I would imagine that there is a thread similar to this somewhere, but I could not find a recent one. If I missed it, I apologize. I have used and continue to play around with a lot of different phones. I just enjoy technology and checking out different devices has become a hobby. I have some that I like more than others for sure. I was just reviewing the devices that I have used over the last couple years to see which ones really helped me the most when it come to work. At the end of the day that is what matters most to me. I am a CPA and communication and security are at the forefront of everything I do. Of course, all of the operating systems are capable of calls, texting, email and social media communication. So the question is, which ones did those things best?

I can say that of all the devices that I have used in the last couple years, the ones that have been most useful to me are from three different OS's and for three different reasons. In no particular order, my three are:

iPhone 6 Plus - The best thing about the iPhone is that a lot of my clients use iPhone and I did use iMessage and FaceTime for communication. The apps are also nice, but there isn't anything I get there that makes my job easier than using another platform. That is really it for iPhone. Not a fan of the way to many other things are done on iOS.

Note 4 - I really like the Note line of phones. The S-Pen can prove useful and I am always able to get the phone set up in a way that makes it pretty efficient to use. I can't say that it does anything better than the others though outside of that S-Pen. I can do all that major functions that I need to do, but none really stand out as better. I like that I can access my files so that is better than iOS, but BB10 is great in this regard as well. Android does provide flexibility, but with that you lose the fluidity of iOS or BB10.

Blackberry Q10 - To me, this is the most overlooked phone of the last few years. It doesn't have the big screen and getting the "popular" apps isn't easy and even then they probably don't look as good due to the screen size and shape. However, as a communication device, the Q10 is tough to beat. The keyboard is great and my experience with BB10 was very fluid and effective. I just bought another one off Ebay that will be here on Monday or Tuesday. I am looking forward to trying 10.3.2 and experience the improvements that I have been seeing and reading about.

For the last 2 years I have had one main phone and then a second that I use. I always have a Blackberry on one line for typing out emails when needed. Right now it's a 9930 and a 2014 Moto X which is another great phone in my opinion. In my opinion, better than the "flagship" phones that everyone loves so much. When the Q10 arrives it will go on my main line and I am considering a Note 4 or 6 Plus for the other line. Leaning towards the Note 4 due to flexibility and price.

All that being said, I would be interested to hear what others do and what devices (phones and/or tablets) are used to get your work done.
    08-02-15 03:34 PM
    Z30 for this.

Z30 for that.

Z30 for the other.

Any more questions?

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2582 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    RD9700, FF22, mbangoza and 1 others like this.
    08-02-15 04:23 PM
    Z30 for this.

Z30 for that.

Z30 for the other.

Any more questions?

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2582 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    Nope. Thanks for playing.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    08-02-15 04:38 PM
    Real Estate Broker only use a Passport!

Previous Phone - Q10

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    cwbcpa and John Villareal like this.
    08-02-15 04:45 PM
    Construction Surveyor. Use a passport.

As for Imessage. Try to get people to use Whatsapp or BBM. They are truly cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    cwbcpa, John Villareal and Nave864 like this.
    08-02-15 05:29 PM
    Philosophy professor. I do switch phones from time to time, also as a kind of hobby, but the Passport is my "main" phone, and in many ways the best phone I've ever used.

I do a lot of email, but also a lot of extended note-taking. I read Kindle books, for which the Passport screen is superb (although the latest Kindle update no longer recognizes the space bar for turning pages, unfortunately). I use the calendar extensively, and some editing of documents on OneDrive. My family uses WhatsApp to communicate.

I can and do get everything done on my OnePlus One as well, but I do enjoy the Passport and prefer it in general.
    08-02-15 05:41 PM
    Construction Surveyor. Use a passport.

As for Imessage. Try to get people to use Whatsapp or BBM. They are truly cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    It's funny, when you mention bbm people get all nostalgic just like they do when they see a blackberry. I have been able to get a few to try it though. Getting people to use it all the time is tough though. I don't know anyone that uses Whatsapp at all either. Everyone uses the stock messenger app for both iOS and Android.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    08-02-15 05:41 PM
    Real Estate Broker only use a Passport!

