Hey all,

I've been around and had a blackberry for years. Currently I'm running the bold 9700 with os .600. I've recently downloaded bb boss 2.2 and I'm just wondering what are the things I can remove off my device using bb boss without bricking it?

I just did a reset and memory wise I got 81447520 but wanting to get more as twitter for blackberry generally lags. The only apps I have installed are twitter, facebook, bbapp work and linkedin. That is all.

So basically I'm after some advice as to what I can remove using bb boss to gain more memory without stuffing up my device

Thanks for any help guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 04:14 AM
    I'm looking for the same advice here. I'm a long-time BB user but never really go into the guts of it and am trying to cross that threshold now.
    07-05-11 08:19 PM
    You can safely remove all the languages you don't use.
    All the themes if you use a custom one, but leaving the one specific to your carrier would be a good idea just in case.
    The IM/Social apps you don't use.
    You can remove all the additional dictionaries.
    You can remove Visual Voicemail unless you need it.
    If not on ATT, remove the att hotspot client.
    If not on T-Mo, remove the tmobile mobile backup.
    If not on verizon, remove verizon nav and push to talk.
    You can remove the games.
    You can remove any or all of the media options (if you remove ringtones, you will not have ANY sounds other than the default "ding").

To be safe:
    Leave all the fonts
    Leave event log viewer
    Leave help files
    Leave IT policy viewer
    Leave all the "advanced" options.
    07-05-11 08:52 PM
    If you have 81MB free, I doubt that anything you do to increase that will make a noticeable improvement. But, I'll take a stab at answering, since no one else has.

I'd remove all Language Files, most of the Font Files, any Core Applications that are provider specific but to another provider, Help Files if you're comfortable with how all your native apps work, any Social/IM Applications you don't use, Default Backgrounds, Startup Video, any or all Themes you don't use, anything you don't use in Other Applications and Games, Accessibility Options and TTY Support.

My experience and that of some (all?) others is that you can't do a Direct Shrink-to-Phone with 6.0.0.600. The BB Boss author said he's going to fix that, but I haven't see the fix yet.

Hope this helps.
    07-06-11 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD