Hi everyone. I've been browsing this website almost every day for atleast a few years now - and have occasionally posted in a thread or two. So, a few weeks ago I finally gave up on my love for Blackberry. Done. Me and the wife both. We still have blackberry's as our primary devices (9900 for me and the Q10 for her) but have bought other phones and are getting comfortable with them before finally switching sim cards - who knows, we might continue using our blackberry's for the next few months or whatever - but it just doesn't seem like it.

So amongst all the "doom & gloom" I had a genuine question. What are Kevin and the Crackberry team going to do after (assuming) blackberry completely dies? Just reading their articles over the past year or maybe two has made me appreciate how much effort they have put in the articles they write - not just because of their love for blackberry, but in general trying to genuinely keep us informed. Yes, the tone has gone down a bit recently, and it isnt their fault I guess. But, can these guys sleep at night now? I mean, Blackberry (Crackberry) was their life (and main source of income), right?
    08-15-13 02:52 AM
    I am sure they will be fine! A Lot of BlackBerry users are still around, cant speak for them but I am forever BlackBerry and don't plan on switching anytime soon! I really don't think BlackBerry will fold because two people left
    ryanza likes this.
    08-15-13 03:00 AM
    Will you be forever blackberry when they shut down BIS and stop manufacturing devices? I'm not trying to burn people here - I love blackberry as much as you do. But you have to be realistic man. We knew it was coming - we were in denial. Now its been announced - we're in denial. When it gets stripped and sold - will we still be in denial?

Would appreciate some constructive answers as opposed to "I love blackberry and I'll be here forever" etc. Once again, please note that I've been using a blackberry device (and no other) for NINE years now. That is a LONG time for me. I'm not a hater, just wondering what will actually happen and thinking aloud by posting a thread on a forum. Surely, you wont see Crackberry getting traffic when there is no Blackberry?
    08-15-13 03:07 AM
    "Bring out your dead, bring out your dead, bring out your dead-"

"I'm not dead yet!"

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 likes this.
    08-15-13 03:08 AM
    Kevin in particular is a big shot in the this whole "Mobile Nations" group, I doubt our hosts are going to have income problems or a lack of things to do. What are you looking to hear? Broken loyalties, sorrows?

Also, if I may interject, I don't think BlackBerry formed this action committee solely to figure out how to sell the company. People are acting like that is the whole purpose of it all, the default action, at which point they wouldn't need a committee anyway.

Some of us aren't just saying we're here till the death strictly out of loyalty or the fact none of the other device manufacturers seem capable of fitting our preferences or needs, but because not all of us assume they are just up and leaving the market and selling off so soon. If they do, then we'll have to worry about what's what but just like death itself, im not going to wait in anticipation of it.
    08-15-13 03:19 AM
    Not worried. Out of my control. Whatever happens, happens. Until it does, will continue using my Q10, 9900, 9780 and three playbooks
    08-15-13 03:20 AM
    TBH I wasn't looking for sorrows, just a conversation. And yes, I know Kevin is big in Mobile Nations - but that is because of Crackberry, right? Maybe I'm wrong here. I'm not worried about him not having food to eat - I thought the people who run this place are actually passionate about Blackberry - which is also why Crackberry is the most visited website in the Mobile Nations line up, correct? So keeping that in mind it isn't insane to ask if they're worried about the ship going down - or not going down - whichever floats your boat.
    08-15-13 03:32 AM
    This thread is gonna become one big arguement. But in regards to BlackBerry, as long as I still get to use my 9900 and PlayBooks I'm happy. You should realise that if BlackBerry gets sold, BlackBerry isn't dead.
    As long as BlackBerry lives, CrackBerry lives!
    08-15-13 04:04 AM
    I don't think it'll become an argument Beesh. It's not an unreasonable question he asks, because the OP doesn't come across with an attitude like "you guys are screwed! whatcha gonna do now!"

In all honesty, I doubt anyone could answer the question of "what next" until put into that position no? I still maintain that BlackBerry didn't put together a committee solely to try and sell off, so we'll just have to see what happens first, there are really scads of possibilities and directions to choose from. Selling off and shutting down is the worst possible scenario obviously, but they are still selling devices in the millions, and alot of governments and subsequent branches therein so happen to trust the brand besides (afterall, let's not only think of the average consumer here.) BlackBerry still has alot of things going on outside of the US and Canada as well.

I really believe they aren't bound to death so soon.

Thinking into this, I wouldn't mind hearing opinions from Kevin, Simon, Bla1ze etc on your questions myself. It is one guarantee though that as long as BlackBerry exists, CrackBerry will exist.
    08-15-13 10:52 AM
    08-15-13 10:55 AM