Definitely WP8 for tight desktop integration and the Holy grail for me, OneNote.

Crack-a-lackin' since '08
    09-03-14 09:12 PM
    What other OS offers a "hub-like" experience? Just wondering if any other OS brings all the messaging, calendar, etc into a single location.
    09-06-14 02:32 PM
    What other OS offers a "hub-like" experience? Just wondering if any other OS brings all the messaging, calendar, etc into a single location.
    None does it as well as BBRY, IMHO. With apps, but not as smoothly.

At this point, though, it seemingly isn't enough if a value proposition on its own.
    09-06-14 03:00 PM
    Oh, someone mentioned file manager for iOS... ouch! Apple won't allow that any time soon, it would be the end of tight control within their ecosystem...

Need a decent file manager,... but even a basic one would do.

Windows Phone 8.1 finally got one...
    It's the phone OS I'm most interested in after BB10, I just won't trust Android, and I find it boring, cluttered and unintuitive...

EDIT:

Apparently there are a few file manager apps on iOS, but I have no chance to test or verify because I don't own a device or have one within reach...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    Only if you jailbreak

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 03:03 PM
    None does it as well as BBRY, IMHO. With apps, but not as smoothly.

At this point, though, it seemingly isn't enough if a value proposition on its own.
    Thanks. While I've been using BlackBerries since the 90s (wow I'm old) and would never want anything else, this centralized hub is simply too fantastic to be without, especially for business use. The amount of time I save by being able to see everything in one place is invaluable. I swipe into my hub all day to see what's next, who needs what, what's pending, etc. If there was no Blackberry, I'd find a device that could do as much of the hub functionality as possible.
    09-06-14 03:09 PM
    Thanks. While I've been using BlackBerries since the 90s (wow I'm old) and would never want anything else, this centralized hub is simply too fantastic to be without, especially for business use. The amount of time I save by being able to see everything in one place is invaluable. I swipe into my hub all day to see what's next, who needs what, what's pending, etc. If there was no Blackberry, I'd find a device that could do as much of the hub functionality as possible.
    That makes a lot of sense. I completely understand.

It's a feature BBRY simply has not exploited enough.
    09-06-14 03:16 PM
    Hooli. But only until pied piper bring out theirs.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 04:51 PM
    Hooli. But only until pied piper bring out theirs.

Posted via CB10
    How many will get this reference?
    09-06-14 04:52 PM
    How many will get this reference?
    I got it. Sadly. LOL @Silicon Valley.
    09-06-14 05:17 PM
    All Os do have hub like feature in one way another. Some in the form of widget and some in tiles. Hub maybe great for messaging but loose out to other. With widget I can control music player, view notes, battery percentage, using stop watch directly, view weather forecast. All without need to open the apps. There is more can be done. Creativity is the limit. Hub can only be use for messaging, calendar agenda stuff like that only. So widget is still better than hub.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    09-06-14 11:22 PM
    All Os do have hub like feature in one way another. Some in the form of widget and some in tiles. Hub maybe great for messaging but loose out to other. With widget I can control music player, view notes, battery percentage, using stop watch directly, view weather forecast. All without need to open the apps. There is more can be done. Creativity is the limit. Hub can only be use for messaging, calendar agenda stuff like that only. So widget is still better than hub.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    Depends what you use your phone for. I primarily use it as a SmartPHONE, so those other gadget thingamajigs are not what I was asking about. Thanks for sharing though.
    09-07-14 10:54 AM
    I, like some of you, could never be "walled in" by iOS. I feel like Windows Phone is just a stunted (but much better looking) version of Android.
    That leaves Android. Android L looks promising, but the only version of Android I would consider now is the Moto X. Google's ecosystem does seem pretty intimidating to start into, but I am not extremely concerned with it's "invasive" nature. I love Google Chrome, Google Now seems pretty powerful, and the Moto X's size and customization options make it the most attractive android device now. That being said, I would not be happy if BB10 was suddenly unavailable.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 11:12 AM
    Ubuntu phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 12:47 PM
    Windows 8's live tiles function kinda like active frames, and can show you what kinds of messages you have and from who, and sometimes give you a preview of them.

From a Z30
    09-07-14 04:17 PM
    I am BlackBerry, always have and always will be. I still keeping tabs on the other OS's out there though so I can bench mark where BlackBerry is headed.

With Android and Apple making substantial OS changes and Windows in the same building phase as BB10, which is your second favorite OS and why?

(I know BB10 is not everyone's choice and that's okay)

Posted via CB10
    iOS has NOT made any major changes. They have slight upgrades every year. Nothing groundbreaking. The UI is even exactly the same as the original iphone. Android on the other hand has definitely improved their OS by leaps and bounds. If I were to say what's my second favorite OS though, it's the OS that EVERYONE stole from, including blackberry. WebOS. What a mighty fine, amazing OS. Apple took the exact same "card" system and "flick to close" and added it to iOS. No shame whatsoever.