Previous Phone - Q10

Do you use the MLS apps?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 05:44 PM
    I am a secretary and I also work at a day care. I love my classic because I can type up dozens of emails all day long without any problems. I love the calendar it helps me keep up with on going jobs and appointments (unlike samsung's calendar) I work at the day care 8 hours a day and work into the night as a secretary so battery can keep up! I don't have another phone. Don't think I'll need one!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 05:50 PM
    I use a android tablet for games and videos. I use a kindle paperwhite for reading during the 3 hour nap time at day care.
    cwbcpa, nglfmark and xeluj like this.
    08-02-15 05:51 PM
    Shop Assistant / Painting and Decorator using a z30
    08-02-15 06:03 PM
    Research Scientist in biochemistry and professor. Classic is my phone of choice, and I have been with blackberry since 1999.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 06:05 PM
    Do you use the MLS apps?

Posted via CB10
    Yes but mainly my local board MLS as I pay for it

08-02-15 06:09 PM
    I'm a bit of a nomad and I love the most recent phone I get. Then I get tired of it and move to something else. And I love it of course. The cycle repeats.

iPhone - had the 6 plus. Nice phone. Very easy on the eyes. Love the display, and I'm considering the display a very important feature. But it's for consumption.

Android - for hacking around. It's very customizable. Not very secure though. A bit like the wild west.

Blackberry - for production. The hub makes it all worthwhile. It makes all communications equal. And the flow is awesome. They really put some thought in the flow of the device.

I use a Z30 now. I wish they would come out with a new Z30 like device. A little faster, better camera, and better screen.

But, like I said. I just got it and love it. So I'm wondering if I'll ever leave and I'm afraid I know the answer.
    cwbcpa and jotajoh like this.
    08-02-15 06:37 PM
    Yes but mainly my local board MLS as I pay for it

How do you use MLS on your BlackBerry? When I try to use it, the Google play services message pops up and it doesn't go anywhere. I tried MLS Miami by the way and I'm using a 10.3.2 Z30.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 06:57 PM
    I am an IT professional for a Bank I am BlackBerry all the way currently on Z30

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 07:22 PM
    Paramedic, z30 and that's it

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 07:57 PM
    I practice land surveying and specialize in property matters. I switch between the Passport & Classic. I've used the Sony Xperias, Moto X & G, Samsung Note, Apple 6 & 6 plus, and the Nexus'. Their all capable devices, but the Blackberry is the most comfortable and efficient device for me.
    Gatmyer, cwbcpa and John Villareal like this.
    08-02-15 08:44 PM
    Manufacturing sales. Really enjoy using a Classic.

 Classic
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-02-15 10:27 PM
    Software Architect, can't imagine any other phone except my Z30.

Posted using Z30 on 10.3.2.2339
    cwbcpa and madh263362 like this.
    08-02-15 10:36 PM
    Certified translator and interpreter. Currently, I am using a Z30. I also have a Classic, so I switch between them every now and then. Have been using BlackBerry since 2009. Never used anything else since then.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-02-15 10:36 PM
    I study Mathematical Engineering. I only use the Z30 because it has all I need, emails, I can see the exercises guides, arrange my schedule in the calendar. etc.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-02-15 10:45 PM
    I am a consultant(electric lighting industry) I use BBRY Q10 which is great I believe and old school nokia
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-02-15 11:02 PM
    I’m a Probation Officer and the Z30 suits my needs. Paratek antenna coupled with Verizon’s coverage keeps me connected wherever my job takes me.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-02-15 11:06 PM
    Network Engineer, Z30 is my personal device of choice. I have a work-issued iPhone 5, but I only really use it (obviously to CHECK work emails, but check them only; and to make work-related calls.) Unless the sky is falling, I wait until I'm at my desk to respond to emails.

The Z30 excels at everything I want/need it for.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 11:10 PM
233 123 ...