Chen said that they will layout a road map for devices at the Conference. Does CB have the inside scoop?
    02-18-15 07:00 AM
    You pretty much laid it out. Devices and Enterprise portfolio. Anything beyond that, well, Chen runs a tight ship. There hasn't been much in the way of leaks anywhere. Even the rumors of devices have died due to lack of any real proof lol.
    02-18-15 07:06 AM
    N4BB already unveiled the BB Rio. A disappointing device in perfect tradition of the other overpriced and underspeced devices John Chen delivered.
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-rio-z20-specs/
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-rio-z20-first-look/
    Last edited by Maxxxpower; 02-18-15 at 07:28 AM.
    LuvULongTime and Rjinswand like this.
    02-18-15 07:11 AM
    Chen said that they will layout a road map for devices at the Conference.
    He said that a long time ago, well before they entered into negotiations with Samsung. Chen has been extremely quiet the past few weeks. Don't expect much at MWC.
    02-18-15 07:20 AM
    He said that a long time ago, well before they entered into negotiations with Samsung. Chen has been extremely quiet the past few weeks. Don't expect much at MWC.
    Two articles from Dec 18 and one from the 17th suggest that he will still be laying out the devices roadmap. Nothing with Samsung is firm. Taking anything but a BAU stance for something that is not yet 100% (Samsung buy-out) would be foolish at best.

I'll also add that since the initial rumour we have not heard anything (which is understandable) about Samsung and BlackBerry. However, what we have heard is that the SEC is investigating the rumour for potential stock manipulation. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a Samsung buyout.

BlackBerry will reveal all its secrets at MWC 2015 | Mobile Phones News | TechRadar

BlackBerry roadmap coming at MWC 2015: Here's what it thinks will win customers back - Pocket-lint

BlackBerry To Show Off 1 Year Roadmap At MWC 2015 | Ubergizmo
    02-18-15 07:37 AM
    The device road map will be very interesting - it will obviously show what devices to expect but it will also highlight the longer term strategy in terms of how and where BlackBerry see their future. A swing to software?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 02:43 PM
    The device road map will be very interesting - it will obviously show what devices to expect but it will also highlight the longer term strategy in terms of how and where BlackBerry see their future. A swing to software?

Posted via CB10
    They are definitely trying to reinvent the company as a SW and services one. Can they do it profitably enough to keep the company going is the question. And if they can, what does it mean for HW? I see BB making phones for the next 2 years regardless of device sales being over/under the 10m threshold. After that, if device sales are still poor AND SW and services are growing then expect to see HW wound down. Sad to say it as BB10 is a solid OS, but the late entry to market really hurt it.
    02-18-15 03:16 PM
    Will CB be there to cover the event?
    02-18-15 06:33 PM