What are your predictions for the "6 BB10 Devices in 2013"?
I think we're all wondering what devices Mr. Boulben had in mind when he said they were hoping to launch 6 BB10 devices in 2013. Let's take a crack at guessing, in order of release
3. "Curve" - I'm a little uncertain as to the best timing for an entry level BB10 phone... BB10 needs to come out of the gate with higher margin phones, but cannot neglect emerging markets/entry level consumers.
4. "Torch" - people will ***** when crazy new chipsets like those revealed at CES come out when the Z10 they bought in February is running "dated" hardware. A Q3 release could address the "Torch" market and provide a spec bump at the same time.
... after this, I'm just reaching...
5. "Aristo" - phablet type with bitchin' hardware. Might be a tough sell if launched around "Samsung Note 3" time Sept/Oct, but it would bring out the full-touch BB people that want a big-*** screen.
6. "PlayBook 2" - BB10 will need to be an overwhelming success if RIM is to even consider making a new PlayBook (LTE version notwithstanding). I just don't see it happening. I really like the PlayBook, but it was a commercial failure - something RIM can't afford to have happen during its recovery.
- 01-09-2013, 05:10 PM #2
I hope you're right...
Hopefully this is NOT the same marketing crap RIM has done before, for instance:
1. Bold 9900
2. Bold 9930
3. Curve 9300
4. Curve 9330
5. Torch 9850
6. Torch 9860
Same phone, different cellular radios... But launching 6 phones!!!!1!111!!1!
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-09-2013, 05:26 PM #3
- 305 Posts
- the tail on the donkey....
More than likely the 6 BB10 devices will be of the following:
Then again, they could simply consider the GSM and CDMA versions of the Z10 and X10 as being "two different devices"......
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-09-2013, 07:19 PM #4
- 152 Posts
They've already said they are launching three versions of both the touchscreen and physical , the 'six devices' thing isn't news.
X10 with 16GB, X10 with 32GB, X10 with 64GB
Z10 with 16GB, Z10 with 32GB, Z10 with 64GB.
Low end, middle, high end.
- 01-09-2013, 09:19 PM #5
I'm hoping for a slider, but more likely it will be:
Full touch screen, one high end and one low price
Qwerty device, high end and low price
7" tablet and 10" tablet.all smartphones are tools.
android = 48pc tool set (you"ll eventually find the tool you need, but some assembly required)
iphone = swiss army knife (most of the tools you need in a small, simple to use package)
blackberry = adjustable wrench (sometimes all you need is a wrench)
windows phone = bionic wrench (its different....but it works)
- By eelnoj in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 24Last Post: 07-29-2012, 11:08 PM
- By maran22 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 03-28-2012, 01:40 PM
- By maran22 in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 3Last Post: 03-28-2012, 01:40 PM
- By rightcoastsurf in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 7Last Post: 11-27-2008, 07:21 AM
- By trebb in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 07-21-2008, 03:56 AM