Like many others, I won't be able to upgrade my BB Torch 9810 to BB10 until 11/12/2013, With that being said how much are you willing to pay for BB10 at non-commitment price?

How much do you think RIM should sell BB10 phones?

Sound off in the comments. I'm just interested to see your thoughts on this!

Happy New Year to all!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-01-13 09:13 AM
    I think they'll be around 599$ but my set limit is 650$. Cant wait to get one though. Hopefully they'll have retailers that don't brand the devices.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-01-13 09:19 AM
    In the US they should shoot for $499 off contract. this would put them inline with top end Android offerings with comparable specs. They need to stay away from iPhone pricing as they will not do well as recent product launches have proven.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    01-01-13 09:41 AM
    I'm willing to pay $650 for the BB10 All Touch screen and about $250 for accessories......so approx $900 put away in saving account for my addiction
    01-01-13 10:32 AM
    I pay enough to my wireless carrier. The BlackBerry 10 should be a free upgrade for current BlackBerry smartphone users on BIS or BES data plans.
    01-01-13 10:45 AM
    $600 tops.
    01-01-13 10:46 AM
    How did you guys decide on what you are willing to pay for a device before knowing what it could do. For example, let's say that BB10 is powerful enough to replace your laptop and desktop computers. How much would you be willing to for something like that? I have a MacPro at work and at home and I carry a Macbook pro retina, so BB10 would be a steal at $2K if it could replace all these computers. If it's just a phone, then I agree that it should be competitively priced against current top Androids.
    01-01-13 11:04 AM
    $200 ceiling
    19GhostRider71 likes this.
    01-01-13 11:06 AM
    Good Luck with that one and I wouldn't hold my breath.
    01-01-13 11:06 AM
    I pay enough to my wireless carrier. The BlackBerry 10 should be a free upgrade for current BlackBerry smartphone users on BIS or BES data plans.
    Lol........
    01-01-13 11:10 AM
    How did you guys decide on what you are willing to pay for a device before knowing what it could do. For example, let's say that BB10 is powerful enough to replace your laptop and desktop computers. How much would you be willing to for something like that? I have a MacPro at work and at home and I carry a Macbook pro retina, so BB10 would be a steal at $2K if it could replace all these computers. If it's just a phone, then I agree that it should be competitively priced against current top Androids.
    It's a phone. And I will never consider any phone as a pc replacement until I can design, model, render, and draft the construction drawings of an $18 million courthouse on one (can't do that on a tablet, either). When I can do that, then I'll consider paying more than the 30 bucks max that I'll pay for a refurbished phone once they come around.

Smartphone prices are simply ridiculous in the first place. I don't care what can be done with them.
    01-01-13 11:58 AM
    There was a recent and similar Poll on CB for this
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-10-a-756445/
    01-01-13 12:08 PM
    Off-contract, I'm thinking we're looking at about $650. That's the current price of the Galaxy S3, and although I think it would be ideal if RIM undercut the price slightly, I'm not holding my breath. However, I rarely buy phones off-contract, because the way things work with my carrier it doesn't make a difference to my monthly bill, so I may as well buy on-contract, and in the worst-case scenario I just pay the upgrade price if I feel the need to get rid of the phone.
    01-01-13 12:10 PM
    And I will never consider any phone as a pc replacement until I can design, model, render, and draft the construction drawings of an $18 million courthouse on one (can't do that on a tablet, either).
    Ignorant question; how much computing power do you need for that?
    For what I do, during grad school I used to log into national supercomputers to run my jobs because it would take days on an SGI Octane computer. Now I can get away with a MacPro with 8 cores. Hand-held devices will probably take sometime to get there, but I am hopeful that one day they will. Agree on the high cost of smartphones and also cost of data plans. But I do care what can be done with them, otherwise I wouldn't be switching back to BB from iphone.
    01-01-13 12:11 PM
    How much is to much? I can remember paying over $1200 for my radio controlled car (built from scratch) in the 80's. I ask myself how many hobbies have I spent countless amount of dollars ........My BLACKBERRY ADDICTION (hobby) has surpassed all hobbies from the past.
    01-01-13 12:11 PM
    Ignorant question; how much computing power do you need for that?
    For what I do, during grad school I used to log into national supercomputers to run my jobs because it would take days on an SGI Octane computer. Now I can get away with a MacPro with 8 cores. Hand-held devices will probably take sometime to get there, but I am hopeful that one day they will. Agree on the high cost of smartphones and also cost of data plans. But I do care what can be done with them, otherwise I wouldn't be switching back to BB from iphone.
    Nothing spectacular. Revit - System Requirements - Autodesk
    01-01-13 12:17 PM
    30k INR ~$600

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    01-01-13 12:26 PM
    Nothing if I can get the boss to tag it under business expense.

250$ out of pocket, IF I had to buy it and just couldn't wait to have it.

Free if I wait till I'm due for an upgrade this year.
    01-01-13 12:59 PM
    I would try to limit it to $500. Maybe $550. I don't use it as a power user though so I am trying to be realistic. I do own stocks so I might consider spending a little more to help the cause.
    If I can do almost everything without paying monthly BIS fees, that might make it worth more.
    01-01-13 01:34 PM
    top for me is around �400-�450
    01-01-13 01:36 PM
    Since my carrier TMO is doing away with subsidized pricing so whatever retail is.
    01-01-13 01:46 PM
    im hoping to get a second hand one for around �300 (student budget sucks) as my upgrade isnt until April 2014, i expect them to be around �400 new as iphone 5 is currently �500-�600 here depending on where you buy them
    01-01-13 02:34 PM
    Since my carrier TMO is doing away with subsidized pricing so whatever retail is.
    TMO manager at a local retail store said that with the policy you can put as low as 20$ down on it and pay it monthly
    01-01-13 02:38 PM
    Exactly. I use Revit and Autocad Architecture. Biggest thing is ram (the more, the better, and 16GB is a practical minimum), and hard drive space for huge file sizes (one prison we did a while back topped 1GB - just the one project file alone). Cpu speeds of about double what the fastest current mobile cpu can give you are needed to make the program at least workable. And, although it can display on a smaller screen - and a decently loaded laptop can work, I wouldn't like it on anything less than a 20" widescreen. In fact, I run a 24" Widescreen and 19" standard lcd at the same time at work.

And our projects are not among the biggest that are done by some of the many other bigger firms.

But, admittedly, my perspective on what you do with a pc is a bit skewed. For my own use, I also like to record my vinyl records into my computer at 32bit, 88.2kHz for cleaning up and burning to CD (I don't do mp3 or any other lossy format). Also not possible on any current tablet or phone that I'm aware of.

Sorry for straying off topic a bit.
    01-01-13 02:53 PM
    Off-contract, I'm thinking we're looking at about $650. That's the current price of the Galaxy S3, and although I think it would be ideal if RIM undercut the price slightly, I'm not holding my breath. However, I rarely buy phones off-contract, because the way things work with my carrier it doesn't make a difference to my monthly bill, so I may as well buy on-contract, and in the worst-case scenario I just pay the upgrade price if I feel the need to get rid of the phone.
    Galaxy S3 is $549 on AT&T off contract. Lumia 920 is $449. This is why I believe that unless RIM surprises us with an OMAP 5430 processor, and the specs match the leaks, $499 is a solid price for the US. $649 is iPhone 5 pricing in the US.
    01-01-13 03:42 PM
37 12