I just got off the phone with Sprint. I am having problems with my refurbished berry and so they are sending me a refreshed phone. What is the difference? I have looked thru other posts, so if I didn't search enough, please don't yell at me...thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 02:08 PM
    It's basically the same thing. Refurbed.
    05-25-09 02:09 PM
    The rep probably mis-spoke. It's a refurbished, not refreshed device.

Refurbished is basically a device that has been returned in the past for reasons that range from a hardware malfunction to someone just returning it to a store a day later to get another kind of phone. They go through testing, are given brand new screens and housings and are just as reliable as a brand new phone just out of the box.
    05-25-09 02:10 PM
    I asked her the difference and she didn't know. She said "they are different". Thanks!

05-25-09 02:13 PM
    I asked her the difference and she didn't know. She said "they are different". Thanks!

You're more likely to get answers here for anything then you would talking to a Sprint rep.
    05-25-09 02:16 PM
    Seems like I read once that refreshed was when they got a new housing, maybe just cosmetic damage was all that was wrong with them. As opposed to refurbished that needed more than that. Once again not 100% sure about this though...
    05-25-09 02:24 PM
    Refreshed may be correct. Maybe Sprint meant refreshed due to the .131 update (now including mms capability).

This means the device was changed/upgraded (hardware or software). Almost like a part 2.
    05-25-09 02:26 PM
    You're more likely to get answers here for anything then you would talking to a Sprint rep.
    That's why I came here after getting off the phone! You all are great at this stuff. I am sooo tech illiterate its embarassing!

05-25-09 02:28 PM
    That's why I came here after getting off the phone! You all are great at this stuff. I am sooo tech illiterate its embarassing!

We all are, including me... we can learn together.
    05-25-09 02:29 PM

You too will gain this knowledge. Just hang around a bit.
    Well I learned something new today! I thought refreshed would mean the same thing as refurbished but Duvi's and mwdb4au's comments make good sense.
    Well, I don't know what the heck is the difference, but so far it is working. I am amazed at the battery life of this one versus the "new" one I had (which, was defective) and everything loaded up just fine. I am also amazed at how the tech that helped me online didn't have a clue...once again, thanks to Crackberry, everything was set up within 20 minutes!

05-28-09 07:31 PM
    Well, I don't know what the heck is the difference, but so far it is working. I am amazed at the battery life of this one versus the "new" one I had (which, was defective) and everything loaded up just fine. I am also amazed at how the tech that helped me online didn't have a clue...once again, thanks to Crackberry, everything was set up within 20 minutes!

Good to hear everything is working for you Suzi...
    05-28-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD