Alrighty, so just about every tutorial here tells you to delete the vendor.xml file and I've done a forum search and found no answers as to what exactly that file is/does... I imagine it has something to do with carriers, but what exactly?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered 789498239457 times, like I said I searched the forums first to no avail and curiosity has just been gettin the better of me on this one...

Thanks!
    08-22-08 02:04 PM
    Alrighty, so just about every tutorial here tells you to delete the vendor.xml file and I've done a forum search and found no answers as to what exactly that file is/does... I imagine it has something to do with carriers, but what exactly?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered 789498239457 times, like I said I searched the forums first to no avail and curiosity has just been gettin the better of me on this one...

Thanks!
    The Vendor XML file tells the DM which OS to load onto your device. Which is why if it's from a different carrier it needs to be deleted.
    08-22-08 02:06 PM
    The Vendor XML file tells the DM which OS to load onto your device. Which is why if it's from a different carrier it needs to be deleted.
    Sweet, good to know, thanks a lot! That was just really buggin me not knowing for some reason!

/lock
    08-22-08 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD