Delete

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 03:21 PM
    I don't use Whatsapp at all, not even installed

Posted via CB10
    Me too. Makes it an easy decision.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 03:52 PM
    A couple things that I can think of right away that will probably keep WhatsApp around:

1) inertia.. people are just used to it and it's not really broken for most people out there and there's no urge to fix it

2) group chats.. WhatsApp does them in a more simple way and better. When I want to send a picture to a group on bbm I have to send it to each person individually, and the groups feature in bbm is overkill, separated from the rest of your list and simply annoying

3) backups work better for most people in WhatsApp, especially with saving convos and restoring group chats without having to be re-invited

If BlackBerry can remedy these three things I think then you can start really talking about a huge shift to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Hm I don't actually understand what you mean by points 2) and 3).

Firstly, I can share photos to BBM groups and each member can comment on it. Or is there a difference between posting a picture to a *group* vs a *group chat*?

Secondly, all groups get and contacts get automatically rsstored over the BBID lately.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 04:50 PM
    I was checking this morning the people that i talk to in whatsapp. i notice that most of the i use to have them on BBM and the ones that i did not are waiting for BBM to be available on IOS and ANDROID.

So I just came up with the though of deleting whatsapp right away, but that will not help me much. So what i decided is to put a link to download BBM and in the picture profile my BBM PIN. As my status message "I'm out of here, if you want to talk to me add me on BBM"

So as the tittle says, What will you do with WhatsApp once BBM goes cross-platform?
    What an awesome plan!

Status message: "I'm over at BBM download it here:" with a link is a brilliant idea. I will definitely do the same.

But anyway, BBRY really has to fix photo and video sharing on BBM.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 04:53 PM
    A couple things that I can think of right away that will probably keep WhatsApp around:

1) inertia.. people are just used to it and it's not really broken for most people out there and there's no urge to fix it

2) group chats.. WhatsApp does them in a more simple way and better. When I want to send a picture to a group on bbm I have to send it to each person individually, and the groups feature in bbm is overkill, separated from the rest of your list and simply annoying

3) backups work better for most people in WhatsApp, especially with saving convos and restoring group chats without having to be re-invited

If BlackBerry can remedy these three things I think then you can start really talking about a huge shift to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    On Point 1:
    Completely agree. I can try to push my friends to download BBM, but most likely won't use it as much. They are used to WhatsApp, and it works well enough. They have their conversations, groups, and everything there already. With BBM, they have to start over again. Then there is their friends and family too, and the friends and family of their friends and family. In my country WhatsApp is the most popular IM client, anyone who has a smartphone has it.

On point 2:
    There are some tweaks that I would like, but overall I happen to find the Groups feature on BBM a lot more useful than WhatsApp. You don't have to send images individually. You can go into groups and add a photo that everyone can see, and comment from.

What I would like to see is a way to jump into 'Pictures', 'Lists', 'Events' right within the chat itself. Also I'll like the ability to add a new list, event, picture, right within the chat itself rather than having to go into the BBM app. I don't always have BBM open and most of the time just use it from the Hub, but the Hub only lists the chat, but not the other features. Which is a pain.

While WhatsApp is simpler to use, it isn't as organised as BBM Groups, which is great for organising events with a large number of people. WhatsApp is too simple imo.

On Point 3:
    There are options to back up chats. And they work just as well as WhatsApp if you ask me. Not sure how it will work for other platforms though. And when you are in a BBM group, it is automatically restored via BBID. I know because I just did a wipe, and all the chats, pictures, etc, all were restored automatically when I set it up again.
    08-10-13 05:08 PM
    In regards to what I'll do, I'll test the app on iOS and Android personally. If it works well, then I'll do what the OP suggested. Set a status message to tell people to find me at BBM.

I also have an blog post I wrote on "Why BBM?" when BBM cross platform was announced, ready to share on all my social network (I'll probably update it with more details), and hoping my friends and family will share with their friends and family too. Hoping to convince people to give BBM a shot.

http://axhng.tumblr.com/post/50681824474/why-bbm
    08-10-13 05:15 PM
    I'm going to keep right on using it. The few contacts I have on WhatsApp expressed 0 interest in BBM when I brought it up, and it won't really offer us any advantages.
    08-10-13 06:22 PM
33 12