Every time I go to the app world to see what's up, I see rising amounts of xxx apps.

I mean what's going on?

Ughhh

Any explanation?

Sorry kids. I tried censoring as much as I could.

Its becoming like the fart apps phenomenon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    RoseBud68 and shemaree09 like this.
    06-07-12 10:03 AM
    Its a double edge sword, Dam if you do & Dam if you don't.

P.S I hit the buttons for you.
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 06-07-12 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spell check
    06-07-12 10:28 AM
    That is why I quit looking. To many people are trying to keep up with the iPhone(y). BB is first and foremost a business insturment, last I checked not many businesses are willing to pay their employees to play games.
    Granted the consumer market pays a lot of the bills for RIM, but if people want to play go to Apple.
    06-07-12 10:29 AM
    I agree. It seems like RIM is trying to play the numbers game instead of providing good, quality, popular apps.

I think its stems from the whole "Free playbook for an app" deal a while back. There were a lot of devs who made crap apps just to score a free Playbook.

Quality > Quantity
    06-07-12 10:30 AM
    why are you pan handling for thanks and likes?
    17asleep, howarmat and avt123 like this.
    06-07-12 10:30 AM
    That is why I quit looking. To many people are trying to keep up with the iPhone(y). BB is first and foremost a business insturment, last I checked not many businesses are willing to pay their employees to play games.
    Granted the consumer market pays a lot of the bills for RIM, but if people want to play go to Apple.
    nah, it more about convenience. Apps provide convenience, bottom line. Its much easier to use an app than visit a site using the browser.

And why cant a tablet be fun? Just because its made by Blackberry its no games allowed? Geez!

I like to use my Playbook as an extension of my phone. There arent many games/apps for the Blackberry phone, so why not provide them on my 7 inch tablet???
    06-07-12 10:32 AM
    Yea but I don't need 50 apps which suck to the job of one firm app.

Numbers game has ruined our java app world.

Let's hope qnx app world works.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    06-07-12 11:31 AM

I think its fine because they are for something worth it.
    But, if tapatalk only had the feature of likes and thanks then I would right away a lot of posts.
    I think good posts deserve a little bit.
    06-07-12 11:34 AM
    I wish I could like this post from the wap site.
    06-07-12 12:21 PM
    I wouldn't mind if RIM played the numbers game if it had stricter guidelines as to what constitutes an app and had higher quality standards in place. However, as far as the Playbook is concerned, the game RIM has been playing has not been entirely fair.

1) A big chunk of new apps have consistently been ebooks and audiobooks. Whatever you call them, they shouldn't count as standalone apps. I suspect that RIM actually encourages developers of such apps to spam the App World.

2) Mostly low quality Android ports written for Android 2.3 or lower (i.e. phone version). In this regards, I'd love to see that emulated Android apps are at least labeled appropriately in the App World.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-07-12 at 12:45 PM.
    06-07-12 12:42 PM
    Nature of the new app economy. If you look at Google Play or Apples App store, just like with RIM's appworld, the majority of apps are "crapps". The books in Appworld is the worst thing. But in todays worthless and lazy media it is better to say we have hundreds of thousands of apps, instead of we have plenty of useful apps. There are useful apps in all of them for sure, but most probably are not.
    06-07-12 12:53 PM
    When the first fart app (literally) appear, who would have bet a dime on it ?
    Unusefull, unproductive, almost rude ...
    So I guess it's mandatory to let developers offer their apps.

But I also think that an app that has not (/very poorly) been DL for over - say - 6 months, should be removed.
    06-07-12 01:09 PM
    hes not anymore, i removed that crap
    06-07-12 01:13 PM
    That statEment is ironic considering the iOS app store is extremely prudish as far as allowing xxx content is concerned.
    06-07-12 01:13 PM
    Bad apps has nothing to do with games.

RIM is trying to get people to play on their OS, if you haven't noticed. Check out BB10 and PB OS for the lineup of games that are out or will be coming. There were also articles about BB10 trying to be the second biggest mobile gaming platform right behind iOS.

The market has evolved. People want devices that can do it all. That means business and pleasure. Get use to it, because more and more games will be coming Blackberrys way.
    06-07-12 01:20 PM
    I wouldn't mind if RIM played the numbers game if it had stricter guidelines as to what constitutes an app and had higher quality standards in place. However, as far as the Playbook is concerned, the game RIM has been playing has not been entirely fair.

1) A big chunk of new apps have consistently been ebooks and audiobooks. Whatever you call them, they shouldn't count as standalone apps. I suspect that RIM actually encourages developers of such apps to spam the App World.

2) Mostly low quality Android ports written for Android 2.3 or lower (i.e. phone version). In this regards, I'd love to see that emulated Android apps are at least labeled appropriately in the App World.
    Just a quick point about your comment, and that has to do with you saying that you wouldn't mind if RIM had stricter guidelines as to what constitues an app....

Well they actually are doing that for BB10 apps and they announce that during BB World or BB10 Jam whichever it was, but that week...and they will have a group to approve or disapprove a app and make sure only valuable and well made applications make it through to BB10 and not these junk apps ppl can't stand...

So rest assured people, they are doing quality control for BB10 apps, and I think we will see some amazing stuff come out with BB10!
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-07-12 01:21 PM
    Just a quick point about your comment, and that has to do with you saying that you wouldn't mind if RIM had stricter guidelines as to what constitues an app....

Well they actually are doing that for BB10 apps and they announce that during BB World or BB10 Jam whichever it was, but that week...and they will have a group to approve or disapprove a app and make sure only valuable and well made applications make it through to BB10 and not these junk apps ppl can't stand...

So rest assured people, they are doing quality control for BB10 apps, and I think we will see some amazing stuff come out with BB10!
    Couple of problems (yeah, yeah , yeah, I know........ )

1) Who is this group and why do they get to decide what is of value. In my head the consumer
    will do that by purchasing or not. Don't really need a committee for that.

2) Why is it when one person or group of people find something objectionable (can't stand) they
    feel it is there mission to impose their disdain on everyone else. Seriously, If an app or class of
    apps bother you, skip it. I'm sure you don't watch a two and a half hour movie just to prove how
    much you dislike it. You change the damn channel and move on. I hope.
    kennyliu and kennyliu like this.
    06-07-12 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD