View Poll Results: What are your BlackBerry plans for 2011?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm keeping my current BB.

15 23.44%
  • I'm upgrading to whatever model is/will be available.

8 12.50%
  • I will wait to see what new device RIM will put out.

24 37.50%
  • I'm moving to an Android device or an iPhone.

7 10.94%
  • I'm undecided.

5 7.81%
  • I'm getting a Playbook!

5 7.81%
    Ok, let's hear you guys and girls, what are your plans for 2011 regarding using your BlackBerrys?
    12-10-10 08:33 PM
    Keeping my Torch. The 30 days were up yesterday. Here's to the next 2 years!
    Last edited by KEB64; 12-11-10 at 11:51 AM. Reason: clarification
    12-10-10 09:54 PM
    Just got my 9700 in Jan on a 3 year contract with Telus so I won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Couldn't be happier with the phone though, no intention of upgrading to os 6. OS 5 is perfectly fine for my needs.
    12-10-10 10:01 PM
    I recently picked up a 9780 so I'll be sticking with it for the next year, and probably the year after.
    12-11-10 01:55 AM
    Still a year left on my 9700, but may take advantage of my early upgrade in November of next year...So by then hoping for some kickass QNX/Tat phones.

I think this could (potentially) be a big year for RIM. Here is hoping anyway.

Really looking forward to a Bold series phone that is also touch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 07:31 AM
    I made the Android switch in September. My plans with regard to BB will involve taking a wait and see approach. I'm not an android fanboy and I'm not a bb fanboy. I continually evaluate what my needs/wants are and what products out there meet my needs best.
    12-11-10 08:10 AM
    Well said sandman, well said!

12-11-10 08:27 AM
    Well I'm still using my storm(since Dec of 08) and I'm waiting for the storm qnx. I'm running a hybrid .732 os for about a month now and my phone is working pretty good. All I want is a little larger screen, little lighter, little thinner, and to be runnin on Telus hspa instead of evdo. If I get that I'd be happy.

Last edited by JWWDUKE; 12-11-10 at 08:29 AM.
    12-11-10 08:27 AM
    I'll probably get whatever is new on AT&T depending on what it is....hopfully it'll be something like a Torch2 or something...maybe if RIM took the style of the 9000 and also made it touch screen with up to date specs, then that would be a good Torch2
    12-11-10 08:33 AM
    My fingers are crossed for the Bold "Touch" or something similar, and if that were to happen, I would buy it immediately.
    12-11-10 08:43 AM
    I'll stay with my 9700 until it's death, go back to my 8130 or get a curve 3G. All depends. I don't like spending big $$$.

12-11-10 09:03 AM
    My plan for 2011 is to at some point NOT be a BlackBerry user.

After 4 years, I've grown tired of the OS, repackaging of devices, some of the glaring shortcomings (especially in email) and quite honestly there is absolutely nothing on the BB horizon that excites me.

QNX, TAT, the Playbook (I stopped reading about this thing a while ago) and all the other rumors do no change the fact that while RIM is moving forward, it is doing so at it's' typically glacial pace.
    12-11-10 09:04 AM
    To each their own...poor BB not keeping up with Jones'...or in this case the amazinglygracelessssss'.

12-11-10 09:12 AM
    To each their own...poor BB not keeping up with Jones'...or in this case the amazinglygracelessssss'.

No BTM. It has nothing to do with keeping up with the Joneses. It has more to do with a less stale, more practical and more flexible platform.

I could not care less about bells and whistles. What i care about is having a device that helps me manage my professional and personal life with ease. Less and less is that the BlackBerry.
    12-11-10 09:34 AM
    I think I am going to have to move to Android. I love my BB, but I have been using it for quite some time and am ready for a change.

If you think about it, with RIM switching their focus to an OS revamp, not many app developers are going to put time into developing apps for a soon-to-be obsolete OS. I am constantly frustrated with so many companies (bank of america, comcast, Adobe etc) switching their focus away from BB to other platforms when it comes to developing apps. You can't blame them. BB is a hard platform to write for and with QNX in the works, it would be a wasted effort to try to design apps for OS 5 and 6.

I think now will be a better time than ever to try something new. If after a year or so with a new device, maybe the new QNX will be at a stage for me to come back.
    12-11-10 09:35 AM
    I plan on getting the Bold 9650. I know, I know, I've probably stated it in so many of my post already. Lol

12-11-10 05:31 PM
    I just ordered a Bold 9650, so I'll be with that for hopefully 2 years

12-11-10 05:33 PM
    My upgrade is in May 2011. I will wait until something new with QNX is available on AT&T.
    12-11-10 05:35 PM
    I'm getting a Playbook!
    12-11-10 07:10 PM
    R.I.M needs to drop a QNX bold to get my business back..Os6 looks meh to me.....
    12-11-10 08:11 PM
    I'm definitely leaving BB behind, for now. I plan to dump my Tour. It's slow, buggy and takes 14 minutes to reboot, which it needs at least once a day.

Maybe QNX and TAT will bring me back in a year or two. But for now, Android or iOS have left BB in a huge cloud of dust on every level with the possible exception of security.

12-12-10 01:17 PM
    I want a playbook, but I dunno that I'll have the $.
    And I'm sure I'll want to upgrade, but I'm on contract till 2012.
    12-12-10 07:05 PM
    I'm definitely saving up for the PlayBook. I'm really happy with my Torch right now that I don't think I will be upgrading for awhile....unless QNX OS for Blackberry phones is ready by next year.
    12-13-10 04:02 AM
    Just got the Torch a few months ago, so I won't be upgrading any time soon. But that doesn't mean I won't be watching closely to see what I could be upgrading to next year. I've checked out iP's and Androids, and they just don't float my boat. This is my 3rd BB, and each one has gotten progressively better than the one it replaced. As long as BB keeps up that trend, I see no reason to switch ... even though I won't likely be making that decision this year.
    12-13-10 09:48 AM
    I'm getting the Playbook!

2011 probably wont see me getting a New BB, as I am very happy with my Torch, a few short comings as AG brings up with email, but over all it is the lesser of the evils currently out there for my needs.

IF Microsoft gets WinMo8 out in 2012, and RIM hasn't addressed the short coming in Calendar and email handling chances are 2012 will see me moving to WinMo8

The Playbook should give me a good opinion of QNX and if on a Smartphone RIM is heading in the direction I am hoping.
    12-13-10 06:01 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD