First off i am with nextel but i'm pretty sure i can switch over to sprint and not have to worry about any cancellation fees.

I know a few people with the 8350i and it seems pretty nice but i'm just wondering if the 8830 or the 8330 would be a better option and what are the big diferences between the phones. thanks for any help.
    03-01-09 04:32 PM
    Best advice is to play with both phones in the store. The 8830 and the 8330 have a big difference in terms of memory (which is what I care about) but you might not, as well as missing a camera(?).... Another way is to compare them side by side @ blackberry.com with the compare device feature.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-01-09 at 04:42 PM.
    03-01-09 04:40 PM
    There is no telling which would be the better phone for you without knowing your travel habits and preferences. I agree with tremortality, start by exploring the the BlackBerry website and go to a store to experiment, also explore some of the carriers' websites.
    The 8350i is a Curve with push-to-talk. If this is important to you, I think it's the only Curve model that offers it and is available only from Sprint.
    The 8830 is a "world phone" built for international travel. It has no camera.
    The 8330 is a well-respected stable offering with a good reputation of stability, memory capacity, and features.

Bottom line, only you can answer which phone is best for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 04:48 PM
    Pay the termination fee and go get a bold!!!!! The best blackberry ever.

03-01-09 07:19 PM

Having the "best blackberry ever" won't matter if he can't afford it or won't get good service.
    03-01-09 08:08 PM
    I've owned an 8100 and have a 8310 as a work phone. I really feel the 81xx series phones are a good training BlackBerry.

Like it says above, it depends on what you're preferences are. I think between the two phones, the 8330 would be a good way to enter the CrackBerry world...
    03-01-09 09:21 PM
    thanks for the input... i ended up getting the 8350i since it was easier to just stay with nextel for now and i will see how much i use my DC still... i have 30 days to take it back if i decide i want to get the 8330.

so far i really like it i just have to get use to all the features and get it set up the way i like it but that will all come in time i guess...
    03-01-09 10:23 PM
    If you can get with a provider who has the bold I would highly rec it. My brother has the curve and says although he loves his curve he really wants a bold

03-01-09 11:03 PM
    Curve makes a business fast...Bold makes it faster!
    03-01-09 11:33 PM
    But switching carriers makes it to expensive.
    Walker dosent want to pay the early termination fee of $150. I would not imagine him/her not wanting to pay $550 all together to get a new phone. Plus pay more a month.

Good ghoice walker on the curve.
    If you don't like the internet speeds on that phone because it is an iden phone, the speeds over on the 8330 are awesome.
    I speak from experience, lol

03-02-09 12:00 AM

I really feel the 81xx series phones are a good training BlackBerry.
    I was thinking about getting the BB Pearl 8130 from Sprint. It would be my first BB device.
    03-02-09 09:57 AM
    i used my 8350i last night for the first time without wi-fi and noticed a huge difference in connection speeds.

Besides that are there any other differences between mine and the 8830?

the only thing that would make me want to switch so far is the lack of themes available for the 8350 because of the os 4.6.
    03-03-09 09:16 AM
    8900 Curve....you cant go wrong! Its one BAD Momma Jamma!!
    03-03-09 09:19 AM
    I owned a 8330 Curve from Sprint and loved it. Because of where I work the only service I could get in my area was with Nextel. I switched over to the 8350i and really like it. I think the browsing could be a bit faster but the upgrade they released resolved all of the texting issues. It would be nice if they could make it into a Bold format someday
    03-03-09 09:26 AM
    This may or may not help your web browsing experience without having to switch from the 8350i. Have you considered downloading Opera Mini or Bolt to use as your web browser for general internet surfing? They are free.

I use Opera Mini on my 8330 and it is much faster than the BB Browser. I only use the BB Browser for app downloads for the most part.

Not sure if there are any issues with the Opera Mini and Bolt browsers and the 4.6 OS.

Hope this helps.
    03-03-09 09:52 AM
    As has already been said here....play with both in the store. And generally speaking, if you're female, go with the Pearl, and if you're male go with the Curve
    03-03-09 09:53 AM
    As has already been said here....play with both in the store. And generally speaking, if you're female, go with the Pearl, and if you're male go with the Curve
    whatever :P

03-04-09 09:47 PM

AGREEEED! haha the BOLD is an amazing phone, my first blackberry ever and im never turning back to a normal phone
    03-04-09 10:53 PM

Haha you have a point there.
    03-04-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";