Yes, but am I the only one who thinks that it's kind of pathetic for BlackBerry to release ANOTHER phone with an older generation chipset? By the time the Ontario is released, the 800 will be VERY old....they'll be behind the competition again.
    Well, the Ontario series was finalized way back in September, so we're assuming they're on newer and better hardware already. Ontario is just the best hardware that we know they have in some form already.

Second, Chen may or may not have canceled it (you never know with that guy...), so someone might pick one up in a box of cables during a fire sale.
    05-05-14 11:05 AM
    Yes, but am I the only one who thinks that it's kind of pathetic for BlackBerry to release ANOTHER phone with an older generation chipset? By the time the Ontario is released, the 800 will be VERY old....they'll be behind the competition again.
    If the software works very well with the hardware it doesn't really matter if the chip set is old, the key thing is to make sure the future updates align properly with the hardware and the device should run nice and smooth with no problems.
    05-05-14 11:06 AM
    If the software works very well with the hardware it doesn't really matter if the chip set is old, the key thing is to make sure the future updates align properly with the hardware and the device should run nice and smooth with no problems.
    But newest chips sell, even if they don't really help.
    pantlesspenguin and ajst222 like this.
    05-05-14 11:15 AM
    But newest chips sell, even if they don't really help.
    Yes and no, yes for the people who think specs make and break phones no because if the reason why they used that chip set is explained properly and how it works hand in hand with the software then the consumer has a much more informed mindset on the hardware/software side of the device.
    05-05-14 11:21 AM
    I do find it pretty amusing that a common sentiment on CB is that cutting-edge specs don't necessarily make a device good, but when asked "What is your perfect device?" many people are replying with specs they'd like to have.
    kbz1960, Berry_Pink and ajst222 like this.
    05-05-14 11:49 AM
    I do find it pretty amusing that a common sentiment on CB is that cutting-edge specs don't necessarily make a device good, but when asked "What is your perfect device?" many people are replying with specs they'd like to have.
    It's because these dream devices all have BB10 on them, that's why.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    05-05-14 11:58 AM
    6" to replace the Playbook - need screen size.

I do want the "hottest specied phone". Does the OS require it - no, but I still want it. I do not want to get out 2yrs and be running out of processing power.

I drive 2 BMW's. Can I take and run them at their full potential? No - not unless I go to the track or risk a ticket. But I still enjoy driving them knowing what they can do, not what I require out to them.

The same goes for a phone or for that matter - anything I own.

By the way - a side note - you might think that I must be up to my eye balls in debt. Nope - I live mostly debt free, by saving well. I work very hard for my money and demand quality in my equipment - the reason for originally going to BB.

Now I am beginning to consider jumping ship to Sailfish or Utunbu. Will see this fall.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-05-14 12:00 PM
    The way I see it having a quad core chip will future proof the device, yeah it'll make it a little snappier but for the average user they won't really see the difference. I have android devices as well (galaxy s3, s4, and note 2) all on At&t and to be honest I don't see that much of a difference as performance goes between those 3 devices. Now I deal with all types of devices on a daily basis because for one I sell them, so again my reason for asking the question I asked was to see what people think is their absolute perfect device. So if they want a quad core chip go for it lol, I'm not knocking anybody for wanting the specs they want I just simply voiced my opinion on having the latest and greatest chip set as did a few others. Now ask me if I'm happy with the blackberry devices I'm using (z10,q10) I will say yes with no hesitation and use those as my daily drivers for both work and personal. Me personally I have always thought blackberry had a perfect balance between software and hardware yeah for others I'm sure they would like to see blackberry devices run better hardware and there is nothing wrong with that.
    pantlesspenguin and kbz1960 like this.
    05-05-14 12:13 PM
    The way I see it having a quad core chip will future proof the device, yeah it'll make it a little snappier but for the average user they won't really see the difference. I have android devices as well (galaxy s3, s4, and note 2) all on At&t and to be honest I don't see that much of a difference as performance goes between those 3 devices. Now I deal with all types of devices on a daily basis because for one I sell them, so again my reason for asking the question I asked was to see what people think is their absolute perfect device. So if they want a quad core chip go for it lol, I'm not knocking anybody for wanting the specs they want I just simply voiced my opinion on having the latest and greatest chip set as did a few others. Now ask me if I'm happy with the blackberry devices I'm using (z10,q10) I will say yes with no hesitation and use those as my daily drivers for both work and personal. Me personally I have always thought blackberry had a perfect balance between software and hardware yeah for others I'm sure they would like to see blackberry devices run better hardware and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Oh I completely agree with you! There's definitely nothing wrong with wanting BB devices to run on better hardware. I'd love that as well so I'm definitely not knocking anyone who'd like to see it too. I only read a couple replies to the thread before adding my own. When I went back it was just interesting to see that nearly everyone was stating what specs that they'd like to see before/instead of features. When I read the question my mind went to what it would look like and what all it could do, not necessarily the exact specs of the processor, ram, camera, etc.
    elliott436 and kbz1960 like this.
    05-05-14 12:23 PM
    Oh I completely agree with you! There's definitely nothing wrong with wanting BB devices to run on better hardware. I'd love that as well so I'm definitely not knocking anyone who'd like to see it too. I only read a couple replies to the thread before adding my own. When I went back it was just interesting to see that nearly everyone was stating what specs that they'd like to see before/instead of features. When I read the question my mind went to what it would look like and what all it could do, not necessarily the exact specs of the processor, ram, camera, etc.
    The other factor that comes into play is how and what you do with that device! But honestly there are other devices that were awesome that were overlooked because of the "specs" moto x, nexus,s3/s4 mini! Those were awesome phones in my opinion but because of the "specs" not being out of this world people shrugged their shoulders and past on it for something else.
    05-05-14 12:29 PM
    5" full touch screen, 1080x1920 AMOLED display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, 3GB RAM (maybe 4), 32GB internal (plus microSD), big huge battery (Z30 size or larger) and no damn belt.

Everything except the full touch for me, give me all the other specs but plus a nice BlackBerry QWERTY on the bottom of it!!
    05-05-14 01:43 PM
    A Moto X with a 5.0-5.5" screen would be as close to perfect as I could imagine for a phone. I'd still need my Note Pro tablet, though.
    05-05-14 02:03 PM
    The Z10.
    05-05-14 02:14 PM
    A Moto X with a 5.0-5.5" screen would be as close to perfect as I could imagine for a phone. I'd still need my Note Pro tablet, though.
    Moto x is very nice device!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 02:21 PM
    I'd love to get a Moto X just for the customized colors! I play around with the Moto X maker occasionally and have come so close to hitting the trigger a few times, but I really don't need another device.
    05-05-14 02:27 PM
    yeahhhhhh and it Blackberry!!
    05-05-14 02:44 PM
    I'd love to get a Moto X just for the customized colors! I play around with the Moto X maker occasionally and have come so close to hitting the trigger a few times, but I really don't need another device.
    Yeah same here it's so damn tempting! It's hard to control my device urges!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 02:49 PM
    BlackBerry rules!!
    What is your perfect device?-blackberryking.jpg.cf.jpg

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-05-14 02:53 PM
    I agree that the Xperia Z2 is beautiful, but I had the Xperia Z for a few months and it wasn't very ergonomic to hold. The squared edges dug into my palms. For a device that size I prefer rounded edges. The BB Z10 is easy to hold even with the squared edges because it's a lot smaller. I just wish they reduced the bezels on the Z10 to allow for a bigger screen.
    Agreed on the layout. Of the z1s I tried it for about a week just to get a feel for andriod and the location of the power button and huge bottom and top bezels made it cumbersome to use. With bb10 on it though I wouldn't need the power button to wake it and navigating with one hand would be a cake walk.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 03:08 PM
    My Z30 with the following improvements: a better screen (both brightness and overall resolution), chip and scratch resistant glass front (sooo gorilla glass I guess), more powerful camera (not necessarily megapixels, but a better lens and more capabilities in low light situations), better optimization of the android runtime, and more sensors like an IR blaster etc. A bonus would be 4K video capabilities like the note 3, just because .
    05-05-14 03:39 PM
    Agreed on the layout. Of the z1s I tried it for about a week just to get a feel for andriod and the location of the power button and huge bottom and top bezels made it cumbersome to use. With bb10 on it though I wouldn't need the power button to wake it and navigating with one hand would be a cake walk.

Posted via CB10
    I really dig ways of waking the phone up without having to reach for the power button. I have the Z10 and LG G2, and I love how I can slide up on the Z10 screen to wake, and knock twice on the G2 screen to wake. The only problem is sometimes I try to knock on my Z10 and swipe on my G2, lol! And doing both of those on my Nexus 7 is just no good at all .
    05-05-14 03:44 PM
    Got it already. My Z30. And its only going to get better with 10.3
    05-05-14 03:44 PM
    Lol I kept trying swipes on the z1s and it drove me nuts!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 04:17 PM
    I really dig ways of waking the phone up without having to reach for the power button. I have the Z10 and LG G2, and I love how I can slide up on the Z10 screen to wake, and knock twice on the G2 screen to wake. The only problem is sometimes I try to knock on my Z10 and swipe on my G2, lol! And doing both of those on my Nexus 7 is just no good at all .
    Lmao I love the knock feature on the lg's smart idea who ever came up with that one!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 05:07 PM
    BlackBerry10 Slider (Torch). With decent specs. Of course the keyboard would be great. And a huge *** battery. And let it run android as well as android. Google services. Etc.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    Was with you until the whole Android comment.

I would say a 4.5" slider (Torch) for hardware and BB10 with Google Services for software.
    05-05-14 05:13 PM
157 12345 ...