Woah!!! Changed my mind. Take a look at the Nokia xpressmusic NX. It has a physical keyboard and the concept art looks.... wow... better than mercury...!

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Attachment 416031
    "concept" being the key word there...
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-18-17 01:13 PM
    Why would anyone ask on BlackBerry forum what their next phone they should be. Akin to walking into a Honda car dealership, asking what their next vehicle should and the Salesman recommending a Ford!!!!

Posted via CB10
    The BB community is unbiased as far as phone communities go. People try all kinds of phones and I've seen people who walked away from BB frequenting the forums. Probably because there's some emotional attachment to the brand.

As for recommendation, I'd say wait for the Mercury. It's very likely you'll miss the pkb if you switch from passport. And priv's kb is ****e.
    01-18-17 02:56 PM
    Samsung is in trouble, but LG and windows are also coming out with bendable phones. I wouldn't buy one this year, but if these companies can perfect this tech, it'll be a game-changer in a year or two.

Imagine, a 5g phone with 6gb ram, some snapdragon 850 chip that unfolds to become a fully functional tablet...

Chances are both Samsung and LG will have folding phones out but they won't be that great just yet, much like how the curved display started out in some mediocre barely supported products.

Are you looking for a phone for 2017 or 2020?

Maybe the thread title should be changed...
    Woah!!! Changed my mind. Take a look at the Nokia xpressmusic NX. It has a physical keyboard and the concept art looks.... wow... better than mercury...!

Attachment 416031
    .....yep, topic title probably should be changed.
    oldmangeddyboy likes this.
    01-18-17 03:07 PM
    Where did you read and how could you think that Nokia 8 - rumored to be a flagship - to be priced at $250? That one will be around the same price as other flagships at ~650. The one rumored to be priced at $250 is the Nokia 6, supposed to be mid-range.
    The article I read definitely said $250, which I was dubious about. It does sound more like Nokia 6 range, and maybe the author was mixed up (happens a lot), but with the way prices are dropping everywhere, who knows anymore.

01-19-17 01:04 AM
    I noticed the Nokia 6 went on flash sale in china and sold out in ONE minute. Why can't BlackBerry phones do that? TCL is based in china, if they advertise well, maybe they can try a flash sale on mercury there. It won't help we poor western hemisphere buyers but the publicity would be great and would be noticed by the world press.

And maybe the Indonesian licensed phone, which will probably be cheap and better priced for a flash sale, can do something similarly, too.

01-19-17 10:25 AM
    Why would anyone ask on BlackBerry forum what their next phone they should be. Akin to walking into a Honda car dealership, asking what their next vehicle should and the Salesman recommending a Ford!!!!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has moved over to software. They don't make phones for themselves anymore. To them (i.e. BlackBerry) any phone that can run BlackBerry software is good enough.
    01-20-17 11:58 AM
31 12