I only know a few BlackBerry owners. The one Z10 owner was an early adopter. The other few own cheap Curves and have zero interest in phones and only use their phones for emails and as a phone.

The only Android owner that I know is anti Apple. He would never own an Apple product for any reason.

All of the Iphone users that I know are a very satisfied group. They all use their cameras a lot and are heavily invested in social media. They have zero interest in other platforms. The iphone users I know are not concerned that they have to pay a premium for their phone.

I think that a $700 Porsche BlackBerry might appeal to iphone users if it had a better camera.

If the Z30 had a better screen and a cheaper price it might attract some Android converts on the basis of wanting to try something different.

I do think there is a big market out there for prepaid phones and for unlocked phones and BlackBerry could do more to exploit these markets.

The Q30 could be the next big thing or it could be an Edsel. This phone will need to be marketed.

Posted via CB10
    Agree with what I see around here too.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2941
    06-01-14 10:11 AM
    Good grief...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:15 AM
    Clearly you don't know me well, do you? If you did, you would see how wrong that characterisation is.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    I think you are well rounded and definitely the kind of person I would go to for honest and unbiased tech advice. I have always liked your posts. We have Android devices in our household, as well as BlackBerry and used to have IOS too. Nothing wrong with choosing the right device for the specific needs.

In its current state, BlackBerry users might be more apt to research the OS10 and work harder to find the devices vs buying what is available at the stores. That is the only thing I can think of.

I know that some of my friends chose IOS for the simplicity vs Androids. They did love their Legacy devices. But when it was time to upgrade, BlackBerry did not offer viable options to rival Apple and Android devices.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-01-14 10:23 AM
    I think you are well rounded and definitely the kind of person I would go to for honest and unbiased tech advice. I have always liked your posts. We have Android devices in our household, as well as BlackBerry and used to have IOS too. Nothing wrong with choosing the right device for the specific needs.

In its current state, BlackBerry users might be more apt to research the OS10 and work harder to find the devices vs buying what is available at the stores. That is the only thing I can think of.

I know that some of my friends chose IOS for the simplicity vs Androids. They did love their Legacy devices. But when it was time to upgrade, BlackBerry did not offer viable options to rival Apple and Android devices.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    I am BlackBerry user and to be honest I'm blind sighted by my love for BlackBerry 10. I discriminate Windows phones for its name, dislikes Android phone for reasons I don't exactly know... maybe the UI and the stutters. As for iPhone, my wife has proven to me how much superior her camera is over my Z30, but I laugh at her when she complain about the battery life of 5S. I secretly like the build quality of iPhone 5S though, it looks extremely premium.

Before BlackBerry goes down, which I don't think it will happen in the next two upgrade cycles, I will stick with BlackBerry for sure.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2941
    06-01-14 10:36 AM
    They are all people with choices and most get guided by advertising and what they see other people use.

There are actually no differences in the people.

I wantz more BlackBerry goodness!
    I agree with that, I know lots of people I would consider "like myself" that have chosen apple or android, and I know a few who are "complete opposite" who are on Blackberry. It has been my observation that certain thing OS's don't do well (whatever they may be) can drive users away to another platform.
    Last edited by Jimberry Storm; 06-01-14 at 11:13 AM. Reason: misspell
    06-01-14 11:13 AM
    Character differences may vary as well. Used to work for a company under a team that is completely assigned to get things done (i.e. Accounts Management). I was the only one that used the Z10 though others were very efficient and productive using Android or iOS too. That said, I think it would be helpful if we are able to differentiate certain characteristics of each OS than individuals who use them.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-01-14 11:31 AM
    What I have observed. (US only obviously)

BlackBerry users tend to skew older.

People I know who think they have trouble learning new tech things (true or not) tend to get an iPhone as a first smartphone.
    06-01-14 11:40 AM
    Other phones are toys. Blackberry is for tools
    Oh geez... the "Tools not Toys" tagline all over again.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    bbq10l likes this.
    06-01-14 01:44 PM
    Oh geez... the "Tools not Toys" tagline all over again.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    Reread mjohnson's post with all your detectors on
    06-01-14 02:15 PM
    Reread mjohnson's post with all your detectors on
    He had It correct are You even reading the quot e?

Mjohnston paraphrased It

Other phones are toys and bbry phones are for tools
    Its a rewording of the failed marketing campaign
    Show us how That is any different from we (bbry).want tools Not toys

Posted via CrackBerry App
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    06-01-14 02:41 PM
    That's just what Blackberry fans want to think.

The actual average Blackberry user is a person in a developing country. The minority are Westerners such as Canadians and Americans in the lower middle class. An ultraminority are wealthy business professionals. Wealthy, important people used to use Blackberry, but that was largely 6+ years ago when Blackberries were considered high tech and cutting edge.

Apple users tend to be affluent, young, and liberal. Students are more likely to be Apple users. A lot of high profile businessmen are now also on Apple. Apple is most dominant in developed countries like Japan and the United States. In these places it possesses extreme marketshare upward of 40 or even 50 percent.

Android users pretty much cover everyone. In the United States, they may have a higher tendency of being male and tech savvy; but, only in developed nations like the US and only if they own an Android flagship.
    Preach brother preach.

I really dont know why the whole bb for business and ios/android is toys thing comes from. Less than 1% tells the whole story

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
    06-01-14 02:52 PM
    Preach brother preach.

I really dont know why the whole bb for business and ios/android is toys thing comes from. Less than 1% tells the whole story

It came from bbrys marketing from australia

Google the bbry mock protest wakeup campaign It tells how Much It was a fail

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-01-14 03:04 PM
    Didn't catch it at first. Very good.

Posted with my Q
    06-01-14 03:18 PM
    I see what you did there.
    06-01-14 03:39 PM
    I don't think bb is a bad os either. Just doesn't have the dev support that would give it some basic things. But i don't find the os anymore efficient than any other platform.

06-01-14 04:59 PM
    bb users are more well endowed
    06-01-14 05:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 05:59 PM
    bb users are more well endowed
    Hahahaha are you stalking me

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 07:22 PM
    Now one thing we can indeed profile is the choice of color among BlackBerry users... who would choose white berries over black ones ... chuckle.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    Why is it always race with YOU PEOPLE!? (tongue planted firmly in cheek on this one! So relax already!)

Honestly, I am a poor, poor, college student, who walked away from a $80k job to go back to school... so maybe I don't fit ANY demo... my Android was just sucking wind and I fell back into BB... had a Treo, had a WM6 phone, so yeah, tried a lot of different things over the years... and I have to say, I just like it... but I could not, in all good conscience, recommend a BB10 to my tech-illiterate bro-in-law... he's so clueless... well, the iFruit works for him - I'll just leave it at that.

I will say this, however. When wifey decides she wants a better phone than her current feature GoPhone, she's getting a BB10... she already likes how mine works, and she can figure it out (she's a little more tech literate than her brother).
    06-01-14 11:05 PM
94 ... 234