03-28-09 10:22 AM
- Hello, this is my first post here.
I dont want to sound negative or anti Blackberry. Nothing is further from the truth and I would like to own a Blackberry, but.
At present, I am with 3 and I have their X Series Silver package (5 month) which gives me 1 GB of data and all of my email is pushed to my phone via 3s Email on 3 service at no extra charge. I use an HTC tytn II phone running Windows Mobile 6. I have my own domain for email hosted by Strato (German Company) which is an IMAP account.
New massages always appear on the phone within 1 minute of them being sent and this is sometimes before they appear in Outlook. The phone is perfectly 2 way synced OTA with my desktop and laptop and all subfolders within the IMAP account appear on the phone. I use Plaxo Mobile to OTA sync the outlook calendar and contacts (about 3 per month). So for 8 per month extra to my phone contract, I get 1 GB of mobile data and perfectly 2 way synced mail, calendar and contacts all OTA.
I was under the impression that Blackberry was "THE" mobile Email device. I thought that a Blackberry was what it was all about. Email Email Email! I dont mind paying a bit extra on the Vodafone contract for a snazzy new phone which will handle email, calendar and contacts with panache!. But will it?
My understanding from a little bit of research is that the Blackberry isnt very good on the BIS service. It wont 2 way sync my mail, it wont load up sub folders within my IMAP account, it wont sync my Calendar and it wont Sync my contacts. Oh, but it will if I shell out a bucket load more cash for the BES service on top of everything else, but why should I when I can get it all at a fraction of the cost with 3 on a Windows based phone?
Please, someone tell me that I have got this all wrong because I really cant see the point of the Blackberry. It does not seem to be very good at what it is supposed to excel at.
I would love to have a Blackberry and will join Vodafone to get one. But I just cant live with the inferior service. Unless, as I say, I have miss-understood something because at the moment, I just don't get it.
Help or advice gratefully received!03-27-09 12:34 PM
- 03-27-09 12:38 PM
lol seriously though, if your fine with what you have then go ahead and stay.
But blackberry has been and will most likely always be the best business phone.
Whether its Trackball+QWERTY keyboard like most blackberrys or a SurePress touchscreen like the storm blackberry excels in usablilty and features.
there will always be more applications and software availible to make your life easier for blackberry than lets say HTC just because there is a much larger market.03-27-09 01:01 PM
- If you currently believe that a BB is inferior and does not do it's designed purpose, then why would you love to have one?
haha, Anyways. As far as syncing, I don't use that. I have two email accounts that I use on my bb tho and it works completely fine. I don't have separate folders on mine. I'm not sure if you're able to do it that way or what. I've only owned one for about 2 months.03-27-09 01:02 PM
- i'd like to know how he gets massages to appear on his phone. shiatsu? deep tissue? does he get a happy ending? if new massages appeared on my phone, i'd never leave the house. i need that new massages app, now, please.
Last edited by necr0tic; 03-27-09 at 01:16 PM.03-27-09 01:12 PM
- There's always that guy that doesn't read the whole post.
haha, Anyways. As far as syncing, I don't use that. I have two email accounts that I use on my bb tho and it works completely fine. I don't have separate folders on mine. I'm not sure if you're able to do it that way or what. I've only owned one for about 2 months.03-27-09 02:23 PM
- one thing i will add is i use the bis with the regular BB email and it doesn't have all the options for sub folders but i do not mind that there are also other benefits to the BES i am not fully aware of all of them as in i do not need it. but the one advantage to the blackberry is you can always download a different email application which can be alot better than the BB standard one. it is really all personal preference i have used winmo phones before and they were not terrible but i like the feel of the BB but you might be different. it is hard to say, but even if the BB is the same as ur winmo or even a bit better it probably will not be worth the difference in price.03-27-09 03:44 PM
- 03-27-09 05:11 PM
- 03-27-09 09:07 PM
Good luck, though!
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com03-27-09 10:10 PM
- Well put josh. I was thinking the same thing.
My balckberry is far from inferior to my ex winmo phones but there are more 3rd party apps for it making it more versitile but it creates lag on the device.
Take the good with the bad
Ohh and why anybody would want to own a BB is to be a part of this kik arse community, lol
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com03-28-09 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD