Hey All

What Short Cut keys do you use Regularly: Until I spent a SLOW day with a bunch of BB users yesterday I didn't realize how few people used short cut keys

the ones I use daily

c = compose e-mail from message screen
    t/b = top/bottom of message screen
    space/shiftspace, = page down/up on the message screen
    mypin = my pin number in an e-mail
    d/w/m = Calendar day/week/month views

what are you using? maybe I will learn something new
    05-22-09 12:03 PM
    When viewing web pages or long emails I use space to scroll quickly. I also use T and B. Also, in texts or emails I use N and P to go to the next and previous messages. I also use that when listening to music and when looking at pics. That's all I can think of right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 12:08 PM
    d/w/m = Calendar day/week/month views
    Where do you push the d/w/m...I didn't know about this one and just tried, but failed

I use I/O a lot when viewing web pages to zoom in and out.

I also hold down the BB button to close out apps.
    05-22-09 03:34 PM
    Mostly just T/B....didn't know about P/N...will probably use that from now on too...

I also did not know about I/O....can you use that in Opera as well or only in the BB browser?
    05-22-09 03:37 PM
    Best compilation of shortcuts I have seen:

BlackBerry Tips and Tricks by Stinsonddog
    05-22-09 03:41 PM
    Mostly just T/B....didn't know about P/N...will probably use that from now on too...

I also did not know about I/O....can you use that in Opera as well or only in the BB browser?
    I don't have Opera yet so I can't answer that. Sorry

05-22-09 03:48 PM
    Where do you push the d/w/m...I didn't know about this one and just tried, but failed

I use I/O a lot when viewing web pages to zoom in and out.

I also hold down the BB button to close out apps.

Open your Calendar application and press D/W/M BUT if you have quick entry enabled it doesn't work from the DAY screen to switch around. My default is month, then I use week/day as needed
    05-22-09 05:10 PM
    Search for qsms and for a tiny free app you can use the q button as a shortcut for sms composing

05-22-09 05:23 PM
    I just downloaded th QSMS app. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely use this one.

Sorry for some reason the "reply" feature doesn't work on my bb.

05-22-09 05:50 PM
    One of my favorites is to click the send button once and hold it a couple seconds to dial from my address book.

I also use Menu>C>click trackball to close apps instead of scrolling to close.

05-22-09 06:16 PM
    Hm. I use FC, CB, PS, VI, SM. And more daily.

Flycast, crackberry launcher, pinstack launcher, viigo and sms compose. All these are done using one press of the right shortcut key then entering the letters stated.

All done with the help of shortcutme.

05-22-09 07:37 PM
    I hold 'Q' to toggle between Normal and Vibrate Profiles

I hold the BB button to bring up my application switcher. Very handy when you only have one hand to use.
    05-22-09 08:38 PM
    I should also point out that if you have the Help files installed on your phone, there is a pretty comprehensive list of shortcuts there. In fact, it's the second item on the list on the main help screen.
    05-22-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD