My buddy wanted to test my BB 9780 for tmobile so he put his sim card in there and was playing with it. When i put my sim card back in it says i have to do a wipe.. i chose not to because i dont know what it will do. Will it reset and delete everything i have on my device like contacts and etc??

Please help
    01-12-11 01:45 PM
    It will erase all of the data that is stored and bring the BlackBerry back to it’s factory default state.
    01-12-11 01:48 PM
    It will erase all of the data that is stored and bring the BlackBerry back to it�s factory default state.
    That SUCKS!
    01-12-11 01:50 PM
    That SUCKS!
    In your case, yes it would've if you clicked 'yes.' BUT, in other cases, like selling your bb or passing it on to a friend to use, you want to perform a security wipe so the person receiving it can start fresh & obviously not have your personal info.
    01-12-11 07:46 PM
    My buddy wanted to test my BB 9780 for tmobile so he put his sim card in there and was playing with it. When i put my sim card back in it says i have to do a wipe.. i chose not to because i dont know what it will do. Will it reset and delete everything i have on my device like contacts and etc??

Please help
    If you do decide to have to do this just do a full backup using your DM and make a list of any 3rd party apps. activation codes you have so you can reinstall them if you have to and reactivate theme. Same goes with 3rd party thems. i keep all my info on thumb drives as well in a BB folder I have in MY DOCUMENTS on my PC.
    01-12-11 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD