With the downloading of the new sofware from RIM's Beta app, I've been wondering what podcasts are peoples favorites to listen to. Of course Crackberry is a must. Anyways I wanted some ideas. So feel free to share.
    06-24-10 10:08 AM
    BTW, I use PodTrapper. I love how it handles everything.

Here are my faves:

- Crackberry.com Podcast: Need I say more?!?

- Geronimo Jack's Beard: This was the Lost podcast done by Jorge Garcia and his girlfriend. They will be doing something else down the road and they will alert either through the podcast feed or twitter feed.

- The Lost Podcast with Jay and Jack: They will be active for a while as they will be doing a complete rewatch once the complete DVD/BR sets come out.

- Rob Has a Podcast: Rob Cesternino from Survivor. They do casts for shows like survivior, apprentice, big brother, etc....

- The Tribe, a Survivor Podcast

- Mugglecast: a great Potter podcast.

- 60 Minutes Full Audio: I grab the audio from 60 minutes and sometimes listen.

- HDTV and Home Theater Podcast

- The Ricky Gervais Podcast
    06-24-10 10:59 AM
    Another PodTrapper vote here!

Stuff You Missed In History Class
    Stuff You Should Know
    A History of the World in 100 Objects (from BBC Radio 4)
    Carpool (from Welcome to LLEWTUBE By Robert Llewellyn 2010 Edition - informal interviews with celebrities with an eco-friendly electric car slant)

Are amongst the interesting ones. Other stuff I listen to, I wouldn't force on anyone else!

BarlJo
    06-24-10 11:04 AM
    This American Life
    06-24-10 12:17 PM
    NPR has a great selection of content.

HERE
    06-24-10 12:39 PM
    i like the Crackberry podcasts the best.
    06-24-10 01:18 PM
    I'm probably in the extreme minority but I have never listened to a single podcast
    in my life.
    06-24-10 01:20 PM
    I don't listen to any podcasts but those of Bill Simmons. The Page 2 writer of ESPN.

Bill Simmons - The Sports Guy - Page 2 - ESPN
    06-24-10 01:38 PM
    The Wall Street Journal has a number of good ones. I'm partial to "The Wall Street Journal This Morning".

AutoBlog has a good one. CNET CarTech. Freakonomics has some interesting stuff as well.

I'm listening to those via Viigo. I'm really interested in the BB Postcast App. If that downloads them to the memory card, it should free up some space on the BB.
    06-24-10 01:46 PM
    Personally I don't have podcasts software on my blackberry :-( I haven't found a free software for it just yet but my favorite podcasts are

1) Mugglecasts (Harry Potter)
    2) The Radio Chick (former radio host in NY turned Podcasts)
    3) Whispers Paranormal (a paranormal podcasts)
    06-24-10 06:06 PM
    I was never one to listen to podcasts until I got PodTrapper. Now I listen to them all the time. I hated the price tag ($10), but I got 30 days to try it out and bought it before the trial was up. It's that good of a program.

Many of my favorites have already been identified in this thread, like the NPR, Suff You Should Know, the BS Report with Bill Simmons, but a few great ones have not. Podcasts are like music, really depends on what you as an individual like to listen to. But here are few of my favorite podcasts that haven't been mentioned in the thread so far, so check them out and see if you like them.

• The Adam Corolla Podcast (comedy)
    • What the F with Marc Maron (comedy)
    • TWIT Netowrk with Leo Laporte
      • This Week in Tech
      • This Week in Google
      • Net@Night
      • Maxwell's House (all about aviation)
      • Munchcast (about food & cooking)
      • Tech News
    • Old Time Radio (old radio shows from 1930's to 1950's)
    • On-Air with Ryan Seacrest Interviews
    • Peristyle Podcast (USC Trojans Football)
    • American Idol Fan Show
    • Raider Nation

Leo Laporte is one of the best podcasters out there and he has a network of podcasts called the Twit Network. You will find several very good listens in that network. Almost any of his 15+ podcasts shows are great to listen to, in my opinion. Very entertaining and informative. He has female participants, too, that just make for a good listen.

I also listen to Old Time Radio podcasts that are of shows from the 30's to 50"s like The Whistler, The Avenger, Father Knows Best, Lone Ranger, and other fine shows from that era. And, being that I am a Trojan, I got to listen to Peristyle Podcast, for all the recruiting and team news of the USC Football team. If you're young and a fan of American Idol, you may want to check out On-Air with Ryan Seacrest Interviews, where he interviews celebrities from the world of entertainment on his KISS FM radio show. AI Contestants, rock stars, movie stars. If you like American Idol, the American Idol Fan Show gives a funny analysis of the show before the results come out each week. It's fun to listen to them and then see who goes home.

If you want to listen to podcasts on your BB, definately check out Podtrapper. It's a great app and you'll find yourself listening to a bunch of cool podcasts that are out there. Whether it be comedy, old time radio, tv shows or video game systems, you can find podasts out there that will cover the topics. Podtrapper just makes it easier to listen to because you can start and pause, and it remembers the setting. It even has a option where you can download the podcasts via your PC so that you don't incur major data downloads on your cell network.
    06-25-10 02:30 AM
    I love using podtrapper - and use it more than my media player! I can download audiobooks from my library in MP3 format and I use podtrapper to listen to these books. I love that it can find any file on my Storm and play it.

My fave podcasts are:
    This American Life
    Car Talk
    Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me
    Fresh Air
    06-25-10 10:06 AM
    Going to give On-Air a try.....Thanks for that suggestion.....
    06-25-10 11:48 AM
    With the downloading of the new sofware from RIM's Beta app, I've been wondering what podcasts are peoples favorites to listen to. Of course Crackberry is a must. Anyways I wanted some ideas. So feel free to share.
    Where did you get the beta app from?

As for your question, if you're into movies at all then Filmspotting is a must-listen.
    06-25-10 03:21 PM
    Crackberry
    BB Geeks
    Engadget
    Filmspotting
    Stuff You Should Know
    The Cell Phone Junkie
    06-25-10 03:27 PM
    Forgot Quirks and Quarks. (from CBC radio)
    06-25-10 03:48 PM
    I like Buzz Out Loud for my electronics information. The dialogue is witty and informative. I used the Podcasts application. I also like Loaded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 04:27 PM
    I listen to crackberry everytime podtrapper picks it up or I see it on the site
    I need some good things to do at work so...
    Best of youtube
    Espn pti
    Bb geeks

06-25-10 04:50 PM
    I like Buzz Out Loud for my electronics information. The dialogue is witty and informative. I used the Podcasts application. I also like Loaded.

The male lead from that show went over to Leo Laporte's TWIT network and founded a new show called Tech News. It's a good show.
    06-25-10 05:05 PM
    Stuff you missed in history class
    BBgeeks
    BBreporter
    Crackberry.com

06-26-10 07:31 AM
    I'm new to podcasts...and never quite understood how to fit it in to my life.... like when or how would I actually fit it in.

Having it on the blackberry...and having an EASY way of dealing with podcasts is essential. PodTrapper is GREAT! I'm on the first day of my trial, and I'm certain I'll buy it.

I was looking for a way to have a variety of talk radio shows next to my bed for those insomniac nights, but couldn't quite find a way to get acceptable stations.

With this podcast solution, I can prop the blackberry in it's charging pod and listen to almost any subject imaginable.

For now, I'm subscribing to free market/liberty based political stuff... like the CATO institute's podcast. Also, the oldies radio show station suggested above.

I'm learning, also, that there are a lot of very unprofessionally done podcasts...with the volume levels varying widely inside of a single show... so you'll be resting easily and then BOOM! the volume jumps as the host, apparently, puts his mouth occasionally too close to the mic.

anyway

COOL!

Kelton
    06-26-10 07:35 AM
    Coast to Coast AM (subscription, but its add free and I don't have to be awake at 1am to hear it live).
    Infowars (free, good in small amounts...just think if 5% is true its pretty bad).
    BBC World News (free).

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-26-10 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD