Thats the question ask by my friends which I cant really explain. My be I am surrounded by blackberry users that limit my judgement on those carrying iphone or s5. Or I cant be bothered what others using as I am enjoying my qwerty blackberry so much, since Bold 9000 era. Prior to that I am a big fan of treo. Remember Palm/Handspring?
    To me blackberry users are 'hard-pressing' guy, with serious and mean business, while iOS & Android users the opposite.
    Do you guys agree with me?

Posted via CB10
    donemt, Bonnie Bonzai and eu gene like this.
    05-30-14 11:49 PM
    Personal preference...that is all.
    TgeekB, donemt, TGR1 and 12 others like this.
    05-31-14 12:32 AM
    To me blackberry users are 'hard-pressing' guy, with serious and mean business, while iOS & Android users the opposite.
    That's just what Blackberry fans want to think.

The actual average Blackberry user is a person in a developing country. The minority are Westerners such as Canadians and Americans in the lower middle class. An ultraminority are wealthy business professionals. Wealthy, important people used to use Blackberry, but that was largely 6+ years ago when Blackberries were considered high tech and cutting edge.

Apple users tend to be affluent, young, and liberal. Students are more likely to be Apple users. A lot of high profile businessmen are now also on Apple. Apple is most dominant in developed countries like Japan and the United States. In these places it possesses extreme marketshare upward of 40 or even 50 percent.

Android users pretty much cover everyone. In the United States, they may have a higher tendency of being male and tech savvy; but, only in developed nations like the US and only if they own an Android flagship.
    05-31-14 12:46 AM
    BlackBerry users are simply smart.

From my ? phone.
    05-31-14 02:35 AM
    They are all people with choices and most get guided by advertising and what they see other people use.

There are actually no differences in the people.

I wantz more BlackBerry goodness!
    05-31-14 02:39 AM
    The main difference is that we choose Blackberry because we want it, not because the media supports it (which it doesn't).
    05-31-14 02:43 AM
    In my very personal experience I've found that the less people are tech-savvy, the more likely they are to choose Apple phones. They are content to let Apple lock down the devices in return for their simplicity of operation. This works well for many and fills an important niche, especially in the US.

Android users seem to be more individualistic and want much more versatility. They are almost invariably a younger crowd with less money and much more curiosity.

BlackBerry 10, because it's new and unglamorous, tends to attract people who are looking for raw functionality. They can comfortably navigate through folders, actually enjoy using the gestures for quick access and control and who are less interested in third-party apps. For them, the features built in to the OS tend to be more important than the apps that are overlaid on top.

For the record, again, these opinions are from personal experience but in my corner of the world these are the generalisations that seem to fit.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 05:37 AM
    Thats the question ask by my friends which I cant really explain. My be I am surrounded by blackberry users that limit my judgement on those carrying iphone or s5. Or I cant be bothered what others using as I am enjoying my qwerty blackberry so much, since Bold 9000 era. Prior to that I am a big fan of treo. Remember Palm/Handspring?
    Do you guys agree with me?

Posted via CB10

We'll-if that's the case, how would you define me? I use a BlackBerry, an iPhone 5s, and an SGIII, simultaneously, on three different lines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    05-31-14 05:43 AM
    We'll-if that's the case, how would you define me? I use a BlackBerry, an iPhone 5s, and an SGIII, simultaneously, on three different lines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    I'd say you have transcended the childlike ideology that a specific phone is for a specific type of person.

This type of thinking could greatly harm Blackberry! Sure blackberries are business phones but they are not limited By it. If anything having roots in business makes them better consumer products

Sent from the ocean using my waterproof Z10
    Last edited by Barracuda7772; 05-31-14 at 08:55 AM.
    bbq10l and DrBoomBotz like this.
    05-31-14 05:57 AM
    BlackBerry users are simply smart.

From my ? phone.
    Not all. Evidence is all over Crackberry.

BlackBerry is the official phone for the elite. Iphone and Android users are working class slaves who are not allowed to use BlackBerry. It's funny to see those with all the money and power using BlackBerry while average Joe slave is told BlackBerry sucks via the elites re-education media. America will NEVER Allow it's brainwashed public to ever again use BlackBerry. Iphone and Android users do make good slaves.

Posted via CB10
    View askew.
    05-31-14 06:50 AM
    Android for the customizer techy, iphone for everyone else. Microsoft for everyone else not using iphone. BlackBerry for us who wants to make a statement.

BBQ10
    05-31-14 07:06 AM
    iOS is for some, Android is for some. Also, BB10 is for some and Windows phone is for some. Pretty simple.
    05-31-14 07:07 AM
    Because BlackBerry is legend. The legend will never be forgotten.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 07:29 AM
    I think it's foolish and ultimately inaccurate to try to judge or categorize people by the type of smartphone they use.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk
    05-31-14 08:49 AM
    I think it's foolish and ultimately inaccurate to try to judge or categorize people by the type of smartphone they use.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z3
    0 via Tapatalk
    Do you mean people select phones randomly?

BBQ10
    lift and bigbmc26 like this.
    05-31-14 09:01 AM
    Do you mean people select phones randomly?

BBQ10
    I mean people are different.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk
    05-31-14 09:27 AM
    Just adding my views here. I am a second year pharmacy student, - have used the iOS played with the android aftermarket world also had fun with WP 8.1 but i eventually came to Blackberry when I realized that I need raw functionality with a very few third party applications,after the very first week with Blackberry I am more than please.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    05-31-14 09:43 AM
    Android for the customizer techy, iphone for everyone else. Microsoft for everyone else not using iphone. BlackBerry for us who wants to make a statement.

BBQ10
    Then the majority of the population is "customizer techy?"
    Last edited by donnation; 05-31-14 at 10:06 AM. Reason: spelling
    05-31-14 10:06 AM
    Personal preference...that is all.
    I'll echo this. Since I had experience with the Iphone, I could say it pretty has got the simpler ui as compared to android and blackberry. Also how apple gets to lock you down with its ecosystem could either be viewed as a pro or con.

As for the reason I chose BlackBerry, it's pretty unique with how you handle things like the hub and the awesome virtual keyboard. I always wanna be able to reply instantly and value communications so there. I have all the apps that I need already and don't feel the gap at all.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-31-14 11:01 AM
    I really don't think I go all Jekyll and Hyde when I switch between my Z10 and G2.

ETA: It's also really interesting to me that SOME BlackBerry users will claim that those on other platforms are slaves to marketing, but in the next breath say "BlackBerry is a tool not a toy for bold prosumers who keep moving..."
    05-31-14 11:09 AM

The actual average Blackberry user is a person in a developing country. The minority are Westerners such as Canadians and Americans in the lower middle class. An ultraminority are wealthy business professionals. Wealthy, important people used to use Blackberry, but that was largely 6+ years ago when Blackberries were considered high tech and cutting edge.

Apple users tend to be affluent, young, and liberal. Students are more likely to be Apple users. A lot of high profile businessmen are now also on Apple. Apple is most dominant in developed countries like Japan and the United States. In these places it possesses extreme marketshare upward of 40 or even 50 percent.

Android users pretty much cover everyone. In the United States, they may have a higher tendency of being male and tech savvy; but, only in developed nations like the US and only if they own an Android flagship.
    Would you define lower middle class as someone in the lower six digit income bracket? A lot of Senior Executive Series level officials carry BlackBerry devices. They may skew that statement. Within my group of acquaintances, when gathering socially, there are plenty of personal BlackBerry devices in purses and pockets.

I realise you stated "minority" and of course a six digit income is in fact a minority. But this "minority" of US BlackBerry user is not truly lower middle income. The high incidence of $100 - lower $200 thousand owners within the government alone would deny that categorisation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...rink-most.html

Ever heard of confirmation bias? I can find any article in the web that will support a predetermined point. In that link it states that BlackBerry earn the most. But we don't know how the information was gathered. I'm sure you can find an opposing article that defines, say, iPhone as being the most likely to be used by the affluent, and if you toured Hollywood elite parties I'm sure you would find a sea of iPhones.

http://www.digitalstrategyconsulting...f_us_users.php

But if you look in Hollywood and Vine or Sunset Boulevard, you might find either low end Android or even dumb phones.

Here is my point - blanket statements rarely reflect reality for all segments of all populations in all countries.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 05-31-14 at 11:54 AM.
    lift, anon(6038817) and potatoguy like this.
    05-31-14 11:12 AM
    People who use Blackberries in 2014 value the power of QNX or really love the Blackberry keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-31-14 11:31 AM

I really don't think you could be more wrong about every point you make. Where on earth did you get those ideas?
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    05-31-14 11:52 AM
    Given the relative sales volume of Blackberry vs iPhone and Android users, we can almost certainly say that in any given demographic there are more iPhone and Android users than Blackberry users. That means more CEOS, doctors, academics, housewives, college students, pilots, entrepreneurs, lawyers, cooks, geologists, and musicians use iPhones and Androids than Blackberrys.

What difference does it make? Well, that means that even if you think that a Blackberry user is more likely to be a serious business-like guy, the fact is that if I walk up to any serious business-like guy he's much more likely to be using an iPhone or Android smartphone.
    unpaid_intern and bbq10l like this.
    05-31-14 12:18 PM
    I really don't think I go all Jekyll and Hyde when I switch between my Z10 and G2.

ETA: It's also really interesting to me that SOME BlackBerry users will claim that those on other platforms are slaves to marketing, but in the next breath say "BlackBerry is a tool not a toy for bold prosumers who keep moving..."
    Lol
    05-31-14 12:31 PM
94 123 ...