WebOS > all OS's

Even blackberry.

BB10 OS is awesome. Devices just make it that much better. Especially the physical keyboard.

Posted via Q10RR
    09-07-14 04:49 PM
    I have to say BlackBerry 10 is my second favourite. Favourite still being developed but WebOS to me is outright the best. It's the one most influential on the current phones.

I have an android, a really good one at that but it's not functional compared to WebOS or BlackBerry 10.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    09-07-14 07:37 PM
    I would take a serious look at WP as I like the current integration/harmony with my Windows 8.1 laptop and my BB10 (thanks to OneDrive integration on BB10 at file system level). Then Android, but would have to be a Nexus model as I would want the pure Android experience. Never iOS until the ecosystem opens up and there is file system access (which will never happen) .

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 08:37 PM
    I have to say BlackBerry 10 is my second favourite. Favourite still being developed but WebOS to me is outright the best. It's the one most influential on the current phones.

I have an android, a really good one at that but it's not functional compared to WebOS or BlackBerry 10.
    Did you not read my post. We feel the same way! WebOS for ftw.

It's funny that the Operating system that all other manufactures adopted features and UI from, is gone and probably never to be heard of again. It's such a shame they went under. I would LOVE a bigger palm pre with the slider. Makes me wanna buy it al over again. Nothing will replace my blackberry, but I sure did absolutely love my palm pre plus. Paid $160 for it at the time
    Posted via Q10RR
    09-08-14 08:16 AM
    I've used Android (KitKat) extensively, and WP 7.5 for a few months. I did enjoy the smoothness of WP, even on mid-range hardware (HTC Radar), and I know the OS has improved since 7.5. When I got the Radar, I got 25 GB on OneDrive, which is also an incentive. I don't know if they'd bump that again if I activated another WP phone.

But this is a case where a single app can be the deal-breaker. I use the Kindle app quite a bit. It exists on WP, but is very much inferior to the iOS and Android versions. It was last updated over a year ago, and from what I've read, although the update fixed a few problems, it also introduced some stability issues, and still didn't add features the others have had for years. If I were just a casual Kindle user, I could overlook all this, but I'm not. The Android Kindle app works fine on my Q10 and I expect it to continue to work on future BlackBerrys. If for some reason it doesn't, I'm gone. I use it for work as well as leisure reading, and I'm just not going to use a smartphone that doesn't do it well.

If Amazon would update the Kindle app for WP to be on par with its Android and iOS versions, I'd be very interested in WP.
    09-08-14 08:40 AM
    I've used Android (KitKat) extensively, and WP 7.5 for a few months. I did enjoy the smoothness of WP, even on mid-range hardware (HTC Radar), and I know the OS has improved since 7.5. When I got the Radar, I got 25 GB on OneDrive, which is also an incentive. I don't know if they'd bump that again if I activated another WP phone.

But this is a case where a single app can be the deal-breaker. I use the Kindle app quite a bit. It exists on WP, but is very much inferior to the iOS and Android versions. It was last updated over a year ago, and from what I've read, although the update fixed a few problems, it also introduced some stability issues, and still didn't add features the others have had for years. If I were just a casual Kindle user, I could overlook all this, but I'm not. The Android Kindle app works fine on my Q10 and I expect it to continue to work on future BlackBerrys. If for some reason it doesn't, I'm gone. I use it for work as well as leisure reading, and I'm just not going to use a smartphone that doesn't do it well.

If Amazon would update the Kindle app for WP to be on par with its Android and iOS versions, I'd be very interested in WP.
    This isn't an OS issue. It's a developer issue. How often they update their apps haas nothing to do with the OS, most times. If they're getting the most money from iOS and Android, WP is going to receive less updates. The core OS itself is not at fault, so I wouldn't take this argument into consideration.

Posted via Q10RR
    09-08-14 11:47 AM
    This isn't an OS issue. It's a developer issue. How often they update their apps haas nothing to do with the OS, most times. If they're getting the most money from iOS and Android, WP is going to receive less updates. The core OS itself is not at fault, so I wouldn't take this argument into consideration.
    It's an OS issue in the sense that it gives me reason to avoid the OS, which I would otherwise consider. But I see your point: Judging the OS on its own terms without reference to overall platform desirability, I did like WP 7.5 and would no doubt like 8.1 more. There were some annoyances, however, such as the requirement to attach links rather than files to emails, for anything other than photos. I liked the tiles, and they've only been improved since then.
    09-08-14 12:03 PM
    Surprised this thread didn't get more action. It's a good topic so uhmm.... bump!

Posted via Q10RR
    09-19-14 09:42 AM
97 ... 234