I went to the yahoo home page and was looking under videos. There was this video from abc about "new ways to shop". Well anyway, they were talking about taking a picture of a bar code on a garment in stores or in magazines, then it would take you to their site from that bar code of where you could buy that garment. The cool thing was the phone that they used as a Blackberry.
    Has anyone seen this? or has anyone been able to do this yet?
    08-15-08 03:40 PM
    Not sure if this is the same thing but I know in a lot of european countries the use RFID (Radio Frequency Idenification) where it really just eliminates the need for credit cards and such you can just scan things with your phone if it's capable of reading them... I'm not quiet sure how the whole concept works but this is the closest thing I can think of.
    08-15-08 04:45 PM
    it's on yahoo's home page under video's right now. check it out and you'll see what i mean. It's really cool.
    08-15-08 04:49 PM
    I haven't looked at the yahoo vid but I think you are talking about qr barcodes. A square barcode? Afaik there isn't a reader out for the bb yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 05:59 PM
    I saw something like that a year or two ago on the news. They said it was a program someone was working on were you took a picture of the bar code and it looked on line and told you the price for it in other stores to make sure your geting the best price. Not sure if its the same thing and sorry I don't remember more details.
    08-16-08 10:49 PM
    Qr codes are popular in asia, when someone reads it with their mobile it usually takes them to the manufacturer's website. You can make qr codes very easily and have fun too. Maybe make one that says "crackberry" and print it on a tee. Ok I'm rambling and that's all I know about them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 09:05 PM
    I'll check it out
    08-17-08 09:12 PM
    look cool look cool
    08-18-08 10:29 AM
    try this: Download ScanLife - Millions of Phones Available
    or this, if you don't have an 8130 or 8330: NeoReader: Blackberry
    10-20-08 05:43 PM
    Interesting concept.
    10-22-08 08:30 AM
    just downloaded it, very sleek, easy to use program. I'll have to keep my eyes out for these EZcodes now.
    10-22-08 01:16 PM
    yes, that is Scan Life. i have it on my phone and it's a pretty sweet little app. works just fine.
    10-22-08 04:29 PM
    Just for you conspiracy-folks out there, don't ever ever EVER do something like this. It allows the government to track your shopping/surfing habits and they'll come and get you in the night wearing clown suits. RFID tags are all tied into the CIA mainframe, so those boxers you bought last week? There's a file somewhere that says what color they were.

//I'm Kidding.
    ///Maybe.
    10-22-08 05:41 PM
    Just for you conspiracy-folks out there, don't ever ever EVER do something like this. It allows the government to track your shopping/surfing habits and they'll come and get you in the night wearing clown suits. RFID tags are all tied into the CIA mainframe, so those boxers you bought last week? There's a file somewhere that says what color they were.

//I'm Kidding.
    ///Maybe.
    That sounds about right.
    Remember: Google sees what you did there
    10-24-08 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD