trying to be the cheap option because there are loads of cheap alternatives. Instead convince people why BlackBerry is worth paying the extra price.. the general populace. Not individual who will always want things cheaper regardless

Check Out TechCraze
    Sure that is the goal, but it's not working. Apple can sell at a higher price because they have built brand loyalty, Blackberry has not. I don't really care because it doesn't affect me at all. I have plenty of choices and at a lower price point. The Z30 is not better than them so it just amazes me it is so expensive. I'm just saying if it was more affordable myself and others would try it.

If they are building a nitch market then so be it. They don't need to advertise to the public then.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-01-14 09:16 AM
    Sure that is the goal, but it's not working. Apple can sell at a higher price because they have built brand loyalty, Blackberry has not. I don't really care because it doesn't affect me at all. I have plenty of choices and at a lower price point. The Z30 is not better than them so it just amazes me it is so expensive. I'm just saying if it was more affordable myself and others would try it.

If they are building a nitch market then so be it. They don't need to advertise to the public then.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    they haven't communicated the value to the end user, they haven't even properly tried, this site is full of ideas that they could use that would help build value but for now they are working on being profitable so they can (I hope that's the plan anyway) have the money to launch big campaigns on the consumer side.. and even niche firms need to advertise.. just not as much and it's more inbound makerting as opposed to outbound)

And the Z30 being better is so subjective, don't use your view and put it as a general consensus

Check Out TechCraze
    06-01-14 09:27 AM
    they haven't communicated the value to the end user, they haven't even properly tried, this site is full of ideas that they could use that would help build value but for now they are working on being profitable so they can (I hope that's the plan anyway) have the money to launch big campaigns on the consumer side.. and even niche firms need to advertise.. just not as much and it's more inbound makerting as opposed to outbound)

And the Z30 being better is so subjective, don't use your view and put it as a general consensus you can if you want to, but your point will just lose weighting

Check Out TechCraze

Check Out TechCraze
    06-01-14 09:28 AM