I keep seeing people's PIN on this forum, I'm a total newb and just got my first BB this week. What is a PIN?
    02-03-08 07:59 PM
    Personal Identification Number. It is a unique number assigned to your BB. You can use it with BB messenger to communicate with other contacts that have a BB.
    02-03-08 09:03 PM
    You should find your Under Options > Status.
    02-03-08 09:20 PM
    I'm in the same boat I hope I don't step on any toes by asking this but I finally found my pin but what do with it now? Also is it ok to give out or is it perfectly normal and safe to? No one will be able to get into my info on my phone will they?
    02-03-08 09:39 PM
    No its just used to communicate with other people that have BBs. My pin is 243EF460 you can go into BB Messenger, menu>add new contact>one time use>email. Then enter the PIN and you can I'm with them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-08 09:55 PM
    You can also press and hold "Alt", shift and "H" on the Home screen to bring-up a system information screen that, among other things, specifies your PIN... Much quicker than stuffing around in the menu.

Alt+shift+H

02-04-08 04:36 AM
    congrats on the pearl! you'll love it. and welcome to the forums.
    02-04-08 06:36 AM
    ALT shift H? Doesn't work on my 8130, sounds like a great trick though

02-04-08 07:25 AM
    Only for QWERTY devices, not SureType.
    02-04-08 07:49 AM

Also when you are typing, you can type "mypin" then the space bar and it will show up.
    02-04-08 09:44 AM
    Or simply just go to Options then Status. Check out this Thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...oes-work-5877/
    02-04-08 02:33 PM
    Okay, as another newbie, what the benefit of communicating with the PIN rather than just email?
    02-04-08 02:46 PM
    PIN messages are very compact data messages that travel over the RIM network from one BlackBerry to another BlackBerry. PIN messages do not utilize SMS, so they do not subtract from your SMS text message allotment. My wife and I chat on BlackBerry Messenger all day and never run out of messages. I save my SMS messages for my non-BlackBerried peeps.
    02-04-08 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD