If Google were to purchase RIM, what would happen? Would BBM be spread out among blackberries and android phones? Would current on market bb's lose support? Just wondering..
    09-16-11 03:32 PM
    The purchase would get nullified by the Canadian government that's what would happen
    shankeith likes this.
    09-16-11 04:03 PM
    i dont understand why people dont understand how big RIMM is.
    09-16-11 04:06 PM
    We'll have one **** of a phone....
    09-16-11 04:20 PM
    Why would anything change?
    Better yet, why would google buy rim? I love my BlackBerry, but I don't see google having any use for rim.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    _StephenBB81 likes this.
    09-16-11 04:22 PM
    Why would anything change?
    Better yet, why would google buy rim? I love my BlackBerry, but I don't see google having any use for rim.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    I agree

Android and BBOS have so little in common, and the Strengths in Google and the Strengths in RIM are opposing strengths,

Motorola was a good purchase,
    RIM would be a waste of money. The only good purchase for RIM, would be someone NOT in the mobile phone market looking to get in and restructure management.

ideally IF I was plugging for anyone to purchase RIM, it would be someone like Ford, I'd love to See Allan Mulally steering RIM, and see BlackBerry integration into AutoMobiles globally, Ford Sync being replaced with QNX...
    BES integration into Fleet vehicles.
    09-16-11 04:31 PM
    Hmm, Ford owning a mobile phone company...
    I agree that Ford could put RIM patents and tech to good use, but I don't think that acquisition would bode will for the future of our favorite mobile platform

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 04:48 PM
    Hmm, Ford owning a mobile phone company...
    I agree that Ford could put RIM patents and tech to good use, but I don't think that acquisition would bode will for the future of our favorite mobile platform

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't know.

Look at what Ford has done since 2007 with Allan Mulally at the helm,
    before Ford he was at boeing.

And Ford could use RIM's tech, but RIM doesn't really make anything to compete with Ford, so apart from realigning corporate governance, Ford would have no reason to try and change the BlackBerry Brand, beyond trying to make more people want Ford Cars, Utilities, and Trucks.
    09-16-11 04:52 PM
    GoogleBerry?? Hmm... Haha jk. Interesting thought though
    09-16-11 04:53 PM
    I don't know.

Look at what Ford has done since 2007 with Allan Mulally at the helm,
    before Ford he was at boeing.

And Ford could use RIM's tech, but RIM doesn't really make anything to compete with Ford, so apart from realigning corporate governance, Ford would have no reason to try and change the BlackBerry Brand, beyond trying to make more people want Ford Cars, Utilities, and Trucks.
    Gotcha, so you're thinking more of a buy and let be scenario. I was thinking more of a bankruptcy and/or liquidation scenario.

GoogleBerry?? Hmm... Haha jk. Interesting thought though
    They're already Googerola
    09-16-11 04:57 PM
    Do people want google to run everything? Why?
    09-16-11 05:01 PM
    Do people want google to run everything? Why?
    Because they think that if Google runs it, it'll be free.
    09-16-11 05:02 PM
    I never said I want Google to run everything if that is what people thought by my post, I was just wondering considering Google is a rich company, recently bought Motorola and the two main competitors in the mobile market are Google and Apple.
    09-16-11 05:09 PM
    Gotcha, so you're thinking more of a buy and let be scenario. I was thinking more of a bankruptcy and/or liquidation scenario.
    Yes I was thinking of a buy and use, not a buy an liquidate,

With new governance, and integration of QNX devices into vehicles, it would really change what RIM has to offer, being built into vehicles would make Turn by Turn navigation a priority, thus removing a strength of Android/Google as RIM expands on that category.

Having Fleet vehicle integration with BES, would make it more important to maintain ones BES, AND would increase BES subscriptions as more devices would be tied into it, that would increase margins for RIM as service margins are more than device margins clearly.

though chances are the sale to Ford would also be blocked so this is all speculation too.
    09-16-11 05:09 PM
    The purchase would get nullified by the Canadian government that's what would happen
    the canadian "government" doesn't really seem to think they'd be able to stop a sale of RIM, though admitting it would be bad for the area.

Would the Canadian Government block the sale of RIM? | Cantech Letter
    09-16-11 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD