I think the problem is thinking there is any difference between a 'business phone' and a 'consumer phone'. There are very few people left who want to carry one of each, and this type of thinking is what caused Blackberry to lag so far behind Apple once the iPhone was released.

The perfect 'business phone' has all the features posters have mentioned above, along with access to all the features, apps (and yes games) that everyday users want. Basically an iPhone, Android or even BB10 device with personal and corporate partitions, allowing the company IT department to manage apps, email and secure info on the corporate partition, and giving users the freedom to use the phone for whatever else they want on the personal partition without corporate interference. Ideally you could even have two separate phone numbers, one assigned by IT for business use and your personal number, both on the same device, much as you can have multiple email addresses going to one device now. That way if someone leaves a company the IT department can wipe the corporate partition and un-assign the phone number without affecting the user's personal data.
    Excellent point. For those as old as me, we remember when computers were only for businesses. IBM = International BUSINESS Machines. Apple got laughed at when they tried to market their first computer and told "people don't want computers in their homes". We know how that worked out. Now people want smartphones that are for both personal and business use.
    pantlesspenguin and earlym like this.
    10-03-13 04:59 PM
    To me a business phone has to have the following:

Good Email
    Messaging
    Video Conference capability
    Good internet access
    Ability to work on overseas networks

I started off using a Blackberry way back when and it served me well and never let me down.

I recently switched to IOS because all of my business clients, friends and family no longer use the Blackberry platform.

I know some of the faithful may not like this, but so far the iPhone 5 and IOS have worked very well for me and my employees and as a business person myself, it's exactly what I have asked for.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    10-03-13 05:29 PM
    Just switched back to blackberry from android, I own a small construction business and the first day a customer what's to pay via credit card woops no app for my square reader guess I'm not getting paid on the spot. Went looking for the mobile quick books app witch makes life easier but not happening on bb10. Used to have a app to snap a picture and turn in to a pdf simple, email it off to to the engineer. First week back with BlackBerry and I have gone back into time now I find myself using the fax and had to spend countless hours trying to side load a few simple apps just to work. Don't give a darn about games, or pointless apps, the banking apps who cares use the browser but for a phone to lack simple business apps pointless!! Love the z10 always had BlackBerry s but I'm starting to give up

Posted via CB10
    JR A and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    10-03-13 06:16 PM
    An app to allow for a "dumb" tablet to connect so the tablet would use the phone processor and memory, but allow for a larger screen for working on spreadsheets, powerpoint, anointing pdfs, etc.
    10-03-13 06:22 PM
    Just switched back to blackberry from android, I own a small construction business and the first day a customer what's to pay via credit card woops no app for my square reader guess I'm not getting paid on the spot. Went looking for the mobile quick books app witch makes life easier but not happening on bb10. Used to have a app to snap a picture and turn in to a pdf simple, email it off to to the engineer. First week back with BlackBerry and I have gone back into time now I find myself using the fax and had to spend countless hours trying to side load a few simple apps just to work. Don't give a darn about games, or pointless apps, the banking apps who cares use the browser but for a phone to lack simple business apps pointless!! Love the z10 always had BlackBerry s but I'm starting to give up

Posted via CB10
    I know how you feel. Ran into similar situations with my business, and not just me, but other people in my business who need mobile solutions.

I don't care for games or "time-killer" apps either, I need to get stuff done, and I can't get stuff done with a BB10. It always grinds my gears when people refer to BB10 as a "tool" and not a "toy" and imply that Android/iOS is nothing but useless apps and games when the exact opposite is true. Of all the CB headlines about new apps coming to BB10, they're games, or "useless" apps, not tools; and it's Android/iOS that has the "business" apps that people like you and me need.
    TgeekB and earlym like this.
    10-03-13 06:41 PM
    I feel you, if we have to side load android apps then that means BlackBerry is dependent on others. I mean if all the people out there had faith in BlackBerry like me then shouldn't BlackBerry have faith in there customers? After all BlackBerry thrives itself in being a business phone how could you not have square reader or quick books how many billion business use these tools. Guess I was wrong I assumed they would get there sh$$t together

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:17 PM
    In my line of work, the number one issue for me is reliability... it is not an app, its not a feature, its great build quality and a solid OS.

Ive seen iphones and androids fail when it mattered most, missing a key phone call because of no reception, confusing a user with options and different levels of the OS to do simple tasks, auto correct bastardizing a message or email to the point you must reply to the customer and ask him to repeat himself, battery dying and no backup in sight but a wall outlet on the dirty floor of an airport...

its true what one poster said, i only need my phone to make calls, text, and email... but i need it to do those tasks effortlessly and accurately 100% of the time any where in the world.

This is why i still choose a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:40 PM
    I chose BlackBerry as well even pre-order back in March, sense then returned it 4 times for reboot issues lost my contacts twice via BlackBerry Link not to mention not one person at the Verizon store could sync the contacts nor work the phone. So no support from there carriers. Verizon offered me a replacement android but I still had faith and held off. After two more months of no update I looked to cb10 for help been running my 5th leak I still woke up this morning to a reboot running 10.137 so how is this an accurate and dependable device for business?
    Posted with BlackBerry z10

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:58 PM
    Apps...even businesses use and rely on apps. Along with that the phone should be focused around communication and productivity.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 10:01 PM
    Im sorry your carrier was no help to you, maybe try a different store the staff might be more helpful

I had the reboot issue on the Z10 but i knew i was in unknown territory when i bought it being an early adopter in a new line of devices, once my carrier put out an update 30 days later the reboot issue was gone (i say issue, it did it twice, and it was more an inconvenience)

This hurt the reliability i have come to know and expect from blackberry yes, but since than it has been 100% reliable, especially since i moved to the Q10.

Other devices have faults as well, nothing is perfect out of the gate and its not prudent to expect that, and i did not, but it renewed my confidence in the speed in which they corrected it and the reliability since.

Since that issue tarnished its reputation, maybe it is closer to 99.5% reliable, but that is close enough

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:36 AM
    THIS would be a great place to start.
    Great point.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:58 AM
    In my line of work, the number one issue for me is reliability... it is not an app, its not a feature, its great build quality and a solid OS.

Ive seen iphones and androids fail when it mattered most, missing a key phone call because of no reception, confusing a user with options and different levels of the OS to do simple tasks, auto correct bastardizing a message or email to the point you must reply to the customer and ask him to repeat himself, battery dying and no backup in sight but a wall outlet on the dirty floor of an airport...

its true what one poster said, i only need my phone to make calls, text, and email... but i need it to do those tasks effortlessly and accurately 100% of the time any where in the world.

This is why i still choose a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    To say iOS and/or Android (Jellybean) is buggy and unreliable compared to BB10 makes me laugh. My girlfriend's Z10 has missed more than a few text messages and a few calls. How do we know? Google Voice. Although the text or call never made it to her Z10, it does show on Google Voice that texts and calls were made to her GV number. Missed texts and calls have happened to her more than just a few times...
    10-04-13 11:25 AM
    A great business phone should have access the the best applications that are available to their sector of work.
    10-04-13 11:32 AM
    To say iOS and/or Android (Jellybean) is buggy and unreliable compared to BB10 makes me laugh. My girlfriend's Z10 has missed more than a few text messages and a few calls. How do we know? Google Voice. Although the text or call never made it to her Z10, it does show on Google Voice that texts and calls were made to her GV number. Missed texts and calls have happened to her more than just a few times...
    Is that her phones fault or her providers fault? When you are in low coverage areas, calls will go to voice mail and you can retrieve them later, im glad google is keeping track of everything you do as well... really, im happy for you...

i have had issues in low coverage areas, this is the providers fault, but many many times ive be standing with a group of colleagues, get a phone call from the boss saying hes been trying to reach the other person and couldnt get through even though theyre standing in front of me... these are the situations im speaking about.

If you tried to call me while im in a mineshaft 200m underground, sure i can believe you wont get through to me whatever phone im using.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 04:10 PM
    Yes, we know, Blackberry phones are flawless. Tools not toys......blah, blah, blah.
    10-04-13 04:17 PM
    Yes, we know, Blackberry phones are flawless. Tools not toys......blah, blah, blah.
    It's sad because BlackBerry doesn't even have what it takes to excel in the enterprise and business market anymore The so called "tools" don't even have the apps businesses use which defeats the slogan.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 04:23 PM
41 12