We know that BlackBerry are scheduled to release approximately 5 handsets over the next year, but I'm wondering what those on here would like them to focus on?

Part of me is questioning why release 5 handsets between the Z10 and the Q10 the virtual and physical keyboard lovers are covered. If so, why bother with the other handsets?

The PlayBook has been great, but is lacking in performance now when compared to its competitors. TH has said the tablet market is difficult and they do not know where they are going with it.

Should BlackBerry focus on the phones, tablets, of something else perhaps. What are your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 04:02 PM
    BB needs to focus on handsets for now. Make the best mobiles on the market with the best support. I am not sure about tablets really. I love my Playbook, and all I really want from it is more of the same but better. I don't think bringing out new tablets should necessarily take away focus from their core market though.

Simultaneously, I think they need to innovate. They need to break new ground! That's what made Apple successful, and a lack of innovation is what is bringing them back down to Earth.

EDIT: By innovation from Apple, I meant they knew the best ideas to steal, alter slightly and make their own. Jobs was a shrewd businessman.
    03-01-13 04:07 PM
    Innovate in what way though? If you look at Android it could be argued that they are very innovative, but to me most of the stuff they add to the handsets is junk.
    I do like the way Samsung are adding in connectivity between cameras and the phone, maybe BlackBerry could collaborate with Nikon or another established camera manufacturer?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 04:14 PM
    New ways the device interacts with other technology
    Shanerredflag and EsJayDee like this.
    03-01-13 05:05 PM
    1. I use a 9900. What I most love about having that awesome keyboard is - I can just start typing anything I want to access anytime - may be an app, a contact I intend to call, something I need to google etc. I just pick up my phone and start typing which is followed by search results including every possible option along with Google and Youtube. Now, I know there's a search icon on Z10 too, but that still needs a tap; not as easy as pick-up-and-type. May be an omnipresent but non-interfering keyboard always waiting to be called up. I shouldn't need to tap one particular icon at one particular part of the screen to start my universal search - may be a double-tap (tapping both thumbs simultaneously once) anywhere on the screen, and anywhere in the flow, to bring up the keyboard fading in instantly instead of the boring slide-up from bottom.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ankit RS; 03-02-13 at 06:35 AM.
    03-01-13 05:15 PM
    Would it not be easier to do this through voice activation?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 05:31 PM
    New ways the device interacts with other technology
    Same here, I wanna see them work with another company to bring QNX powered home electronics to market. I wanna see a QNX powered smart TV, even though I won't be able to afford one!
    03-01-13 05:46 PM
    And 128 gig aristo. Jk. A 64 gig aristo with expandable memory
    geoffsdad likes this.
    03-01-13 07:26 PM
    1. Continue to support app developers to get as many different apps as possible to cover everyone's needs. For example, as a student, I do not have a good note taking app that lets me write over PDFs precisely. (yes, apps are there but they are not well designed..)

2. Continue to tweak the operating system. Get rid of all the bugs - no matter how small. Perfect the basic functionality.

3. Add a **** ton of additional features. Example: for the browser, have an extension like "AdBlock" that blocks all ads. This will be a HUGE advantage for BlackBerrys. In calendar, allow multiple reminders. etc. etc.

4. A tablet would be nice but don't rush it. If a tablet is to be released, release it will future in mind. Don't just come up with one that is the same as an average tablet in terms of hardware and expect BB10 to be the selling point. It won't be. People like specs, give them something to brag about.

5. The Ultimate Hybrid Phone: Technology exists to allow people to feel the touchscreen they're using. Innovate on this and may be come up with a device that has a virtual keyboard that users can feel. This would be the best of both worlds that everyone would want. People love giant screens, this gives a giant screen when not typing. People love physical keyboard, they'll have it too!
    03-01-13 07:36 PM
    DO NOT bombard us with sixteen new devices all running different versions of the new BB 10 OS! Instead realize you already have two markuee devices (Z10, Q10) when it comes to style and design- the modern sleek ALL touch screen or the best of both worlds combining TOUCH with the legendary BB PHYSICAL keyboard we've all grown to love.
    More so keep your OS on the cutting edge. Consumers will be willing to communicate through their shoe if possible as long as their OS is SECONED TO NONE!!!
    The main question is this: Eight months from now can BlackBerry deliver an even better OS? BB 10 was released January 30th and is already getting old. We don't need or want 14 other devices as long as the 2 we have are simply the best. Since the first iPhone till now the iPhone 5S, compare how many BlackBerry phones have come and gone...
    All we want and what BlackBerry needs to do is, make what once was the best to litterally be the best TODAY! No more promises and broken promises and/or delays. BLACKBERRY YOU ONCE REPRESENTED THE WORLD OF BUSINESS SO DELIVER!!!!!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-01-13 07:43 PM
    Yeah. The only way to go from now is pretty much how bb10 interacts and reacts to other things. Laptop has been done. Well connecting your phone to make one. Tablet is useful and I love my pb. Just need to make it work for you. What I think they should have done was just make and sell the playbook to brake even. It was an experiment that they charged ipad money for. Oh well.
    03-01-13 07:48 PM
    Finally launching the BlackBerry 10 OS is inovation enough, the hole "gesture" based theme is awesome, and the snappy 1.5 duel core processor has the speed BlackBerry users have desprately waiting for literally YEARS ago!
    No MULTITUDE of decices just perfect the two you have now Z10 and Q10.
    Get top grade apps. Its as if BlackBerry is hiding behind this "business" persona, being that business is mainly typing, sending and receiving messages... Oh yeah and being able to connect to a printer or your fax... Being about business is fine and dandy even sexy, but "what's the since of working hard if you never get to play...?" Business is run by humans and we humands (unlike computors) tend to get bored- why shouldn't we get epic fun out of this device that lug around with us 24/7! Its as if you carry your BOSS with you everywhere you go!
    03-01-13 08:20 PM
    BlackBerry still need to fix the super bear bone default app package. We need better maps, better twitter, better music player, better camera app, better voice recognition etc. to be more competitive.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    03-01-13 08:30 PM
    1. Laptop
    2. Innovative tablet
    3. Leverage NOC
    4. Leverage Security reputation
    03-01-13 08:35 PM
    ^agree Work on the BlackBerry apps, Bring more useful services.
    Besides that, a smaller device, Ipodesk for running/working out. So I can listen to music.
    03-01-13 08:47 PM
    Some niche devices such as waterproof/rugged smartphones will be great. Like Motorola Defy series.
    Also, see two this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-769694/ - it has a bunch of feature requests.
    ubizmo likes this.
    03-01-13 08:52 PM
    Some concrete demo or proof-of-concept of the QNX powered interconnected M2M world. I sense this is the innovation that could mean something, but I don't understand what it is.
    03-01-13 08:57 PM
    A Smart TV with a built in PC would be cool. It could bridge with the Z10 or a wireless keyboard to operate it.
    03-01-13 09:07 PM
    I actually like the sound of that! BlackBerry TV! 4K resolution! 80"! Docking station for a Z10/Q10! Wireless remote control from your Z10/Q10!
    Ooooo...we need to start a petition to BlackBerry to get rolling on this!

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    03-01-13 09:20 PM
    Turn the Z10 on its side and blow it up to a 44 inch screen and that would be a sweet looking Smart TV.
    03-01-13 09:30 PM
    I think they need to get a entry or mid level phone out, a phone that still does BB10 well and could make the same experience to a z10 user. Like kind of a Curve product line,but for BB10
    03-02-13 02:03 AM
    I agree the universal search is a special feature on my 9900 as well, but I have a playbook as well and I've seen all types of youtube videos where they show how by one simple gesture you able to cause the keyboard to apear- even while watching a video or movie, one swipe from the bottom left hand corner like magic there's your keyboard, but once you start typing where does your message go? What's the point in being able to bring up the keyboard at any given time if once its up it has no purpose!?
    03-02-13 03:36 AM
    Would it not be easier to do this through voice activation?

Posted via CB10
    Easier yes, but might not always be convenient. You don't wanna end up suddenly saying "Keyboard" at random boring meetings, in your cubicle etc. for example.
    Last edited by Ankit RS; 03-02-13 at 06:36 AM.
    03-02-13 06:18 AM
    A Slider for sure with a 4.5" screen atleast. I had an E75 which was a geat Slider which would have been a cult phone but for Symbian- a highly unstable OS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-02-13 06:28 AM
    I agree the universal search is a special feature on my 9900 as well, but I have a playbook as well and I've seen all types of youtube videos where they show how by one simple gesture you able to cause the keyboard to apear- even while watching a video or movie, one swipe from the bottom left hand corner like magic there's your keyboard, but once you start typing where does your message go? What's the point in being able to bring up the keyboard at any given time if once its up it has no purpose!?
    Like it's on 9900. You just pick up and start typing, and whatever you type appears in the search bar. Now after you complete typing what you get is list - comprising of emails, text messages, phone call logs, BBM messages, WhatsApp messages, any app containing that text, in fact, option to Google the text you entered, Youtube it - wherever that text is found. It's up to me to select whatever option I'd prefer.

I find it useful when I am reading an article and I need to look up meaning for something I don't know/understand. All I'll need to do, and this [without] leaving the browser or wherever I was reading the article, is simply double-tap on the screen > the keyboard fades in> I type whatever it is I need to Google (or say open up an old tweet I remember containing that text) > it shows usual search options > I select Google (or Twitter ) to open up another tab ( or the tweet directly) for my search result in the browser 'behind' > I simply double-tap to make the keyboard disappear again. All this will take me hardly 10 seconds and without ever having to leave the article I was reading. I don't want to be going back to the home screen or swiping-down for the app's context menu. Just start typing whenever and wherever you'd like to.
    03-02-13 06:34 AM
51 123