Okay, So Yesterday.. I had soda spilt on my blackberry.
    Nothing was working, but this afternoon.. everything was back to normal.
    The only problem I'm having now is my trackball being very weird, and hard to scroll.. getting stuck, etc...
    I popped it out, and tried my original trackball from when I first got my berry.
    Same thing.
    When both trackballs are not popped in my phone, they scroll perfectly fine when I am holding them. Though, when in.. they aren't.

I now noticed that there is this little red paper?, something... at the top area in my phone. I touched it with tweezers, and tried to gently clean it. It seems like a little red paper- no clue!

I'm thinking this might be the problem for my scrolling. Is this some kind of water damage thing, or what? Is it safe to remove?!

08-12-09 09:22 PM
    It is a moisture damage indicator and since it's always been
    exactly where it is you can pretty much rules it out as a cause.
    08-12-09 09:30 PM
    It is a moisture damage indicator and since it's always been
    exactly where it is you can pretty much rules it out as a cause.
    So, it is a moisture damage sticker? I have never noticed this before, certainly never have seen anything up there.
    Does this mean, I have to file a claim and get a new berry?
    Or can I remove this?
    08-12-09 09:37 PM
    I dunno but filing a claim will not render you a new BB because moisture damage is not covered under warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 09:50 PM
    You probably didn't notice it because it was white before the
    soda spill.

I don't know if VZW covers moisture damage under insurance,
    but if you remove any of the stickers they have the right to deny
    your claim. Leave it in place.
    08-12-09 09:51 PM
    So, it is a moisture damage sticker? I have never noticed this before, certainly never have seen anything up there.
    Does this mean, I have to file a claim and get a new berry?
    Or can I remove this?

Yes an insurance claim which is $80 now I believe.....

I dunno but filing a claim will not render you a new BB because moisture damage is not covered under warranty.

insurance is different then warranty...
    08-12-09 09:52 PM
    Um...Well, today when I had went to the Verizon Store when my phone wasn't working. They told me to simply file the claim, and I should receive a replacement phone tomorrow... Then, they send return labels, etc.. and I send my damaged phone back. Nothing regarding me paying anything...

EDIT: With my government plan, we have different things.. so not paying may be involved. I have both insurance and warranty.
    08-12-09 09:59 PM
    When you send it back, they get RIM to check out your phone, and if its water/physical damage they charge you...hence why I'm scared to send my BB in, I'm afraid it might be moisture damage, but I have a bold so I can't even see the sticker

09-17-09 01:00 PM
    I am with cellular south and I took a pearl in for waranty and I know the moisture indicator under the trackball had turned pink, I spilled a glass of water on my pearl and 2 weeks later it started acting funny, I had pulled the battery as soon as it got wet and let it dry for a whole day, but later the effect showed up.
    They told me that they send them in and if it comes in water damage or customer neglect then I could owe 200 bucks, but RIM must of let it slip by cause I got a text that it was covered by waranty!
    It just depends on luck, if the checker let's it slip by, don't notice or whatever then you get a new phone easy, but if they catch the sticker then you put the fee!

09-17-09 01:18 PM
    it could be that the little sticker got wet, and expanded just a tad, thus the reason why it's now interferring with your trackball.. just a thought...
    09-17-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD