Living in between Baltimore and Annapolis, and traveling north of DC every day, traffic is pretty common around here.

I did a title search on traffic but did not find much relevant.

I did find this site here:
    3dMobileyes.com - Live Cell Phone Traffic Cameras -
    However, it does not support the Storm yet.

Something neat I found yesterday was Traffic Reports and Alerts | Real Time Traffic | Road Conditions | Delays :: Traffic.com

I set up my routes, and have it set to send me an e-mail M-F, at 7am for my drive to work, and 3pm for the ride home. Tells me about traffic/congestion, average moving mph on the various roads, a sliding 1-10 scale of how bad the traffic is, and if it's getting worse/better. I believe you can also set up alternate routes but I haven't played with that yet. It's also set to send an email if the traffic between designated times gets worse than whatever factor you set it to.
    12-30-08 02:40 PM
    I use "Traffic" on Windows Live Search. It's really easy to use....green lines mean it's clear, red lines mean traffic. Here's some screenshots...

12-30-08 03:00 PM
    i love love love LiveSearch. its the GOAT esp. if u r on sprint with your GPS intact.

Dave, im also from MD and the traffic has caused me many a headache even going to Columbia or traveling on 100 or 295. so now i just use a monster truck and roll over other cars : )
    12-30-08 03:17 PM
    Oh wow, I work out in Columbia, off the Shaker Drive exit. What kind of "monster truck" do you have? Me, I've got a Dodge Ram 2500 4x4.

I will have to check out LiveSearch...
    12-30-08 04:49 PM
    I use "Traffic" on Windows Live Search. It's really easy to use....green lines mean it's clear, red lines mean traffic. Here's some screenshots...

Do I just go to windows live to find this?
    12-30-08 04:50 PM
    Do I just go to windows live to find this?

Here ya go: Live Search
    12-30-08 05:08 PM
    Here ya go: Live Search
    Thanks, downloading it now.
    12-30-08 05:10 PM
    Thanks so much for starting this thread. I just dl'd Live Search and this app is great!! Thank you all!!
    12-30-08 08:31 PM
    Anyone know of a good traffic app that works in Canada ? I've searched the net but keep coming up blank
    12-30-08 08:34 PM
    Hmmm, does it not work on the Storm?

I have the file in my Downloads folder but nothing happens when I click on it. I see nothing about it under Applications either.
    12-30-08 09:08 PM
    Hmmm, does it not work on the Storm?

I have the file in my Downloads folder but nothing happens when I click on it. I see nothing about it under Applications either.
    Check your OS version. I have a bold and I have the same problem.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/windows-live-search-problem-122643/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 09:22 PM
    I was wondering about that too...

It says
    v4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94)

So I downloaded the 4.2+ one...

EDIT:
    Found this thread about the Storm:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/win...-storm-104745/

Apparently it's not working with the Storm yet.
    Last edited by Dave88LX; 12-30-08 at 09:30 PM.
    12-30-08 09:26 PM
    You know what? You guys would be perfect candidates for a CB Radio. Citizens Band, not CrackBerry. CB's are under 50 bucks and go great with a GPS.

12-30-08 10:30 PM
    Oh wow, I work out in Columbia, off the Shaker Drive exit. What kind of "monster truck" do you have? Me, I've got a Dodge Ram 2500 4x4.

I will have to check out LiveSearch...
    Lol I don't actually have a truck. I drive a sedan. I just imagine myself in a monster truck crushing the other cars to help ease my road rage. Its a good stress relieving tool.

12-30-08 11:38 PM
    You know what? You guys would be perfect candidates for a CB Radio. Citizens Band, not CrackBerry. CB's are under 50 bucks and go great with a GPS.

Round here we call that Redneck Radar. It's saved my *** many-a-time on my interstate trips from TX up to Mass to visit family. What do you think them thar antennas are for.

Lol I don't actually have a truck. I drive a sedan. I just imagine myself in a monster truck crushing the other cars to help ease my road rage. Its a good stress relieving tool.

Oh! OK didn't know if you had a truck or not. I'm with ya now!
    12-31-08 12:37 AM
    In that area (which I visit frequently), I have found that the traffic function on my TeleNav works great. In fact, TeleNav saved me when the Garmin Nuvi in the car was unable to find a route for me when the harbor tunnel was suddenly closed, and when the Garmin routed me in circles literally on another occasion near the same area.

Also, Viigo has Baltimore traffic available as well.
    12-31-08 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD