I already know it's my fault for having automatic os updates enabled, and that I haven't done a back up, but still.......WTF!! I lost all my contacts other than social media contacts and it wiped the contacts on my SIM card too, okay it didn't delete all of my contacts, all but 7 of them

What's the matter with BlackBerry?

They literally have to be trying to send there few remaining customers away.

I mean how is it possible that they could overlook something as important as your contacts, when testing this release?

I'm guessing there's no fix to this? Other than "tough luck" "better do regular back ups next time "

"The fight betweet openness and secrecy is the new arms race"
    Last edited by FobiddenRiceman; 03-23-15 at 08:59 PM.
    03-23-15 08:06 PM
    That sucks. Have you got an old back up that might have at least some of your contacts saved?

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    03-23-15 08:45 PM
    It's a few months old, so not all of them are there. If there really is no other way of getting them back I'll go that rout. Thanks GB666

greenberry666 likes this.
    03-23-15 08:49 PM
    Yah it's always a good idea to do a backup to the computer now and then, especially before doing OS upgrade. My friend found this out with his Passport after going to 10.3.1 he had no backups at all and his phone kept resetting itself. In the end when he sent it in it ended up frying the mother board.

Moral of this, even if you don't want to do a backup of apps and documents you can do calendar and contacts alone too

*Z30 STA100-5 10.3.1.2267*
    03-23-15 08:51 PM
    I don't get it. I lost my phone and when I fired it up and synced with Outlook, my contacts automatically repopulated.

As others have suggested, I think it's a good idea to create some sort of regular backups. There are plenty of apps available, as well as manual ways. Technology is temperamental, so these things happen on any OS and type of device.

In any case, sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I hope something positive comes of it.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 09:04 PM
    I hope something positive comes of it.
    Posted via CB10
    There's always a sliver lining

03-23-15 09:12 PM
    Now if they can solve the mystery of the duplicating and disappearing contacts

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 09:27 PM
    They need to solve the contacts app PERIOD
    The duplicate contacts and one or two disappearances were annoying, but this......it is simply inexcusable

03-23-15 09:48 PM
    I already know it's my fault for having automatic os updates enabled, and that I haven't done a back up, but still.......WTF!! I lost all my contacts other than social media contacts and it wiped the contacts on my SIM card too, okay it didn't delete all of my contacts, all but 7 of them

What's the matter with BlackBerry?

They literally have to be trying to send there few remaining customers away.

I mean how is it possible that they could overlook something as important as your contacts, when testing this release?

I'm guessing there's no fix to this? Other than "tough luck" "better do regular back ups next time "

Restart your phone couple more times and contacts from sim card will appear.. it was the same for me.. but if you haven't saved your contacts to sim or cloud then you won't get them back.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:27 PM
    Seems like ages ago that anyone kept contacts on their phone. Use Gmail or and exchange services. Contacts are a distant thoguth with my phone on my bes server. BlackBerry link does backups automatically when you are on wifi so why isn't everyone doing this?

Seems crazy to me.

I accidently upgraded the wrong way when transferring from one z30 to another z30 and was devastated I lost 2 months of photos. A week later I found all my pictures on my pc that wirelessly synced over wifi

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 08:49 PM
    Restart your phone couple more times and contacts from sim card will appear.. it was the same for me.. but if you haven't saved your contacts to sim or cloud then you won't get them back.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

3 restarts later and it recognized the sim contacts

03-24-15 11:53 PM
    Seems like ages ago that anyone kept contacts on their phone. Use Gmail or and exchange services. Contacts are a distant thoguth with my phone on my bes server. BlackBerry link does backups automatically when you are on wifi so why isn't everyone doing this?

Seems crazy to me.

I accidently upgraded the wrong way when transferring from one z30 to another z30 and was devastated I lost 2 months of photos. A week later I found all my pictures on my pc that wirelessly synced over wifi

Posted via CB10
    Wow I didn't know that you could link over Wifi. Did link get rolled into blend?

03-24-15 11:59 PM
    Wow I didn't know that you could link over Wifi. Did link get rolled into blend?

Nope separate. But link had that ability from day one I believe

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 12:26 AM
    Nope separate. But link had that ability from day one I believe

Posted via CB10
    Not day 1 but not long after day 1

Or maybe from day 1 but it rarely worked and an update fixed it.
    I can't remember which.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-25-15 06:21 AM
    Not day 1 but not long after day 1

Or maybe from day 1 but it rarely worked and an update fixed it.
    I can't remember which.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Nope from from day one I had my z9 from launch and I was able to do that when upgraded from my torch 2.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    03-25-15 09:04 AM
    Nope from from day one I had my z9 from launch and I was able to do that when upgraded from my torch 2.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    Lol special phone that z9

Posted via CB10
    bspence87 likes this.
    03-25-15 10:17 AM
    Lol special phone that z9

Posted via CB10
    One of a kind!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 08:48 PM