Can anyone tell me what the keyboard is like on the priv, reason being i went into my local CPW store to check it out and basically they only had dummy units on display, i did ask the sales guy if they had a real one to look at but was told that the only ones in store were boxed and for sale so couldn't be opened

I got the jist of size and feel in the hand with the display unit however assuming keyboard will be different on the real thing. I have passport which has a drop dead gorgeous keyboard, i know priv is smaller but is the keyboard of the same feel, quality and ease of use.
    12-10-15 01:43 PM
    Similar but different. The Passport is better for sure, but the Priv is good. It has a soft but satisfying click, and the trackpad scroll you are used to from the passport, BUT it's much smaller and you will need to adjust, but the rest of the features are all there. The on screen keyboard is fantastic!
    12-10-15 02:18 PM
    Thanks pkcable, I loved my 9900 way back when and managed the keyboard no problem so sounds like the priv will be just as manageable (been spoilt by the passport-superb piece of kit) also loved my Z30 keyboard as well.
    12-10-15 03:45 PM
    Is the on screen keyboard similar to the Z30?

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    12-11-15 03:21 PM
    Is the on screen keyboard similar to the Z30?

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>

Yes very similar, has the prediction, the learning, and the swipe up to complete words.
    12-11-15 11:47 PM
    I tried it. Don't like it. It has a cheap feeling. And looks like the keyboard keys will eventually break off. Definitely waiting for an upgrade to that. But would rather see a passport 2.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 12:58 AM
    My big hands had a difficult time typing on the PRIV keyboard. The Q10 was much easier to handle.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 08:49 AM
    Strolled into a small CPW shop off chance yesterday not expecting to have any luck in seeing a Priv in the flesh - wrong, the young gentleman behind the counter checked in the back store and brought out a boxed Priv. He said he'd not seen one in the flesh himself so proceeded to open the box and check it out. Size, feel wise ? felt good in the hand and looked reasonable quality (again not like Passport SE quality). Fair play to the assistant he then fired up the phone and went through the setting up motions so i could have a play on it.

Only had 10 mins on it so spent that time just seeing how the pkb felt and performed, well i was surprised at how little the keys were but managed to type no problem, they are not in the same quality league as the Passport but what i can recall every bit as good as the Bold 9900 i had years ago, vkb was good as well, every bit as good as my previous Z30.

So initially impressed albeit i was subconsciously swiping all the time, reckon i could be tempted to give this phone a try in the New Year
    12-16-15 07:18 AM
    At first but it seems a little cramp but after a day or two it becomes awesome in my opinion.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-21-15 07:25 PM
    I am coming from the passport so for sure I felt that the keys are smaller but it has been quite easy to adapt after 3 -4 days of extensive use.
    12-24-15 11:26 AM
    I actually played with one in the Telus store they had it fastened down so keyboard wouldn't come out.??? Ya I don't know anyway played with the os a bit. Still don't like android but BlackBerry has done not to bad with it. Liked the tile open apps. That's about it. Phone is snappy. And quick screen is nice. To bad is not bb10. Sales men made fun of me for having a bb10 phone he was like what do you do with it you have no apps. And I said Ya ya heard all that before there are lots of apps. And he was like no you can't even get Facebook. So I had to shut this fool up whipped out my trusty z10. Showed him BlackBerry World snap. And oh wait Google play. He was like how did you get that. And I said there is a work around for it I showed him it was really. I said bb10 is the best mobile os that was never given a chance because guys like you never took the time to check it out you just believed what some other ***** told them. Thank him for his help and hit the road.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by silversmith75; 12-24-15 at 01:18 PM.
    12-24-15 11:51 AM
    Coming from a Passport, it took me about a week to get used to the size and the 4 rows again.

As for quality...it's the worst quality BlackBerry keyboard I've ever used. The vertical travel of the keys is so minimal, sometimes I'm not sure if I've clicked a key or not. And the "frets" are thin pieces of black plastic that bend and feel like they could crack and break if I ever got my fingernail caught under one.

It gets the job done, but it doesn't have the premium feel we're used to from BlackBerry and certainly doesn't feel like it belongs on a $700 phone. Maybe we've just been spoiled with some great keyboards in the recent past. If I hadn't used the Bold 9900 or Passport, I likely wouldn't have complaints.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-24-15 07:24 PM