I am looking for a new BB phone. I work in dirty conditions, and I have a 8900 right now. And of course the trackball does not work. Tried to fix didnt turn out to well. Have Otterbox case for it. The best case Ive ever owned ,and customer support it the greatest. anyway just wondering if anyone has any opinions our suggestions would help out great . Would like the strom but att dosent offer it anymore. Thanks for the help. K
    01-04-11 08:43 PM
    A phone with a trackpad would be a great place to start. A Bold 9700/9780 or Curve 3G would be my recommendation.
    01-04-11 08:47 PM
    They don't have a good hammer or saw app. It might be useful as a trowel...

Seriously though you're definitely going to want a trackpad in an environment like that. Beyond the trackpad its whatever you want. They have Curves, Bolds, etc with them, just need to decide if you want the lower end or higher end model.
    01-04-11 09:17 PM
    9780 in an OtterBox Defender series case would be near indestructible.
    01-04-11 11:58 PM
    Which ever BB model make sure you can get a Otterbox Defender for it. It will save you some headaches
    01-05-11 12:00 AM
    Someone in another thread was proclaiming the virtues of his Torch doing very well with no case and being dropped, bumped etc; I distinctly recall him saying it had mud on it which he would just wipe off and the phone worked and looked great. I can't put anything behind that, just re-telling what was already told.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 12:12 AM
    Someone in another thread was proclaiming the virtues of his Torch doing very well with no case and being dropped, bumped etc; I distinctly recall him saying it had mud on it which he would just wipe off and the phone worked and looked great. I can't put anything behind that, just re-telling what was already told.

I don't think I have ever used a phone without a case as I know I drop it enough and eventually I will have officially killed my phone
    01-05-11 12:22 AM
    I don't think I have ever used a phone without a case as I know I drop it enough and eventually I will have officially killed my phone
    Same here; Otterbox Commuter for work and Case-Mate Barely There otherwise.

01-05-11 12:24 AM
    I am looking for a new BB phone. I work in dirty conditions, and I have a 8900 right now. And of course the trackball does not work. Tried to fix didnt turn out to well. Have Otterbox case for it. The best case Ive ever owned ,and customer support it the greatest. anyway just wondering if anyone has any opinions our suggestions would help out great . Would like the strom but att dosent offer it anymore. Thanks for the help. K
    You don't want a Blackberry. You want a Casio phone like a Casio Brigade if you want indestructible.

01-08-11 12:01 AM
    You don't want a Blackberry. You want a Casio phone like a Casio Brigade if you want indestructible.

That's not a smartphone if memory serves; presumably he wants a BB because he needs a new smartphone to replace the one he already has.

Edit: if he's ok with switching brands, the OG Droid is a tank - my little brother is in construction and is extremely rough with his, still holding up after 14 months.

Last edited by genomos; 01-08-11 at 12:09 AM.
    01-08-11 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD